Well ram is the first to have a deisel in a half ton...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to see how these "light duty diesels" perform first before I'd consider one. Public perception is that diesels are really dirty which is why they aren't very popular in the US. In reality, with ultra low sulphur diesel fuels, urea injections, DPF, etc. today's diesels probably produce less emissions than some gas motors and gas motors can't beat the efficiency. Maintenance is higher but diesel motors last longer which is great for fleet vehicles and drivers who put lots of miles on their trucks. Problem is, people take all that crap off when increasing performance and adding aftermarket tuners. I'd consider a Ford light duty diesel but I'd never buy anything but Ford!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Harley Rider
is your name associated with the PawPaw tree?
No...it's what my grandson has always called me.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i think the want and need for a 1/2 ton diesel is not as great as some think.

considering the up front cost and possible repair bills, they dont make sense for most people.

the fact that all of the manufacturer arent making one should tell you something.

there was a time when everybody wanted a diesel, then came the 6.0 and 6.4and now the only people i know getting them are those that really need them.

i think more efficient motors and weight lose is where the 1/2 ton market is going

Quick Reply: Well ram is the first to have a deisel in a half ton...