Why welfare stinks!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why welfare stinks!

http://www.lbc.co.uk/listen-jobless-...p-at-8am-64710

This is Why the UK is screwed. Im pretty sure there are plenty of US Citizens that have the same approach to working but this is what living in a Country that hands out money to the lazy creates!!

Old 12-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I despise government sponsored mooches and the politicians who sell our future for votes. Unfortunately we are headed down the same path.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
hahaha thats half unemployed americans.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by UKSteveF150
This is Why the UK is screwed. Im pretty sure there are plenty of US Citizens that have the same approach to working but this is what living in a Country that hands out money to the lazy creates!!
Id say a good 60%+ of people using the unemployment system have turned down full time jobs because of laziness.

I can name a few that I know. Every excuse in the book not to work.... sickens me.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welfare only exists in it's current form to insure voters for democrats for generations. If democrats came out against it, they would never win another election.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by Frank S
Welfare only exists in it's current form to insure voters for democrats for generations. If democrats came out against it, they would never win another election.
Wow that is a great way to put it haha

Old 01-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CC268
Wow that is a great way to put it haha
An honest way to put it. What are the Democrats gonna do when they run out of other peoples money to spend, which are where we are at now, hence the search under every rock for more ways to tax us. Frank's right when he says the Democrats would never win another election if they "did the right thing" about giving hard working peoples money away to people who don't want to work. Unfortunately they're not known for that kind of decision. Expect more of the same.... until the implosion!

Old 01-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by code58
An honest way to put it. What are the Democrats gonna do when they run out of other peoples money to spend, which are where we are at now, hence the search under every rock for more ways to tax us...
Look at Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Ireland. All are facing huge austerity measures but have not really made cuts into government handouts. That would cost votes. It will always be the fault of those greedy, rich people who are not doing their part.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i work for my dad who has owned his own business since he was 20 years old. i began working for him right after high school. we have just been talking about needing to hire another person or two but there are those who dont want a job because they are making it by on welfare or unemployment. we actually look at how long someone is on unemployment and make a decision based upon that and other factors as well. if someone cant find a job in a year, then there may be something wrong. i see job boards, newspapers, monster.com, indeed.com, signs everywhere looking for people. and we have this kind of unemployment? something dont add up folks.

Posted from F150online.com App for Android

Old 01-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree. Get off your *** and work like the rest of us people!

Old 01-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Needs to be reversed

Senate fiscal proposal: $620B in tax hikes, $15B in spending cuts
By
Published January 1, 2013 | FoxNews.com

While senators were aiming for an early morning vote on their in-the-works fiscal deal, calculations from congressional number-crunchers quickly raised questions about how House Republicans would take it.
In short, according to rough calculations forwarded by a source close to the talks, the proposal would include $620 billion in new tax hikes and $15 billion in net spending cuts.

I would reverse the allocation. Government is the problem. Get rid of all the incumbents.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:52 PM
As stated by a dem rep. "The check is in the mail", after the "deal" worked out.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...nt-check-mail/

Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 PM
I would reverse the allocation. Government is the problem. Get rid of all the incumbents.
We're not sendin Harleyrider to the optometrist, he's definitely see'in 20:20!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by 67Shelby
i work for my dad who has owned his own business since he was 20 years old. i began working for him right after high school. we have just been talking about needing to hire another person or two but there are those who dont want a job because they are making it by on welfare or unemployment. we actually look at how long someone is on unemployment and make a decision based upon that and other factors as well. if someone cant find a job in a year, then there may be something wrong. i see job boards, newspapers, monster.com, indeed.com, signs everywhere looking for people. and we have this kind of unemployment? something dont add up folks.
We saw the same thing on the Gulf Coast after Katrina. There were help wanted signs everywhere, but nobody to fill the positions. Since so many businesses had been washed away a provision was passed to extend the 6 month unemployment benefits out to a year. We talked to some business owners in the area and found out they had plenty of applicants, but they would show up late, smelling of booze or drugs, or be completely unqualified, etc., etc. It was interesting that once the unemployment dried up so did the help wanted signs. All those empty positions were filled. Heck even McDonald's was offering a $500 start bonus and offering almost $10 per hour for a fry cook back then.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:14 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
there's a guy down the street who brings in more money via unemployment than I make working...

Quick Reply: Why welfare stinks!