what happened to america(south)????

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what happened to america(south)????

what happened to good people and morals????? i remember growin up and sayin i hope im like that guy when i get older and havin real people around me. i go to germany for 3 yrs and come home and see nothin but lyin fake people. sorry guys figure theres others out there that feel the same way. Really what started this is 2 things that have recently happened in last 2 months. i only been back in the states for a yr now.

1) my house gets broken into and 3500 worth of property stolen; includin my new 270 rifle, my xbox, and whole bunch more.but rlly miss those 2 things.so i file a claim with a full police report to support it. i get 490 bucks back n my agent sayd i had a 2300 deductible(holy). i was never told this when i got the hhome owners insurance if i would have been told i deff wouldnt have gotten it thats for sure so i call and ask them why its so high she goes i have no clue let me call my agent and find out and call u back asap. its been 6 hrs now no call yay me. the other part that pisses me off is i have a 65 lb. pitbull thats very protective and a full adt alarm system and im very caustious about lockin everything up(grew up in the ghetto as only white family not to safe lol). how the hell u break in and get past all those pre-cauction?

2) dropped 7000 on my truck with all new stuff(6" lift, exhaust). called around and found a mechanic who i thought knew wat he was doin and talkin bout. he's doin my true dual exhaust, procomp stage 1 6" lift, headlights, oil change, and puttin on my rims and tires with alignment. said $900 adn 3 days. i bought all the parts everything all that was need oil and filter everything. dropped my truck off on mon. at 1730(5:30 pm) before they closed so he could secure all parts inside and start right away nxt mornin. i have since drove by 4 times a day. first 2 days my truck just sat there nothin done. kinda started gettin mad but watever mybe they were doin stuff just couldnt tell since i was just drivin by so i call at 1200 on 3rd day to see when it be done and im told that its gonna be the next day at 1200. i was like shoot ok well fine so i stop by this afternoon and low and behold not a single thing done they had just started puttin the lift on the front end i was like wow really and the guy goes well its not a stage 1 its a stage 3(wat a idiot).

my real question is why the hell you gnna try and lie to me? america needs a full redo just sayin

Last edited by Bluejay; 10-07-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: languge
Old 10-07-2011, 02:26 PM
My opinion. There are still a whole lot of good people out there in our great country. Just not as many as there used to be. The reasons are many, though I'm not going to post them here because that would probably cause the powers that be to move your thread to that segregated, isolated sub forum.

Keep your chin up. That's what I tell myself. I know that there are still good people out there. Hopefully we can set an example for people who've been convinced that corruption and confrontation are the answer to our countries ills.

Last edited by wittom; 10-07-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:33 PM
agree'd rlly just ventin.....

Old 10-07-2011, 04:18 PM
What happened to grammar?

Old 10-07-2011, 06:07 PM
haha grammer aint taught no more

Old 10-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by infantry_18
haha grammer aint taught no more
haha it is but you got to sit in your seat an lern it

Old 10-07-2011, 10:57 PM
haha very true was never to good at that part

Old 10-08-2011, 05:24 AM
My 2 cents? I hate the way the way things go on now a days.

If you work for a company for any length of time, you become a liability instead of an asset, because they will be looking to replace you with someone who will accept half the pay and do more. They use you up then throw you away.

I go on line and the first thing I do is check all of my financials to make sure no one is stealing or wrongfully charging me. And I catch them often enough to make sure I do it daily.

I have a 10K deductible on my homeowners insurance because:
I have a motgage and since I live in a mobile in FL, they are gonna stick it to me,
I have to have it since I owe 69K on a home that if I am very very lucky I can sell it for that,
I have to have it because @ $1600 per year, it's all I could afford.

My health care is a $1500 deductible, so it's not really good for anything except major medical.

While I stand in line for an Rx, I see a woman sitting on a bench, obviously angry and upset, talking to an automated uncaring machine, repeating information out loud that could easily be used by anyone within earshot.

And don't even get me started on the government, which I worked for for a long time. It's worse now than it's ever been. People should know that the reason the economy is in the tank isn't the foreclosures, it's what led to those foreclosures. I don't think our government system can ever be fixed and frankly think the whole thing should be trashed and rebuilt.

Oh, and by the way, my wife recently went out to be with her mother for a few weeks. Her sister called and said I don't know what mom told you, but it's much more serious then she's let on. (Stage 4 cancer) She got permission to leave her work and use up all her sick leave and vacation. She died 3 weeks after she got there and her boss got pissed because she wasn't back immediately after the funeral. Soooo, she comes back, works for a month, gets all the mess cleaned up while she was gone and they lay her off yesterday. Nice huh?

I didn't write the book, but I know how the story goes. So next year, with a little bit of luck, we will:
Sell the house and everything that is not important to us anymore,
Pack up the dogs and the truck,
Hook up the travel trailer,
Tell only the people that we want to where we are going,
Retire and disappear into the woods in northern CA.

That's my answer anyway.

PS Thanks for the excuse for me to vent too!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by justusinfla
Retire and disappear into the woods in northern CA.That's my answer anyway.
Not far enough away for me. When I am ready to pull the same dissapearing act, were going to sell off Everything and go to the Philippines. I love the USA, but By By, See Ya, Ain't coming back !!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Don't think I can afford to run away.
If I closed all accounts and sell off all assets, I figure I would have enough for a down payment on a toaster oven.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Raoul
If I closed all accounts and sell off all assets, I figure I would have enough for a down payment on a toaster oven.
Uh huh.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Raoul
I might be able to pick up a George Foreman grill but doubt there will be an electrical outlet under my bridge...

Old 10-08-2011, 06:27 PM
you guys are going off of the false assumption of mankind being naturally good.

we aren't. if you were a bible thumper, i mean a legit denomination not one of those feel good, gospel only non-denom's, you'd realize that the fall of man means that people are by nature sinful. to expect anything else is crazy.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:27 PM
I too miss the small town life. Not much money to make, but the majority of people seemed honest. Well now days I still do have a couple buddies I can still trust. But hell when you look back you only remember the positive anyway.

Last edited by Need4racin; 10-08-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:46 PM
very true maybe thats y i keep thinkin that we as americans are goin down the drain...then again stuff these days thats allowed u'd been beaten for when i was a kid

Quick Reply: what happened to america(south)????