Coolist truck I have EVER touched

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 09:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
Because thats what this forum has always been like and will always be like in the future. Everyone thinks they know everything....<snip>....
Opinions are allowed, as long as they follow the forum TOS.
The funny part is both you and KingRanchCoy are thread crapping about the thread crapping going on.
See something a bit hypercritical going on, the real irony is the last line quoted above...

.....<snip>....Why do you think I left this place for a while? I've been back on a regular basis for about 2 weeks now and i'm ready to leave again....<snip>....
Don't worry, you were not missed the last time you left.
Don't be all talk and no action on this one please.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
The funny part is both you and KingRanchCoy are thread crapping about the thread crapping going on.
See something a bit hypercritical going on, the real irony is the last line quoted above...

Last edited by birddog_61; 12-17-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:42 PM

Thanks for proving my point

Old 12-17-2010, 03:01 PM

Well in self defense, (because this thread won't die) every install I have done since this thread I have been laying things in the floor. I am super self conscious about it now.

Also,
I drilled a hole in the roof a new 2500 HD Gm.
Why?
Because I can!

(not really I was installing a car kit, and he wanted a roof mount)

Ib4pics.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Glad you took the advice. h=Had I come into your shop and had you do some work and I saw the tools in the seat, and later saw there was no damage, I probably would not have said anything to you about it but I would never bring my truck back to you. Most of the people spending money on their vehicle for upgrades like it to remain as pristine as possible and take good care of it. They can be pretty **** about someone working on it.

You had a good attitude with everyone jumping on you and seems to me you gained from the experience.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bluejay
Glad you took the advice. h=Had I come into your shop and had you do some work and I saw the tools in the seat, and later saw there was no damage, I probably would not have said anything to you about it but I would never bring my truck back to you. Most of the people spending money on their vehicle for upgrades like it to remain as pristine as possible and take good care of it. They can be pretty **** about someone working on it.

You had a good attitude with everyone jumping on you and seems to me you gained from the experience.

Its hard, kind of a habit. But I am trying to not put things in the seat anymore.

Things got pretty heated, and I did kind of get angry at some one, but hopefully no hard feelings.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:40 PM
No hard feelings here.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Never heard of or ever seen an Outlaw, looks pretty cool.

When I'm working on my truck I do put stuff in the seats while I'm working, but I take it as careless when someone else that's working on it does the same thing. I don't know why I guess it's that if I mess something up I can only blame myself, but I have had mechanics leave oil and grease all over my dash and steering wheel and greasy fingerprints all over the hood. So since then I've been really **** about someone I don't know touch my truck.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:24 PM
All that for a Galaxy DX959. What did you go with for the antenna? Don't poke no hole in the floor with those sharp tools

Old 12-17-2010, 05:25 PM

[Hijack]
Thanks for proving my point
Did you think by posting that threat, everyone would stop the actions you don't like ?

Serious, did anyone miss you the last time you left ?

People post that they would not care too much to see this ( and it did seem to change behavior for good or bad ) .
You take it as thread crapping and complaining, and post some more thread crapping complaining about this type of complaining.
I know you do not get it, but it is ironic.

You leave because you think there are a majority of jerks here ( that is what you say now, before it was due to buying a different vehicle ) , but come back with a "hey did you miss me" thread....

You have a sarcastic "everyone else thinks they know everything" comment, what did you expect, more welcome back to the site comments as posted in your own self aggrandizing thread.

I know not a single person would care nor miss me if I stopped posting on the site, and if I did this and starting posting again, I don't have such an inflated opinion of myself to announce to the site "I'm back..." as if the site stopped working while I was gone...

[\Hijack]

Old 12-17-2010, 05:35 PM
those are cool trucks... my aunt bought has one and pretty much never drives it around... she just uses it to tow her 5th wheel and her big snowmobile trailor... it is a garage queen... her daily driver is a old vw jetta that has had 4 different owners and all where in my family, went from my aunt to sister to brother to dad then back to my aunt... lol... but i told her if she ever sales it i get first dibs on it cause i know it has been taken care of and was fun to drive also...

Old 12-17-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by IDIeselman
All that for a Galaxy DX959. What did you go with for the antenna? Don't poke no hole in the floor with those sharp tools
Thats a negaitve.

It was already in the truck.

I was installing a hands free BT kit for any BT phone.
I used a *our part number* AN-1960 U Roof mount.
Dual band anteanna on the freqs we use.

I am not allowed to "install" a cb, but if I just "happen" to leave all the wiring in the right place and some one else "happens" to hook it up, well then no one cares.
That CB was hooked to a cig plug.

We use a version of ther Burry CC-9045, well thats what YOU can buy, what we buy is a bit different, plus we offer a 1 year warranty on almost anthing I install.
Barring some limitations, like if jo bob tries to rewire the kit, or some one else messes with it.

Each installer has quirks, I can tell my work, I can tell the older guy who tought me by his work.
I can tell the other local company because they buy off us and resell.
They use normal speaker wire as power wire and run power and ground from the battery.
They also love tape, lots and lots of tape and no but connectors.
Gotta make a connection? they just tape it up.
To beat it all, they charge more and offer only a 90 day warranty.

The guy about 2 hours away uses a different kit.

Plus we mark each kit we put in, in a way that we can tell if its been tampaered with.

Oh, I am also that unpopular guy who installs GPS tracking devices in company trucks.
People LOVE me for that.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:11 PM
[Hijack]

Did you think by posting that threat, everyone would stop the actions you don't like ?

Serious, did anyone miss you the last time you left ?

People post that they would not care too much to see this ( and it did seem to change behavior for good or bad ) .
You take it as thread crapping and complaining, and post some more thread crapping complaining about this type of complaining.
I know you do not get it, but it is ironic.

You leave because you think there are a majority of jerks here ( that is what you say now, before it was due to buying a different vehicle ) , but come back with a "hey did you miss me" thread....

You have a sarcastic "everyone else thinks they know everything" comment, what did you expect, more welcome back to the site comments as posted in your own self aggrandizing thread.

I know not a single person would care nor miss me if I stopped posting on the site, and if I did this and starting posting again, I don't have such an inflated opinion of myself to announce to the site "I'm back..." as if the site stopped working while I was gone...

[\Hijack]

Soooo, what you're saying is.... you miss me?

Old 12-17-2010, 11:47 PM

Soooo, what you're saying is.... you miss me?
You really do have a lack of intelligence to post this.
As posted above, you were not missed the last time you left.

Don't be all talk and no action on your threat, please leave again.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:56 PM

Look he learned from his mistake of putting tools on the seat!

Quick Reply: Coolist truck I have EVER touched