Cop Punches Teen Girl in Face

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I only fault the officer for letting it go on too long. The longer he danced around, the more likely someone else would try to intervene and/or take his gun.

OTOH, he is not a particularly large guy, and he was in a tough situation where he might have felt taking her down made him more exposed/at risk.

The lack of respect for law enforcement was very apparent.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:18 PM
As Raylon Gibbons would say on FX, "it was justified," the cop should have just tasered both of them.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I live here and saw the news.. The media was all over it and showing the reactions from family and others...

They were all "appalled" at the actions of an officer.... They did say that they did not 'condone' the actions of the girls, but that the officer should not have thrown a bunch... and BLAH, BLAH, BLAH....

The 'race card' was played right from the start of it. The officer has been placed on 'training duty' and it's all being reviewed by Seattle Police and other "agencies"..

This is right on top of a Seattle PO being filmed stomping on a person of Mexican decent and yelling all kinds of profanity at him while about 6 other officers were standing around watching. A female officer also planted a foot on the guy.. Turns out they had the wrong guy!! In that case, the officers took it way too far IMO..

Also, we have had 6 or so cops KILLED in cold blood earlier this year, so needless to say, they are probably a bit on edge when it comes to the public!!

As far as the cop and the J walker... I'm seeing it like all of you and going to say he was justified in doing what he did to restrain her.. He's just damn lucky that didn't incite the crowd into attacking him however!

People like those teenagers are what's going to drag this country down even farther then it is and until some actual punishment and consequences are placed on these kinds of people, it's only going to get worse...

Mitch

Old 06-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious? are you serious?

**** yea he's serious!

Old 06-16-2010, 06:39 PM
I think he was justified in his actions in this situation, and this is coming from a female. Pepper spray would probably have been a smarter choice and probably would have received a lot less publicity and public outrage. However, he was in the heat of the moment, and sometimes in those situations your body naturally reacts. Plus, with both girls all over his arms and such, it wouldn't have been easy and maybe not even plausible to reach down and grab the pepper spray at that time. I'm surprised he wrestled with the main girl for such an extended amount of time. I would have at least thought of using some other method to get her down (pepper spray, taser, or kneeing her in the back of her knee in a method as to get her down but brace her fall somewhat also) because the longer you let that situation escalate or continue on, the greater the potential of a bigger conflict arising, especially with all those other people encircling him. The fact that this is actually causing public outcry is one example of why this this country, this world, and the human race in general is spiraling downward.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by MitchF150
I live here and saw the news.. The media was all over it and showing the reactions from family and others...

They were all "appalled" at the actions of an officer.... They did say that they did not 'condone' the actions of the girls, but that the officer should not have thrown a bunch... and BLAH, BLAH, BLAH....

The 'race card' was played right from the start of it. The officer has been placed on 'training duty' and it's all being reviewed by Seattle Police and other "agencies"..

This is right on top of a Seattle PO being filmed stomping on a person of Mexican decent and yelling all kinds of profanity at him while about 6 other officers were standing around watching. A female officer also planted a foot on the guy.. Turns out they had the wrong guy!! In that case, the officers took it way too far IMO..

Also, we have had 6 or so cops KILLED in cold blood earlier this year, so needless to say, they are probably a bit on edge when it comes to the public!!

As far as the cop and the J walker... I'm seeing it like all of you and going to say he was justified in doing what he did to restrain her.. He's just damn lucky that didn't incite the crowd into attacking him however!

People like those teenagers are what's going to drag this country down even farther then it is and until some actual punishment and consequences are placed on these kinds of people, it's only going to get worse...

Mitch
Washington State is a tree hugging, liberal state which unfortunately will side with the teenagers. I agree that folks like them are flushing this country down the crapper.

My dream is that a giant sized earthquake breaks off the West coast states (California, Oregon, & Washinton) and dumps those states in the Pacific Ocean.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:53 PM
It's really King County and the City of Seattle that govern the entire state!! If you saw a map of how most of the voting goes around here, you'd see that the majority of our states counties vote Republican and only a couple of counties actually vote Democrat, yet the counties that vote that way have the entire states population, so guess who rules!!

The tree huggers all reside in Seattle! ha, ha!!

Mitch

Old 06-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by MitchF150
It's really King County and the City of Seattle that govern the entire state!! If you saw a map of how most of the voting goes around here, you'd see that the majority of our states counties vote Republican and only a couple of counties actually vote Democrat, yet the counties that vote that way have the entire states population, so guess who rules!!

The tree huggers all reside in Seattle! ha, ha!!

Mitch
Yeah, you're right.....how about a giant-sized sinkhole under the city of Seattle.

I lived in Washington from 1991-2004 and enjoyed my time there. Then again, I was stationed at the Bangor Sub base so didn't deal with many liberal folks.

Beautiful state....ruined by the majority.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:15 PM
The second she touched the cop she deserved the punch. The fact that he spent so much time without spraying or tasering the girl in the black was amazing. There is no doubt he will be called racist simply because that's what the world has come to now. The level of disrespect she showed for him was disgusting.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by screwyou
Yeah, you're right.....how about a giant-sized sinkhole under the city of Seattle.

I lived in Washington from 1991-2004 and enjoyed my time there. Then again, I was stationed at the Bangor Sub base so didn't deal with many liberal folks.

Beautiful state....ruined by the majority.
Actually, it pretty much already has that!! If there is a good size earth quake in Seattle, most of down town will sink into Puget Sound!! It's all fill from when they had the last major earth quake and fire around the turn of the century.. That's how they built up the water front way back when!!

Mitch

Old 06-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe I should keep my mouth shut, but hell I'm not very good at that.

In regards to the "Liberal West Coast" I don't see how this has anything to do with this. Same thing as when someone referenced the "Race Card"; nothing to do with the situation.

Here's how I see it:

The officer confronted them about the law they just broke.
Then rather than listening politely, and most likely have gotten off with a warning, they decided to treat the officer in a highly disrespectful manner. While I am not in law enforcement, I have family members that are, therefore I know that any situation can be dangerous. When these people acted so disrespectful and threatening, the Officer did what he had to do to keep himself safe.

This situation has nothing to do with Race, Liberalism or politics.

Anywhere there are disrespectful people tings like this can happen.

I am 20, and I feel as though I have a good hold on respecting my elders. You want people my age to be respectful? Teach respect and equality as a person is growing up, and these things won't happen.

Just my $0.02

Old 06-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Here is an article of the Seattle times I just found.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ppunch16m.html

Looks like they (the police and news) are supporting the officer...initially and in the very end.

A few things about this article/situation, however, irritate me. These are some little quotes that I pulled directly from the article.

"Metz said he contacted leaders of Seattle's African-American community Monday night, telling them that an investigation would be conducted."

This should not be necissary. Yes they make a point of stating "Rosenthal and Levias are African American; Walsh is white," but I see it as a confrontation between two citizens with criminal backgrounds (as stated in the article) and a police officer.

The use of force was originally acceptable as means of self defense but then when the "leaders of the African-American community" are present in a conference the story suddenly changes to
"The provocation by this 17-year-old kid may have presented a confrontation situation, but the use of violence in the form of a full punch in the face was just plain wrong."

Here is another quote that I get a kick out of, "The pattern is very predictable: The officer sees a jaywalker, orders the person to come to him, gets angry when the jaywalker either doesn't respond or argues, and ends up either in a physical confrontation or an arrest for an obstruction charge or both."
...aparently nobody over there has ever hear of using the phrase "Yes sir" or "Yes officer"(since there can be arguments with a racial basis) in this kind of stituation. Cooperation isn't such a bad thing when it is a simple issue.

I would love to jail every person that uses the kind of conduct seen in the girls and the onlookers but that would cause a huge increase in taxes. That is something I dont particularly care for just so that they would have free rent and 3 meals a day on our (the law abiding tax payer's) tab.

The article and video may not show the entire situation but knowing how many people react when accused of something THEY dont think is a problem leaves me on the officer's side.

Last edited by Longshot270; 06-16-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
If you step into the octagon pregnant, who is really responsible? I thought she was just fat. You can get into trouble for assuming a woman is pregnant just because she looks it.

So does this mean that habibi is pregnant??? and not a fattie>>> :santa:

Old 06-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by animated_zombie
Maybe I should keep my mouth shut, but hell I'm not very good at that.

In regards to the "Liberal West Coast" I don't see how this has anything to do with this. Same thing as when someone referenced the "Race Card"; nothing to do with the situation.

Here's how I see it:

The officer confronted them about the law they just broke.
Then rather than listening politely, and most likely have gotten off with a warning, they decided to treat the officer in a highly disrespectful manner. While I am not in law enforcement, I have family members that are, therefore I know that any situation can be dangerous. When these people acted so disrespectful and threatening, the Officer did what he had to do to keep himself safe.

This situation has nothing to do with Race, Liberalism or politics.

Anywhere there are disrespectful people tings like this can happen.

I am 20, and I feel as though I have a good hold on respecting my elders. You want people my age to be respectful? Teach respect and equality as a person is growing up, and these things won't happen.

Just my $0.02

The actual event had nothing to do with race. The race card was brought out by the NAACP and the other LIBERAL groups making there statements. The area that the officer was in is a predominatly black, low income area of Seattle. They are very liberal there. The interviews on talk radio with the black pastors of two churchs was sickening to listen to. The pastors justified the girl's actions as being normal teens. BTW, I understand that people in the community ASKED the police to show a presense in the area because j walking is so prevelent. And there is a pedestrian sky bridge in the area that they can use, but choose not to. The officer showed way to much restraint. He could have been taken out very quickly by a couple of people there who could have attacked him.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Coming from yet another woman... He was justified to hit her. She was attacking him. I think he showed remarkable restraint. If the officer had been female, the attacker would have been dropped like a 3" putt...and faster than it took me to type that.

In a weird way, I hope they do pull the race card and the case goes before a judge intelligent enough not to be sucked in by it. Maybe they will get the message that not everything that happens to them is because they are black.

I used to work in a convenience store. I was required by company policy to card EVERYONE who looked to be under 40 and was purchasing alcohol and/or tabacco. Since I didn't want to risk going to jail in a sting (penalties are harsh here), I did just that. I wish I had a dollar for all the African-Americans that accused me of carding them because they were black. I got so sick of it, when they did pull the race card, I told them to get out. If they refused to leave, I called the police. If they were dumb enough to stick around until the gendarmes arrived (most knew just how long they could stick around and bluster before the police could get there), they were trespassed warned, which means if they ever came back, they would go to jail.

It was a rough neigborhood and I worked third shift but being part Irish and full bitch helped a lot!

Last edited by Lady Fitzgerald; 06-16-2010 at 09:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Cop Punches Teen Girl in Face