60 votes, no matter how you get them...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by s2krn
In your opinion... thought you made your living in the financial markets. Do you dable in health care as well? Since you seem to know first hand that Indian trained surgeons are more skilled than your average US surgeon.
I'm not the only one who knows that some of the most skilled surgeons practice in India. This is common knowledge. But go do your own research, I don't want to hold your hand. The point being that our healthcare system is really broken, too expensive and the results are sub-standard.

Many of the surgeons in India trained in the US... Just FYI.
Some did, some didn't. What's your point?
There's a reason most wealthy foreigners come to the US for surgery.
Correction: Some wealthy foreiners come to the U.S. for surgery.

When you are nickle and diming or don't have insurance, you can go to some to the "Resort Hospitals" overseas and get surgeries; esp cosmetic surgeries, at a cut rate. Many of those surgeons fly in from the US and stay for an extended period then fly back.
Many? Do you care to provide a source and some numbers? Generally, U.S. surgeons can make more money here so unless they are using a technique that is not yet approved by the FDA there is not often a lot of incentive to practice over-seas.

I find it ironic that the very people who say our government is the problem then go on to say you get the best health care in our highly regulated medical market.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Real
I'm not the only one who knows that some of the most skilled surgeons practice in India. This is common knowledge. But go do your own research, I don't want to hold your hand. The point being that our healthcare system is really broken, too expensive and the results are sub-standard.

Some did, some didn't. What's your point?

Correction: Some wealthy foreiners come to the U.S. for surgery.

Many? Do you care to provide a source and some numbers? Generally, U.S. surgeons can make more money here so unless they are using a technique that is not yet approved by the FDA there is not often a lot of incentive to practice over-seas.

I find it ironic that the very people who say our government is the problem then go on to say you get the best health care in our highly regulated medical market.
Keep spouting off like you are a resident expert. Answer the question; how do you know that Indian surgeons are better than the average US surgeon. You don't have to hold my hand REAL; you picked the wrong topic on this one.
American physicians can go to places like Mexico, Thailand, etc and perform surgeries because the overhead is so low. The hospital employees are paid dirt, the regulations are not controlled by the Joint Commission like in the US, Malpractice is a fraction of that in the US; shall I go on????

Keep on sticking your foot in your mouth in multiple threads... it's quite entertaining. I'll keep calling you out when you post something that stinks worse than the dead skunk I passed on my way to work today.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Answer the question; how do you know that Indian surgeons are better than the average US surgeon.
You're problem is low reading comprehension.

I didn't say Indian surgeon's are better than the average US surgeon.

I'll let you re-read what I wrote and see if you can figure out how you mischaracterized what I said.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Correct. IMO, a lot of the surgeons in India are even more skilled than the average surgeon in the U.S.
Ok... there's your quote. Stop dodging the question. What basis do you have for your "opinion"? My reading comprehension is fine... I'm beginning to wonder if your teleprompter is broken.

You duck and dodge better than Ali!

Old 12-22-2009, 12:20 AM
What basis do you have for your "opinion"?
I have two highly respected orthopaedic surgeons in my family. One retired and one actively practicing. Surgeons in all specialties regularly receive updated training by leaders in their field. For example, to learn the latest joint resurfacing techniques, etc. The leaders in the latest, most successful techniques are often Indian surgeons. In fact, some of the most successful new techniques are not even approved by the FDA in the US yet. So you might have to go to India if you want the best and you don't want to wait for FDA approval.

In otherwords, I heard it from an orthopaedic surgeon. I'm not sure why you take issue with this. It is a well-known fact that a lot of the top surgeons are Indian.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Correct. IMO, a lot of the surgeons in India are even more skilled than the average surgeon in the U.S.
You have a lot of experience with having surgery done in India, Real? Musta gone there to have your head removed from the "Dark Place". Well guess what, the surgery was not successful- even those top notch Indian doctors weren't able to perform that miracle!

Old 12-22-2009, 07:35 AM
I'm not sure why you take issue with this. It is a well-known fact that a lot of the top surgeons are Indian.
If this, or any of the things that you say claiming are "facts" are, with the advent of the world wide web, you should be able to verify a well known fact.

You're saying two different things now.

First, you tell us that it is your opinion that it's the surgeons "in" India that are even more skilled than the average US surgeon. Then you tell us that it's a well know fact, that a lot of top surgeons "are" Indian.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by wittom
If this, or any of the things that you say claiming are "facts" are, with the advent of the world wide web, you should be able to verify a well known fact.

You're saying two different things now.

First, you tell us that it is your opinion that it's the surgeons "in" India that are even more skilled than the average US surgeon. Then you tell us that it's a well know fact, that a lot of top surgeons "are" Indian.

Mind reading... You have to be reading my mind! If you poke long enough,they always slip up. It's hard to remember what you've said when u don't know of what you speak.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by wittom

Yes, practicing in India and most of them are Indian in the same way that most surgeons practicing in the U.S. are American.

I don't know why you are taking issue with it. It's well known by those in the industry. I think you just like to argue.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Didn't someone here once type "just because you type it doesn't mean its true" or words to that affect?

Old 12-22-2009, 12:04 PM
If you had been paying attention you would know that reforming healthcare is key to solving future deficits.

90% of Canadians approve of their current single-payer system. Maybe we should move towards that popular system instead of the watered-down version the conservatives have foisted on us.

I'm sure we could do better at it than the Canadians as we have a higher per capita GDP and spend far more on healthcare even though the Canadian system leads to fewer deaths/longer lives.

http://medicare.ca/wp-content/upload...nanos-poll.pdf
Lets say we adopt a Canadian style health care plan... Where do Americans go when their health care system lets them down? There's not another USA just to our south where we can pay for better care when the need arises.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_...ve_health_care

Old 12-22-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm an old poster here...have been for years and havent posted in a few months, but this Real guy made me log in. You guys quit messing with him, he's beginning to look like an idiot.

Oh and Real, I didnt see where you addressed a single governement-run entity that was run as well as a privately-owned one. Any response to that, or are you going to duck/dodge that one too?

And what the heck is this? ------>

Old 12-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Green_98
I'm an old poster here...have been for years and havent posted in a few months, but this Real guy made me log in. You guys quit messing with him, he's beginning to look like an idiot.

Oh and Real, I didnt see where you addressed a single governement-run entity that was run as well as a privately-owned one. Any response to that, or are you going to duck/dodge that one too?

And what the heck is this? ------>
Hey! Don't make fun of RP's llama!

Old 12-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Oh thats Rockpick's Llama? Oh how dare I ask a question about this sacred beast? haha

Old 12-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Green_98
A lot of you guys are horribly misinformed.

The bill that will passed shortly is not for government run health-care. That is why those who are left of center are so enraged. Health care will continue to be provided privately, private insurance companies will administer it, private doctors will still answer to the insurance companies and the people will still need to shop around and decide which insurance company to go with. The bill does offer some nice consumer protections but falls short in terms of the kind of reform we actually need. But that's what happens when you have private insurance and drug lobbyists swarming all over capitol hill.

A government run entity that was run as well as a private entity? It depends upon which private entity you are referring to. Merril Lynch? Goldman Sachs? Morgan Stanley? My private Blue Cross medical insurance? The private local hospital? AIG?

One time the IRS sent me a check for $478,000.00. It was made out to me and I knew they were good for it. Did I cash it? No, it was a mistake.

But government run healthcare is not on the table. People are so misinformed by the right-wing it's not even funny.

Quick Reply: 60 votes, no matter how you get them...