F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion-55/)
-   -   60 votes, no matter how you get them... (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion/400335-60-votes-no-matter-how-you-get-them.html)

harleydude78 12-19-2009 09:09 PM

60 votes, no matter how you get them...

I am sure it has happened in the past (It still doesn't make it right to do it) whether it was Republicans, Whigs, Libertarians or whoever, but I just figure I would post the sleazyness going down in regards to getting votes to get the health care bill passed. The bill still has a LONG way to go before final passage for the President to sign.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1209/30815.html

I say we vote all of Congress out and get all new blood in there. It would be a start!

Labnerd 12-19-2009 09:45 PM

I think we need to send Al Queda an invite to nuke Washington. Hopefully, none of these idiots would survive. I guess they just don't get it when the polls are showing that 82% of the population of the US does not want a healthcare bill. That was an MSN poll last week with several million respondents. This has to be the absolute worst congress that has ever disgraced this Nation. I think they all should have the Benedict Arnold Award.

kansasflareside 12-19-2009 11:09 PM

This bill is just plain stupid. Congress is wasting all their time on it, instead of focusing on more important things, say getting the country out of a massive recession? For some reason they feel the need to just piss money into the wind, and in no way feel bad about it.

Real 12-19-2009 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by kansasflareside (Post 4007319)
This bill is just plain stupid. Congress is wasting all their time on it, instead of focusing on more important things, say getting the country out of a massive recession? For some reason they feel the need to just piss money into the wind, and in no way feel bad about it.

If you had been paying attention you would know that reforming healthcare is key to solving future deficits.

90% of Canadians approve of their current single-payer system. Maybe we should move towards that popular system instead of the watered-down version the conservatives have foisted on us.

I'm sure we could do better at it than the Canadians as we have a higher per capita GDP and spend far more on healthcare even though the Canadian system leads to fewer deaths/longer lives.

http://medicare.ca/wp-content/upload...nanos-poll.pdf

Real 12-19-2009 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Labnerd (Post 4007240)
I think we need to send Al Queda an invite to nuke Washington. Hopefully, none of these idiots would survive.

You are a sicko traitor of the United States of America and should be reported to the Secret Service and the Department of Homeland Security for your crime against the Nation.:rocker:

Let me know when they knock on your door.

b2therad 12-19-2009 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Real (Post 4007340)
If you had been paying attention you would know that reforming healthcare is key to solving future deficits.

90% of Canadians approve of their current single-payer system. Maybe we should move towards that popular system instead of the watered-down version the conservatives have foisted on us.

I'm sure we could do better at it than the Canadians as we have a higher per capita GDP and spend far more on healthcare even though the Canadian system leads to fewer deaths/longer lives.

Nuff said. :rolleyes:

s2krn 12-19-2009 11:42 PM

You can't get 90% of people to agree on anything... even Canadians!

The link posted polled 1005 Canadians by telephone. I'm not buying it.

b2therad 12-19-2009 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by s2krn (Post 4007351)
You can't get 90% of people to agree on anything... even Canadians

Thats very true.. some people like to fabricate their own percentages.

Although if you could get any group of them to agree.. it might just be canadians :o :lol:

Im just messing with the guys that are Canadian.. just kidding. Up there I bolded it because I am thinking.. what the hell does what Canadians want have to do with me?!?

Real 12-20-2009 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by s2krn (Post 4007351)
You can't get 90% of people to agree on anything... even Canadians!

You're right. It was only 89.9%:D

wittom 12-20-2009 12:13 AM

I think it depends greatly what you've been paying attention to. If you are getting emails from the Obama administration every day with talking points, you might believe the propaganda. If you take a more independant approch to paying attention, you might look around at different sources. One you might want to check out:

Big Government-Was Democrats’ Health Care Strategy Written In Federal Prison?

I expect to have this source criticized, because the idea of the progressives is to discredit their opponants. Look for yourself though. There are a lot of sources who don't just say something is the truth, they show the work it took to get there.

We hear Obama and his administration (and thoes who idolize him) say that this health care legislation is supposed to fix our economy. Sound too good to be true? You know why?...

There just might be other motives behind this push for this health care legislation.

Originally Posted by Big Government-Was Democrats’ Health Care Strategy Written In Federal Prison?
Creamer wrote his plan in 2006, explicitly proposing that it be carried out in 2009, once a “progressive Democrat is elected President” and once Democrats could count on 60 votes in the Senate. It is curious that Creamer, sitting in prison, could have predicted the details and the timing of President Obama’s legislative agenda so precisely.

We all have to decide for ourselves who and what we believe to be true. You can believe what the administration is telling us, even though it's sort of like a car sales man telling us how well built the brand of cars he sells are. We can review several different takes on the topic by people who have examined it and show how they've come to a particular conclusion.

kuruption 12-20-2009 12:25 AM

What about all the stories of Canadians coming to the US for surgery because the Canadian system puts them on waiting lists that could be months or even years long? Did you forget all of those stories? Seriously?

screwyou 12-20-2009 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Real (Post 4007345)
You are a sicko traitor of the United States of America and should be reported to the Secret Service and the Department of Homeland Security for your crime against the Nation.:rocker:

Let me know when they knock on your door.

Let us know when he folks from Darwin comes knocking on your door to present you with your award.

s2krn 12-20-2009 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by kuruption (Post 4007388)
What about all the stories of Canadians coming to the US for surgery because the Canadian system puts them on waiting lists that could be months or even years long? Did you forget all of those stories? Seriously?

All those folks tired of waiting 12 months to see a General Practitioner are the mesely 10% that are unhappy.:rolleyes:

Super FX4 12-20-2009 10:19 AM

If healthcare is going to reduce deficits, then why does it cost over 1 trillion dollars for 10 years and it will only go higher after that. We will also be paying for it 3 years prior without anything in return...

Your argument for government healthcare because we have a higher GDP is not a good argument to make. America use to be a very wealthy country because we had less government which meant less taxes, regulations, and laws... Today that is not the case, government power is growing and growing. Healthcare would become cheaper if the government would get its hands out of the market and only focus on national & homeland defense like it was originally intended to do. Healthcare is so expenive because of government, it is not because we don't have enough government.

Why so quick to sign away your freedom?

Real 12-20-2009 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by kuruption (Post 4007388)

The vast majority of those are for ELECTIVE surgeries. Canadians get BASIC healthcare without a bill. Not anything they may want or choose to have done. The rest are just what you called them, STORIES. The health insurance industry is better at PR than I thought. You actually believed them?

89.9% of all Canadians would not be supportive of their current system if it wasn't working.:fyi:

I don't know why were even discussing this, Canada has single-payer socialized healthcare. The bills in the U.S. legislature only proprose to reform the broken system we currently have. It's costing American companies their ability to remain competitive.