did at&t start something they can't finish?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
discount? I get a 15% discount off of my monthly bill...

Old 12-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06xlt4x4
Same here, I use mine all through out the day and I didn't even use 500mb

How are you only paying 150, is that for 2 iPhones? I'm on the lowest minute plan, 2 iPhones and unlimited texting (which is only $10 more than 1500) and I'm paying right at 200.
I still can't believe how much people pay for having an Iphone.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:20 PM
How are you only paying 150, is that for 2 iPhones? I'm on the lowest minute plan, 2 iPhones and unlimited texting (which is only $10 more than 1500) and I'm paying right at 200.
Lowest minutes (550/mo), 1500 text messages each, plus a discount through my wife's work. I think it might be like 10%.

Originally Posted by birddog_61
I still can't believe how much people pay for having an Iphone.
For personal use, it's the best phone I've ever used or seen. Considering my old crappy RAZR cell phone I had thru Verizon cost almost $70/mo, I don't think $150 for 2 iPhone's is all that bad.

If I were primarily using my phone for business purposes, I might have a different opinion.

- NCSU

Old 12-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Yea. I love my actual phone, (iphone), just hate the service I usually have. When I first got it, I didn't think I would use any of the apps or internet, but it really is nice to have the internet on call. Has helped me out tons. Yea, my old phone bill was 70ish, with the iphone it's like 100.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by 1st4x4
Are you a lib?

If I buy unlimited anything, I expect it to be unlimited
What he said

Old 12-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Lowest minutes (550/mo), 1500 text messages each, plus a discount through my wife's work. I think it might be like 10%.

For personal use, it's the best phone I've ever used or seen. Considering my old crappy RAZR cell phone I had thru Verizon cost almost $70/mo, I don't think $150 for 2 iPhone's is all that bad.

If I were primarily using my phone for business purposes, I might have a different opinion.

- NCSU
Dang they didn't even give me a option for 550 minutes, just 700. Maybe i'll have to give them a call.

I don't mind the price at all, this is by far the best phone I have ever used and I've used pretty much every smart phone thats come out on Verizon.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:10 PM
The Iphone is nice dont get me wrong, but it really can't do anything that a blackberry can't. I just don't think I could make myself pay that much to have the an Iphone over another smart phone, especially some of the new ones they have come out with like the HTC hero and such.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:32 PM
I still got a Palm Centro from when it first came out in 2007 through Sprint and it does pretty much everything any other smartphone does. Never had an issue with it or Sprint. I paid $35 for it and I don't have to pay a special fee just because it is a Palm Centro.

I think, imo, that some people buy the iphone because its "cool" and everyone else has it. There are a few smartphones out there that are just as good and cheaper.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:36 AM
I don't know. The Iphone is pretty good. I've tried 3 different smart phones, and the internet access on the iphone, and just smoothness of the iphone is MUCH better. My buddy had a verizon smart phone. I tried to check my email on it, and it was the most annoying thing ever. GF had a blackberry, the internet access was also crappy. Mom has that new tmobile phone in the commercials. I used it, and didn't like it either.

I will agree, the Iphone does seem like the cool thing to do, but when I went to get a new phone, I told myself I wouldn't get one. But after messing with it in the store, I loved it. Functions, apps, internet. So, while some people do get the iphone b/c it is the cool thing to do. I bet those people love the phone and it's functions.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by JNC995
I will agree, the Iphone does seem like the cool thing to do, but when I went to get a new phone, I told myself I wouldn't get one. But after messing with it in the store, I loved it.
That's how I was, except a friend of mine let me play around with theirs for a little while. At that point I had been with Verizon for about 7 years or so and was willing to settle for the BB Storm. I didn't like it as much, but I liked Verizon's coverage, and I figured they'd work with me since I was a long-time customer and would be upgrading to a more expensive plan, and adding my wife to my plan. They said I could buy 2 BB Storms at full retail price, $499 each plus tax.

I don't regret getting the iPhone for even a second.

Hey guys who say their phones can do anything an iPhone can. Can your phones look up a graphical tide chart of pretty much any location North America without having to go search the web? I ask because when I'm out as an inspection diver, it's really awesome to be able to check the tides with a touch of a button.

- NCSU

Old 12-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
That's how I was, except a friend of mine let me play around with theirs for a little while. At that point I had been with Verizon for about 7 years or so and was willing to settle for the BB Storm. I didn't like it as much, but I liked Verizon's coverage, and I figured they'd work with me since I was a long-time customer and would be upgrading to a more expensive plan, and adding my wife to my plan. They said I could buy 2 BB Storms at full retail price, $499 each plus tax.

I don't regret getting the iPhone for even a second.

Hey guys who say their phones can do anything an iPhone can. Can your phones look up a graphical tide chart of pretty much any location North America without having to go search the web? I ask because when I'm out as an inspection diver, it's really awesome to be able to check the tides with a touch of a button.

- NCSU
There are just as many apps for the blackberry, and android, as there are for the Iphone. Any app you can get I can get, I also run Opera for my web browser on my blackberry.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:50 AM
So you can ShralpTide?

- NCSU

Old 12-18-2009, 11:53 AM
That is BS that you can get every app that is in the App Store on the Blackberry or Android. My iPhone doesn't cost me any more than it would if I had a Blackberry or Android phone, the data charge is the same.\

Called up ATT yesterday and asked about moving down to the 550 minute plan and they did it no problem, no my monthly cost is only 149.99 before taxes. Nice!

Old 12-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Called up ATT yesterday and asked about moving down to the 550 minute plan and they did it no problem, no my monthly cost is only 149.99 before taxes. Nice!
Booya. I did the change on-line. They might not offer it in stores or something odd like that. The discount we get takes care of all the taxes. If you work for a decent sized company (mine is only just over 500 people) check and see if they have any kind of corporate discount.

- NCSU

Old 12-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Yeah I saw you could do it online, I figured I would call and see if I could get any other discount since I'm a student and they took 10% for that too.

Quick Reply: did at&t start something they can't finish?