Texas Judge comments on ObamaCare

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Frank S
Something that is not being mentioned by the liberals, (since most of them do not grasp economics) is that this health care bill, if passed, will be highly inflationary. It will even further devalue the dollar, which makes imports even more expensive for Americans over time.

Right now 42 cents of every dollar the government spends is printed and/or borrowed. That number will only increase with this bill.

As someone said earlier, "R.I.P. America."
I find it really hard not to agree with you...so I am.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JBMX928
What is this going to do to the deficit? Or did everyone just forget about that.
It will add to it, no doubt about that.
The amount is not going to equal to total to run the program.
The bulk ( previous was ~ 75% ? ) was to be generated from taxes on current health care plans that individuals get at work. It was a huge chunk of the costs, and what I was posted about, that could hit people that make as little as 40K per year.

Might not sound bad, but if the current pre tax costs of a health plan ( both for the employee and employer ) is now taxable, where is that money going to come from ? The employees' wages. This will not have a wage cut off like Social Security tax has on it now.

This was how it was funded in prior versions, I have not read all of HR3692 yet, or the text of what the Senate had voted to start debates on, let alone what the Senate is going to vote on, to merge with the HR 3692, to become an actual bill to vote on, prior to getting to the President, to know what the funding numbers are going to be, and how low the income is to tax people on.

The numbers floating around mid-09 were ~ $ 800 B is what the tax revenues on heath care premiums could generate today if taxed.
Also, do not recall what this would do with itemized heath care costs on the 1040- Sch A form. Don't know if the 7.5% went away, or if the floor was increased.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tumba
The liberal agenda has gotten so bad even Arkansas is becoming a GOP state, at a faster pace after every term. The GOP headquarters here used to look very barren and desolate. But now, theres activity around them.

Even us hillbillies and swamp rats are getting tired of big Guberment.
Yup and I think Blanche just signed her own pink slip. Good riddance!

Old 11-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is an issue that has to be addressed. When Huckabee was the Governor of Arkansas, he took this issue on, and I think he handled it very well.(Could be because I wouldn't have insurance if he had not taken action). But the Arkansas law requires that insurance be made available to everyone.
My wife worked for a company that transferred her job out of state, and of course I was insured under her insurance. With the physical problems I have, it is impossible to get insurance.
But here in Arkansas, if you are turned down by 3 insurance companies, you can apply for a CHP plan, and can not be turned down. It is very expensive, though not as high as a Cobra policy. But I am covered, and the insurance company pays out less than I would have to pay out of my pocket for the services I receive. All insurance companies have contract allowances for what they pay for a service. If you don't have any insurance, the medical profession can gig you for whatever they want to. That is not fair.
I'm treated as any other patient, and I pay a monthly premium, and the insurance company loses no money on me. The only difference I see is that the Hospital receives less for the treatment they give me.
I think we need to wait until 2112, and get Huckabee in office, before we settle this issue.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:37 PM
...Polls show that 52% of Americans support a public healthcare option and the support for healthcare reform in general is overwhelming.
Sorry, Pal. Rasmussen says otherwise. 47% for reform, 49% against. p.s. Rasmussen is a genuine pollster. MSNBC, CNN, FOX, and the Washington Post are partisan news outlets.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bt1911
Sorry, Pal. Rasmussen says otherwise. 47% for reform, 49% against. p.s. Rasmussen is a genuine pollster. MSNBC, CNN, FOX, and the Washington Post are partisan news outlets.
That is the beautiful thing about numbers & statistics, you can make them say anything you want to.
Guys make a living out of getting the results the people they work for want, by forming the question in terms that would make someone in favor of something vote against it ( or the other way around, if that is the result you want )
Polls only report the results, have yet to see one of them also post the question(s) asked to get those results.
People look at a poll results for support / don't support, and assume the question was "do you support x ?" Bad assumption.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
That is the beautiful thing about numbers & statistics, you can make them say anything you want to.
Guys make a living out of getting the results the people they work for want, by forming the question in terms that would make someone in favor of something vote against it ( or the other way around, if that is the result you want )
Polls only report the results, have yet to see one of them also post the question(s) asked to get those results.
People look at a poll results for support / don't support, and assume the question was "do you support x ?" Bad assumption.
True true.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Everyone just needs to move out of America and go create your own ultra conservative country (borderline anarchy). That way the antics of those evil dems won't be an issue for you guys.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by 4.6 Punisher
Everyone just needs to move out of America and go create your own ultra conservative country (borderline anarchy). That way the antics of those evil dems won't be an issue for you guys.
If everyone moved you would lose your substitute teaching job due to a lack of business! Then with all the conservative working Americans gone who is going to pay your unemployment

Old 11-22-2009, 04:26 PM
This is funny, even though I am not a conservative. If all the conservatives moved out...

They would take all the big industry, big business, energy business, all the major tax payers, guns, military, trucks, churches, ect

You would be left with hippies, big government, welfare leeches, art work, unions, hollywood, and weed?

Old 11-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
People look at a poll results for support / don't support, and assume the question was "do you support x ?" Bad assumption

Liers figure and figures lie. Known that for years, you have to look deeper.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This is funny, even though I am not a conservative. If all the conservatives moved out...

They would take all the big industry, big business, energy business, all the major tax payers, guns, military, trucks, churches, ect

You would be left with hippies, big government, welfare leeches, art work, unions, hollywood, and weed?
lmao, Isn't what Real wanted earlier in this thread?

Old 11-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Super FX4

Yep, because all gun/truck/military enthusiasts, christian folk, are 100% conservative. I guess I don't exist.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:59 PM
You crack me up man ! What does ultra conservatism have to do with anarchy. If the government was not as democratically ruled as it is now then all the democrats could be considered anarchist. Also without conservatism all that America would be is a tax collecting, smart car driving, tree hugging, national healthcare providing, George Bush whacking, "free" thinking, foreign country dependent pile of crap that continues to push its deficit until China decides that they want their money. Then you are looking at all that going even further south, because you can bet they would not hesitate wiping all those "americans" left over off the face of the earth due to the fact that all these billions of dollars they have invested in America not being worth a bag of rice at the general grocery store. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you said that just to stir the pot a little bit. If not, all I can say is that you cant fix stupid.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Yep, because all gun/truck/military enthusiasts, christian folk, are 100% conservative. I guess I don't exist.
The majority not all... you're one of the one's that I can't seem to figure out.

You could go to Europe, they have exactly what you want over there. Just make sure you can give the majority of your earning to the government before you go.

Quick Reply: Texas Judge comments on ObamaCare