Turning 21 and i have to get a new ID?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 01:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scottbigred
It'll be fun for awhile for me, most of my friends aren't 21 yet since i have a fairly early Bday so ill get to go out with all of them on there 21st. Not many people to go out with me on mine though and if i go out at midnight its halloween.... But the time changes at 2 on sunday morning and it goes back an hour. So all the bars that shut down at 2 get to stay open an extra hour if they choose.
I just thought about that. Having your birthday the night of daylight savings is pretty cool. Most people only get to go out for two hours the night/morning of their birthday, but you'll be able to go for an extra hour. More free drinks!!!

Old 10-31-2009, 02:35 AM
Suspended
hell, we dont even serve people @ midnight of their bday.....have to wait til the next day.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:33 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by scottbigred
It'll be fun for awhile for me, most of my friends aren't 21 yet since i have a fairly early Bday so ill get to go out with all of them on there 21st. Not many people to go out with me on mine though and if i go out at midnight its halloween.... But the time changes at 2 on sunday morning and it goes back an hour. So all the bars that shut down at 2 get to stay open an extra hour if they choose.

When I turned 21 I went all over the place with my old ID. Bars in Chicago it didn't matter but when we got back around here the local places were giving me a hard time. It's best just to get the new ID if you are going to be going out alot. Where are you at in IL???

Old 10-31-2009, 09:56 AM
in illinois, they give you 3 months to get a new license after you turn 21 before it expires. i used my old one on my birthday w/o a problem. the only issue i had w/ some places is that it was broken in half from it being in my wallet and a couple places wouldnt even look at it b/c it was broken.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Ftruck05
When I turned 21 I went all over the place with my old ID. Bars in Chicago it didn't matter but when we got back around here the local places were giving me a hard time. It's best just to get the new ID if you are going to be going out alot. Where are you at in IL???
Im from around the Kankakee area. I'll probably get a new one sooner than later but i couldnt see why they would refuse it when the state doesn't even require you to get a new one until three months after you turn 21.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I turned 21 today myself. My license expires on my 21st birthday. Just went in yesterday to have it renewed, which I sat in the line for 2 freaking hours!!!....I should get my card in about 3 weeks and until then I have to carry the paper work that says I renewed it with me, they also "clipped" the corner of the card...what ever that means, btw I am in MN.

I don't think any liquor store should give you any grief about it but if they do, I would do what kansasflareside said.

Last edited by blackjack8900; 10-31-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Enjoy your birthday! I doubt you'll have much trouble with your ID.

Still running on the rails?

- NCSU

Old 10-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Enjoy your birthday! I doubt you'll have much trouble with your ID.

Still running on the rails?

- NCSU
Got furloughed in may. Things are picking up on the rails along with the economy though. They aren't moving empty box cars around i can tell ya that much. Im lookin to be back within a couple months hopefully. We've got division wide seniority and our division is like 4 states wide and theres about 5 guys from out of town at my home terminal. So if they leave i can go back to work.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by McLovin
I'm from illinois and a friend of mine who turned 21 in Sep. still uses his old horizontal license, hasn't renewed yet. I don't think the people that sell liquor know much of a difference between one of the old horizontal under 21 licenses and a horizontal 21+ license. Happy birthday though!
only difference is that it wont have the under 21 or under 18 until this date on it anymore.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:05 PM
It's true, here in Illinois they aren't suppose to accept your old ID, you're suppose to have the new ID to buy liquor.

I don't personally drink but have lots of experience buying the crap thanks to my drunk parents

Old 10-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Penguin86
It's true, here in Illinois they aren't suppose to accept your old ID, you're suppose to have the new ID to buy liquor.

I don't personally drink but have lots of experience buying the crap thanks to my drunk parents
Im not doubting you, but if that were the case why wouldnt your id expire on your birthday. not three months later.

How else are you supposed to go out on your birthday then?

Old 10-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm using a vertical license. It expires in 2012. No one has given me issues about it, so I figure I can save $25 dollars for a while. It's weird being 21, but using a picture I took when I was 17. My signature isn't even the same. I'll probably get a new license eventually, just have been too busy. I just have to get it renewed by my 24th birthday. I got time.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I am 23 going on 24 in December... I don't why they don't have the legal age limit for drinking brought down to 18!

Yet, you can go buy a pack of smokes that might do more damage than a beer at the local gas station.

Besides, most countries, have the legal limit set to 18.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
I am 23 going on 24 in December... I don't why they don't have the legal age limit for drinking brought down to 18!

Yet, you can go buy a pack of smokes that might do more damage than a beer at the local gas station.

Besides, most countries, have the legal limit set to 18.
There would have to be major major limitations put into that. Do you realize how many parents would be attending there childs funeral if all the sudden the drinking age dropped to 18?

Old 10-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by RileyDog
hell, we dont even serve people @ midnight of their bday.....have to wait til the next day.
Do you own your own bar? And what are your reasons behind that?

Quick Reply: Turning 21 and i have to get a new ID?