unfortunately, divorce is imminent

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unfortunately, divorce is imminent

OK guys, long story, but it seem inevitable that divorce is in my future. What questions should I be asking a lawyer? I want what is best for my kids. I am the only financial contributor to the family unit. My boys are ages 6 and 8. This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. Long story short, she doesn't trust me and I have a difficult time talking with her. I have been verbally abused by her for years, and we haven't been much more than room-mates for a long time. Just looking for what my steps are. I've been to counseling, she has not. She won't listen to my side of the problem. She has already painted me in a corner as a liar and a cheater. What I will admit to is that I have been talking with someone who makes me happy. I have not physically cheated with her, but have felt happier in the other's company than I have felt in a long time. I know that is wrong, but i can't take being unhappy at home anymore. Please help!!!

Old 09-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Well a truck forum is really not the place to get GOOD advice for a divorce. Get a lawyer NOW. If you need to personally ask questions or vent you might need a good confidant or friend and not an acquaintance. So sorry for you.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:56 PM
The best advice I can give you is to retain a family law attorney right now. If they are any good, they will have all the answers and will already know what questions you have to ask. With children involved, this is not something to delay on.

I'm sorry for your situation and hope that all works out in the best interest of all involved.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Ford#1
````````

Old 09-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Man all I can say is, bear with it and drive on. Continue to be the best father you can because kids to get older and they will learn hey dad is a good guy and prob wanna live with you or something. I been through divorce my whole life actually a few times once with my parents then once again with both parents and other ppl.

I will tell you this tho man if you have someone your talking to who makes you happy, continue just don't wrap yourself up in something to get legally pounced on. I just yesterday found out a friend, co-worker hung him self over a impending divorce and the loss of his friends. It was out of place and really strange man, like getting a stapler right to the side of the head.

Divorce is dirty, just remember to be a good father and it will work out. Probley the best thing that could happen to everyone the kids will see that later.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Good luck its gonna cost you either way...

Last edited by Bluejay; 09-08-2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language
Old 09-08-2009, 06:53 PM
My advice is find a good lawyer like everyone else is saying. Don't just hire the first guy you meet with, find a lawyer that you get along with and has your and your kids best interest first. Too many good lawyers are "win at all costs" types. Which can be good in the short term but in my experience those victories are too often short lived and you end up paying more in legal fees later.

Trending Topics

Old 09-08-2009, 09:41 PM
My advice, get the kids if you can. I got my by blessing (she was old enough to decide and figured out that the ex was the whacked out one. It's been hard, but worth it.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by fordmaster
Well a truck forum is really not the place to get GOOD advice for a divorce.
Nonsense! lol
As said, find a good lawyer and speak with them, that's your best bet.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been through several divorces.. one with kids. I got taken for a ride on that one. Always stay on the offensive. Be first to get a lawyer. Research the laws in NE. Research,research and research. I can't stress it enough. The woman almost always has the upper hand in custody. Unless you can PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that she is incompetent. And even that is not gauranteed. DO NOT LET HER FIND OUT ABOUT YOUR "FRIEND"! Acusations will fly. And you will look bad. The courts are "looking out for the kids best interest" yeah right. That is a catch all that protects the courts. Not you. There are father groups that have access to good lawyers. Use them. Your in for a hell of a decade. You will pay dearly. Just don't give her an excuse to claim any wrong doing by you. I have seen my kids 2 or 3 times since 1992 because of false aligations. Watch your back. Nice guys finnish last. Good luck dude

Old 09-08-2009, 11:07 PM
I'd start with a background check on the prize. I've seen some guys get more than they bargained for!

Especially the guy that got my X

Old 09-09-2009, 02:17 AM
Unless shes done something really whacked out, she has the upper hand, women always do. The one thing I do see that you have working for you is that you tried marriage counseling when she wouldn't. That tells me and a judge that you were making an effort. Good luck and take what the judge rules with a grain of salt because there's always tomoro.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:44 AM
whatever happens, remember that this is literally going to change your kids lives. they will never be the same, so you need to definately keep them in mind and do everything you can to make things the easiest and the best for them.

from my experience men get bent over in divorces. and like said never ever let your current wife or her lawyer know about ANYONE you are talking to because that will automatically label you as the "bad guy".

get a good lawyer.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Hey, I think that James Martin Davis is available jump n...

all jokes aside, this sucks man. I have no good advice here.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

keep her, and the friend on the side

Quick Reply: unfortunately, divorce is imminent