Click it Or Ticket, YaY!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 12:43 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The click it or ticket isnt real big in my town. I almost always have the seat belt on. Unless im wearing a startched shirt and dont want it to mess it up while im headed to the place.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by phatbak
Trucks are considered a "farm vehicle" so seatbelts are not required in GA. But it's just been a habit for so long, I wear mine all the time.
I've heard that, really would like to see it in writing somewhere though. My luck is I'll get pulled over someday and the cop won't believe me for some reason.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:29 AM
you deserve a ticket if you arent going to wear a seat belt

Old 05-27-2009, 03:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never unbuckled a dead man.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:40 AM
I always wear my seatbelt.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Need4racin
Here in georgia you have to be jumping on the roof, drinking a beer, shooting people while driving down the road to get pulled over.
Or a minority, but that's a story for later . But seriously, they don't give a damn about seat belts in GA.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Here down yonder In Nebraska its kind of looked over. Their too busy chasing speeders down I-80 and Alcoholics roamin' the streets. But those are really more of a threat to the public than one person without a seat belt

Old 05-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyv13
Follow the laws, it's not all that hard.
Whats not hard at all, is understanding my friggin right to not wear my seat belt, and get tossed out of my truck if i get in an accident

Old 05-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by MmmBuckles
you deserve a ticket if you arent going to wear a seat belt
Im not putting anyone else at danger by not wearing my seatbelt but me, so it should damn sure be my right. If I don't want to wear it I won't, If I get a ticket I will pay it and go on with my life.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by NoLongerJeepin
I've never unbuckled a dead man.
I know of about 3 different cases where if they had been wearing a seatbelt it would have killed them. One was my father, luckely when the semi hit him it throught him into the back seat because it also rammed the steering column into the seat hard enough that it would have gone through his chest.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:35 AM
It's the law, plain and simple. The fine should be the least of your worries...that's fine if you want to take a chance if someone pulls out in front of you and you plow into them. I'm sure you are strong enough to hold the steering wheel to prevent yourself from flying through the windshield.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by jimmyv13
It's the law, plain and simple. The fine should be the least of your worries...that's fine if you want to take a chance if someone pulls out in front of you and you plow into them. I'm sure you are strong enough to hold the steering wheel to prevent yourself from flying through the windshield.
Thats my decision not anyone elses, if I want to take that chance I will.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:58 AM

Thats my cousin's old car. He and his fiance got hit head on by a Cop Crown Vic while my cousin was waiting at a stop sign totally within his rights. The cracks on the windshield are from their heads. The seatbelts they were wearing saved them from going through completely. The driverside headlight got pushed all the way to the firewall. That Civic's seatbelts potentially saved their lives. Everyone involved made it out safely. Cars can be replaced, people cannot.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by birddog_61
Thats my decision not anyone elses, if I want to take that chance I will.
I'm sure the State of Texas won't mind taking your money when you get caught.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too think it should be the decision of the person if they wear a seat belt or not. I just see the click it or ticket as an example of a money maker for the government. They start up the program around here a time or 2 a year. The excuse is for your protection....if that was really the case why is there several months out of the year we don't deserve to be protected? It is just another way that I think the government is being too much of big brother. Seems like everyone thinks the government needs to protect us from ourselves and I’m tired of it. People need to take responsibility for their actions and quit wanting the government to be our baby sitters.

The funny thing around here it is illegal to drive a car/truck without a seat belt but when riding a motorcycle a helmet is not required…..give me a break. They have tried to pass a helmet law in the past but biking community creates a large enough stir that it never passes.

Btw I grew up never wearing a seatbelt but for the last several years I always wear it…..it has just become a habit for me before the government told me I had too.

Ok I’m off my soap box now.

Quick Reply: Click it Or Ticket, YaY!