Newest Tundra Frame Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know, I'm just bustin you *****, any time there's yoda hatin', I'm in. Bout time the be all and end all car maker is knocked down a few pegs.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:29 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Toyota should just do what they are good at - build reliable economical cars and small trucks - and do what Nissan is getting ready to do - outsource large trucks to a domestic.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:17 AM
This just in from Tundra Headquarters...

Toyota Service Bulletins
# Posted by Greg on April 7, 2009 at 9:18pm in 07+ Tundra

"I have a 2007 Tundra and it has issues. Does anyone know where to find the TSB's for the 2007 model year? My latest issue is while driving, the transmission will slip, making a horrible "clunk" noise. The serpentine belt is cracked with only 17k miles. I only get about 14mpg---and I drive it very easy. I just want the dealership to take all TSB's and check out my truck. So far I have had both bumpers replaced, transfer case replaced along with the front left axle. I love the look and drive of this truck, but am greatly disappointed in toyota quality. Are they having the same problems with the Sequoia? If anyone can help it would be appreciated."

----

Both bumpers and the left front axle. Wow. If anyone can help it would be appreciated? lol. Yeah, buy a Ford.

Last edited by Rambo; 04-20-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rambo
This just in from Tundra Headquarters...

Toyota Service Bulletins
# Posted by Greg on April 7, 2009 at 9:18pm in 07+ Tundra

"I have a 2007 Tundra and it has issues. Does anyone know where to find the TSB's for the 2007 model year? My latest issue is while driving, the transmission will slip, making a horrible "clunk" noise. The serpentine belt is cracked with only 17k miles. I only get about 14mpg---and I drive it very easy. I just want the dealership to take all TSB's and check out my truck. So far I have had both bumpers replaced, transfer case replaced along with the front left axle. I love the look and drive of this truck, but am greatly disappointed in toyota quality. Are they having the same problems with the Sequoia? If anyone can help it would be appreciated."

----

Both bumpers and the left front axle. Wow. If anyone can help it would be appreciated? lol. Yeah, buy a Ford.
He will be banned as a troll for saying anything bad about the toy turd...

Old 05-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Found this story on the rusting Toyo frames. Looks darn nasty.

http://jalopnik.com/5232946/toyota-t...-rusted-frames

Old 05-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow! thank god i didn't went with a toyota , never knew that these tundras are that tough!

and yeah , i think toyota can only build little economical v4 cars , heck our little 08 yaris starting showing some clutch problems!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I can't believe how gunky these new cars are... here I thought Ford was junk a couple years ago, but Ford has hit top-notch quality again compared to some of the junkers rolling around.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
I can't believe how gunky these new cars are... here I thought Ford was junk a couple years ago, but Ford has hit top-notch quality again compared to some of the junkers rolling around.
Ford has made major improvements especially with there cars. I absolutley love the direction they are going in. My lady owns 08 Focus and my mother owns a 08 Fusion and there both great quality cars

Old 05-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by JBMX928
Wait, if we don't have a Ford truck in the family anymore, we're not allowed here? Damn!
Originally Posted by Tbird69
What's going on is the Toyo "tripleflex" frames twist so much that they're breaking apart. Much like when you take a piece of metal and bend it back and forth, eventually it breaks. How does Toyo really expect their "trucks" to last when they twist and move so severely over the slightest bumps? Like almost everything else Toyota builds these days they're only designed to last as long as the lease.

Damn straight!! What is it you drive again?
The F150 is the only truck I'd rather own then a lifted 4 door titan. Those trucks look mean as hell, they are fast, and hold up suprisingly well off road. Two of my buddies have them and love them.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Someone sent this to me some time ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_XAk2mE

Here is another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjTbiYo3x0&feature=user

My wife works for a Toyota dealership and she brought one home to be in a 4th of July parade a couple of years ago and I drove it and told her it was real nice.....For a car with a pickup bed on it. I come real close buying one for the company as a service vehicle until i saw these clips.

Quick Reply: Newest Tundra Frame Issue