Northern Hemisphere, lets pull in together to predict...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2000, 01:31 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Ummm...lets see,
I'm predicting a sharp increase of Piston Slap posts, coupled with decline of "What's That Funky Smell Coming From My AC". A strong frontal system of "Grrr...Door Cracks" with a mixture of 2 or 3 "What's A Door Crack and Where Is It".

By January we'll have a record setting amount of "Gas Mileage" posts with a 2 foot accumulation.

I also predict at least two more oil surveys, so be prepared. Better to have your slickers and not need them, than do and don't.

------------------
1999 F-150 Lariat 4x2
Reg cab Short box Styleside
5.4L 3.55LS
Dark Toreador Red/Gold
VentShades
Tow Pkg
Line-X
Stickers to make it go fast

Future mods:
More Stickers

Old 09-12-2000, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Good idea for a post Eph1fifty-
I have to go with you on harsh winter..but then agian anything will be harsher than what we have been having in Minnesota...I just want alot of snow, and cold, so that I can get out and do a little snowmobiling, and ice fishing...(God's country, where you can walk on water 3 to 4 months a year...I want to see the southern part of the US try that one!!!)

Old 09-13-2000, 12:37 AM
Cool Northern Hemisphere, lets pull in together to predict...

Wouldn't it be cool if we could try and predict what type of winter we will get! And by this winter we reread this thread and see who was right or wrong?

Let me see:
I say a harsh winter this year, with lots of snow, then on some weeks we get warmer air and then some of us will get ice storms (big *** ones). After that more snow and some really really cold days. You know the ones where only Fords may start

[This message has been edited by eph1fifty (edited 09-12-2000).]

Old 09-13-2000, 12:40 AM
btr
I'm thinking a very mild winter. It will be like last year. Whatever snow does come, melts a week or so later.

Old 09-13-2000, 04:38 AM
I also predict a harsh winter. It has been a very mild summer here. I hope for lots of snow to where only a Ford can get out and play.

------------------
97 F-150 S/C 4x4 ORP XLT 4.6 K&N , Flowmaster w/dual tailpipes, Bosch+4 plugs,Ford 9mm wires,Superchip.Patriot fiberglass toneau cover, Westin chrome step bars. Rear seat lift 4".
Kenwood 4011 stereo, USAcoustics 2150 amp, Profile electronic 3 way crossover, 2 10" IDQ DVC's, and Polk Dx7 5x7/6x8 3 ways in the front doors.

FUTURE PERFORMANCE MODS:
4.10 gears, Edlebrock shocks, Magnacharger, Airaid, and slotted rotors.

OTHER FUTURE MODS:
Ram Air hood w/functional ram air, suspension lift, 17" polished wheels, 35" tires, and sunroof.

Old 09-13-2000, 02:30 PM
Cool

eph1fifty,

"After that more snow and some really really cold days. You know the ones where only Fords may start"

That is, if you still have your truck.
If winter is going to be really cold,we have a major problem.
They are already predicting now that oilprices will reach 40 US$ a barrel by December.

Stocks in the US are very low.
Hope not, we are facing a new oilcrisis.

Old 09-13-2000, 07:27 PM
MNFORD99

Nothing personal but I'd rather float on water than walk on water anytime. Here in SC we might see a week or two of 32degree weather but soon the bugs will be flying again. Y'all northerners be sure and take lots of pic.'s of the white wonderland and I post my year round green grass!

If you see santa at the mall, please tell him my kids have been good this year pause in typing-(damn it kids go to bed). Forget that last request, tell santa I have been good instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith

------------------
2000 Lariat 4x4 Supercab
Black Clearcoat
Flowmaster 50 series SUV using original tailpipe
K&N Filter
CamLocker Aluminum Toolbox
Tinted Windows
Vent Visors

A.R.E. 'Z' series bed cap

1999 HD Softtail Custom
Cobalt Blue
Lowered and Chromed to max.

1995 Long Haired Chihuahua (Best security system on the market)

Check it out at:
http://www.harleyrider.webprovider.com/index.htm

Old 09-14-2000, 05:25 AM
Rest In Peace
Location: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
I think Alaska will see an early and light snow fall, say, Sept. 30. Many auto accidents. It won't snow regularly until Oct. 20, around 4pm.

My time travelling friend says we are due in for a blizzard around March 10, 2001.

He says Hal isn't around, and no one is going to the Moon though.

Yeah, its getting late.

Whos gonna bring this to the top?

------------------
99 Black Lightning
factory tonneau cover, 100k mile warrantee, bed/under liner,

1/4
2.145 60' 8.789@82.71 (1/8) 13.603@101.05 1/4 same run
straight pipes, 'Major' rear lights, no chip
Lightning!

Old 09-14-2000, 07:34 AM
Cool

Well here on Floridas West Coast I am predicting temps as low as 40 degrees and possibly one or two nights below 40, maybe one freeze. I should only have to mow the lawn once every two weeks. The pool heater will be nice for a Christmas Day swim. The worst storm we get down here are from snowbirds. I hate snowbirds! Drive slow, pointing at everything, clogging all of the restaurants, stinking up public restrooms, bitching about prices, and backing in to parked cars. I hate 'em!

Top ten favorite snowbird quotes:
1 "It doesn't cost that much back in Calamazoo, MI."
2 "Why are all of the young whippersnappers down here in such a damn hurry"
3 "If it weren't for snowbirds coming down here in winter, Florida would just become a lifeless chunk of land and eventually fall off in to the Atlantic Ocean, gone forever"
4 "If it weren't for me young man, you would not have a job"
5 "We don't drive like that back in Calamazoo"
6 "Do you offer a senior discount?"
7 "The tomatos down here are terrible, the ones back in Calamazoo are much better"
8 "Can you tell me how to get to ______?"
9 "What is with all of the bugs down here?"
10 "Where is a good place to get shells to take back to the grandkids?"

I have heard all of these, and responded as follows:
1 "really? that's amazing!
2 "it's not that they are in a hurry, it's that you are in the way"
3 "oh really, tell that to the 10 million normal people that live in the Tampa Bay area year round and are not here to bastardize the entire state, avoid arthritis flare-ups and evade state income taxes, like yourself"
4 "no if it weren't for you, I could get in to a restaurant and drive without a seatbelt"
5 "yeah, I figured the speed limit in Calamazoo must be 25MPH"
6 "of course we offer a senior discount, 1%"
7 "while you weren't looking, someone must have pissed on it"
8 "yeah, get on I-75 north and go about 1200 miles, that'll put you about where you need to be"
9 "they arent' bugs, they are birds, snowbirds, we ususally get an infestation from the end of Oct. til the end of May"
10 "the beach, dumba$$, where they belong, not in Calamazoo"

Ok, I am done now. NO offense to any normal folks in Calamazoo, just snowbirds. I have actually met some snowbirds that come down, stay out of the way and enjoy the weather. They respect our lives and everybody gets along. Unfortunately, 90% of snowbirds think Florida is reserved for them and we deserve to serve them cause they are old. Florida is beautiful all year round but snowbirds ruin it for everybody in winter. I predict it will happen again this winter.

Old 09-14-2000, 01:32 PM
Cool

Harleyrider-
Will do so about those pics of the snow, and us "Northerns" walking on water...lol
Maybe I will tell Santa about you being good, maybe I won't....What is in it for me?????????????????????

Old 09-14-2000, 02:02 PM
well i think here in wis. we're in for tons of snow. and colder temps then we've had in the last couple winters which is great for deer hunting sledding with the son and of course snow bogging in the ford.
last year was pathetic not even one really good bogging day. of course my boss has already informed me that staying home from work due to snow will not work for me. rats.

hey seacrow: i'll be one of them 'birds this year at xmas time. you'll know it's me because i'm the one flying past the other 'birds. (even fla can't slow me down) gotta take my boy down to see grandpa in naples. no better time to visit the beach then winter. used to live in tampa so i know exactly what you mean although i hate being called that now.

Old 09-14-2000, 02:07 PM
Question

MNFORD99,
If you talk to Santa for me I'll send you some good ole southern 'stank ***' clay swamp mud for you to rub on the bottom of your snow ski's. That and some NC ice-snow and your sure to win the gold medal at the next winter olympics downhill speed course!

Old 09-14-2000, 09:20 PM
Really Old "Member"
Seacrow:

For the first time in my life, I went to a major league ball game. Took most of my staff.

Braves: 5

Tampa: 3

If you think gas is expensive, at "Turner Field". we purchased two chili dogs, two orders of french fries and two cokes.

Total cost was $32.00 plus 8% tax.

The parking was only $10.00.

At least the Braves won, and our favorite "Mr. Nice Guy" Rocker got the save.

Old 09-15-2000, 09:34 AM
Cool

Harleyrider-
I don't ski, so the good ole "stank a&&" mud won't work for skiing....but however for mudding that would be great..either with the truck or the fourwheeler....now that would be great fun.
Also about that NC ice-snow, maybe for snow-cross, but not downhill speed course!!!

Old 09-25-2000, 05:48 PM
È È
o
-----

Quick Reply: Northern Hemisphere, lets pull in together to predict...