Hood Damage.. (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=JNC995;3677501]I dated a girl once who used to sing that Carrie Underwood song all the time. We ended on bad terms, and I am still nervous to this day about my truck getting messed with.
QUOTE]

if a girl ever did that to my truck....regaurdless of what i did to her death would happen. she would disapeer and i would too

Old 04-11-2009, 07:48 PM
im taking collision and u wouldnt need to body fill that. just get a body hammer and a dolly and hit it out. then hit it with some dupli color paint. you may have to use some polyster glazing putty tho. it would be a easy fix

Old 04-12-2009, 04:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by monoxide
im taking collision and u wouldnt need to body fill that. just get a body hammer and a dolly and hit it out. then hit it with some dupli color paint. you may have to use some polyster glazing putty tho. it would be a easy fix
You do realize that's aluminum, right? It's a whole different animal than steel. You can't shrink it like you can steel. i spent over 30 years in body work. I've worked aluminum, welded it and replaced aluminum panels (welded) and it definitely isn't like working steel. Tell us again when you have a few years of working body under your belt.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:25 AM
Originally Posted by code58
You do realize that's aluminum, right? It's a whole different animal than steel. You can't shrink it like you can steel. i spent over 30 years in body work. I've worked aluminum, welded it and replaced aluminum panels (welded) and it definitely isn't like working steel. Tell us again when you have a few years of working body under your belt.

u didnt have to sound like a **** you could have just said that it cant be fixed like steel. i am still in school trying to learn this ****. i just said wat i have learned sry it wasnt right.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:39 PM
yeah seems someone was just jealous of that sweet truck u got. sorry to hear about it though man

Old 04-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Z,

I don't know squat about body work but the damage doesn't look too bad in the photo.

I've got a guy here I've always used (local body shop) and something like that would be about $300 cash.
Keep in mind, estimates can vary all over the map for vairious collission centers. If it's going through the books, a $300 job can balloon to $1,200.

You could go visit a few places, get a quote, and if the guy seems like a good chit, ask about the option of a cash deal.
You might surprise yourself and get a really good deal.

This way you can leave the insurance company (dirty rat bastards) right out of the picture.

Unless of course you can spend the 1k and get the Cervini which would look sweet on your truck.

Anyhoo, sorry that happened to you man, good luck.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:24 PM
hey there
I am a newbie here and just happened upon your post. First off let me commiserate with you as i am kind of **** about my truck. Yes my truck is 6 years old and i bought it used and to some it may be a POS..This morning ( easter) i go out to my truck which is parked on the street and i find someone scratch sideswiped my whole left bedside . I am so sick of people and the pieces of garbage who do this kind of thing. I live in Park Slope Brooklyn NY.. h omes here go for over 1.5 million dollars and yet we have all kinds of human garbage who have no respect for other peoples property and find it necessary to destroy vehicles parked here. I literally have spent thousands of dollars on body repairs from hit and runs.. one recently cost me $1400 when they got the door , mirror and fender when a truck struck me while parked..
i only live here because my parents refuse to move and they are disabled and elderly so i am trying to allow them to live out their remaining days in the home they love. I babysit them..and at 83 i dont expect they have a long time left.. I do escape to my own home in upstate NY as often as i can tho... anyway rant off for me and food luck with your truck OP

Old 04-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by monoxide
u didnt have to sound like a **** you could have just said that it cant be fixed like steel. i am still in school trying to learn this ****. i just said wat i have learned sry it wasnt right.

aluminum is a funny thing. very odd to work.

Quick Reply: Hood Damage.. (pics)