simple question...............

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2000, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the '99, if you hit the remote lock button once, the doors will lock. If you hit the lock button twice, the horn will toot once and the lights will blink so fast, you barely notice it in broad daylight.

When you unlock the doors with the remote, the interior and cargo lights will go on. Click it once and only the driver's door will unlock. Hit the button twice, and both doors will unlock.

Old 10-30-2000, 02:47 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
So, you get a chirp and flash if you double pump the lock buuton but, on the unlock you get no indication. If you approach the truck from the front or have a shell you can't see the cargo light come on and in the daytime you can't really see the interior lights come on.

I wasn't sure how these remotes actually worked and I was always 'pointing' the remote at the truck like a flashlight. One day I accidently hit the unlock button leaving work before I exited the building which is brick. When I got outside my door was unlocked.

I don't point it at the truck anymore.

------------------
1999 F-150 Lariat 4x2
Reg cab Short box Styleside
5.4L 3.55LS
Dark Toreador Red/Gold
VentShades
Tow Pkg
Line-X
Stickers to make it go fast

Future mods:
More Stickers

Old 10-30-2000, 03:43 PM
Cool

Better yet, when the "panic" button gets hit when you sit down and it hits one of your keys on the ring....That sucks, but sure gets looks!!!!!

------------------
1999 F-150 4x4 Offroad, SuperCab, Prairie Harvest Gold, 5.4L Triton w/ K&N Air Filter, Lund Interceptor Bug Guard, Lund Headlight Covers, Lund Screenfront Grill Insert, Vent Visors, Smittybilt Outland Sport Bumper Gaurd w/ Hella 500 & 550 Driving lights, Access Roll-up Cover, Bedliner, Ford Reciever Hitch Cover, Taillight Covers, Bridgestone Dueler AT's

Future Mods: (No more, because of case pending with Ford for a buy back.. Now it is a lost cause with Ford
Link to Pictures:
zing.com

Old 10-30-2000, 04:14 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Don't get me started on the PANIC button. My wife has one on her Windstar. She is always hitting by accident and that is when she really panics. She proceeds to double pump the button, stopping the racket then starting it again. From inside the house I can almost hear the horn doing some kind of Morse Code. She finally gives up and just jumps in and starts the van to make it stop.

OK, I admit sometimes I WAS using my own remote from behind the curtain but, it's a husbands duty to drive the wife crazy.

Isn't it?

Old 10-30-2000, 04:18 PM
Yeah Raoul that it is....the panic alarm works good though for those times when you have had a few too many to drink and you have to find your truck so that you can crash in the bed that never needs to be made.

Well, when I hit the unlock button one time, it unlocks only the driver side door, but no lights go on in the cab. If I hit the unlock button twice, then both sides unlock, and the interior lights and the cargo light go on.
When I hit the lock button once, it just locks the doors, but no honk or lights (headlight, foglight, taillight) flash. If I hit the lock button twice, then it locks both doors, and honks, and flashes the lights. Hope this helps out!!!

[This message has been edited by MNFORD99 (edited 10-30-2000).]

Old 10-30-2000, 04:25 PM
It apparently varies on what can happen. When I lock my truck with the key fob, it honks the horn once. When I unlock with the fob, it honks twice and turns on the interior lights. It does not flash the lights at all.

------------------
1999 Lariat SuperCab Flareside, Amazon Green with Silver trim, 5.4L, 4x2, 4 wheel disc/ABS, 3.55 limited slip, towing package, fog lamps, sliding rear window, captains chairs, keyless entry with alarm, spray-on bed liner, bug guard, and K&N. http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~bfriesen/truck.html

Old 10-30-2000, 06:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same thing here Raoul...my wife finally caught on after a few times!!

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, Superchip, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55 rear, class III towing package with super engine cooling/Auxilary transmission cooling HD package, Heavy duty shocks, 4 wheel disk ABS, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, factory leather wrapped steering wheel, FORD bedliner, FORD black tubular cab steps, K&N air filter, mar-hyde rubberized undercoating, Modine climate filtration system, Bugflector II, Mobil 1 oil, build 7/2000

Old 10-31-2000, 12:46 AM
Question simple question...............

The keyless entry. Do the headlights or horn engage when you "lock" the doors or open them. My wifes '99 Yukon will chirp the horn to let you know it's locked. But when you are walking towards the truck, it does not signal you that it has unlocked. I hate that. When you think you've got it unlocked, you're trying already to open the door usually with something in your hands.

Old 10-31-2000, 12:57 AM
Talking

If you have the remote keless entry the horn will chirp and headlights flash when you lock it with the remote, if the horn chirps twice, there is a door that is not fully closed. When walking towards it and unlocking the interior lights will come on, I think you have to unlock it twice for that to happen, not sure, also the cargo light will come on.

------------------
2000 F-150, XLT, SPORT 4X4, BRIGHT RED/DARK GRAPHITE, SUPER CAB,
SHORT BED, 5.4L, AUTO, 3:55LS, TOW PACKAGE, HD COOLING/ELECT, SKID PLATES
SPORT CLOTH SIX WAY POWER CAPTAIN'S CHAIRS, CONSOLE, SINGLE CD,
CRUISE,ESOF,REMOTE KEYLESS, FORD SNAPLESS TONNEAU COVER, FORD BEDLINER,
FORD MOLDED SPLASH GUARDS, FORD BODY COLOR CABSTEPS,
MODS: CATCH ALL FRONT MATS, LUND DEFLECTOR, FORD VENT SHADES,
GIBSON SWEPTSIDE CATBACK,
K&N GENII FIPK,
FORD HITCH COVER

NEXT: SUPERCHIP!!

Old 10-31-2000, 09:00 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks Guys. I appreciate the replies!!

Quick Reply: simple question...............