RED Y2K SPORT ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2000, 11:22 AM
JDF
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question RED Y2K SPORT ???

Hi, noticed in your sig. that you have the FORD snapless tonneau.
If youv'e had experience with others, how does the FORD compare?
Is the frame plain aluminum or by chance black?
THANKS

------------------
2001 F150 SC SPORT 4X4 FLARESIDE
* Black
* 4.6 240 H.P.
* awesome factory 10 spoke wheels
* "MAN"ual shift 4x4
* 3.55 Limited slip
* Captains chairs W/console
* Factory tube steps
* Slider

Old 10-18-2000, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only other cover I have had was on a 68 El Camino (wish I still had that truck!!) and it had the traditional snaps, really hard to put on, it would shrink up some as sooon as I took it off!!. The Ford one is great, ordered from the factory when I ordered the truck. Mine was an Oct 99 build and the one that came with it never fit down flat in the left rear corner, dealer said that had been a problem and orderd a new one (a redesign) got that one and it fits perfectly. I have never had a problem with it no matter what the temp or how long I have had it off. Less than 5 minutes to put the bows back in and put the cover on, no strain pain or fuss. I would get another. Yes the rails are black and probably aluminum. Ford shows them in the F-150 Truck Accessories Catalog, so you can get one through your parts department. Don't remember the price, but it was dirt cheap when I orderd with the truck, I think Invoice on it was about $110-$120, somewhere in there. A friend of mine has an after market snapless on his 2000 Super Duty it is different material than the Ford, and if he has it off for a while it shrinks up some and he has to work to get it on. The one I have has a "FORD" label underneath at the back end. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: RED Y2K SPORT ???