Anybody game?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2000, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anybody game?

Okay - I have just checked & I learned that the geographical center of the US is Lebanon, Kansas. It's roughly 150 miles from Topeka.
I for 1 have never been to Kansas & was thinking that it would be a great place to meet! It is the fairest place as far as being smack dab in the center of the country & it shouldn't be too far for alot of us!
Now if that isn't a good place then I am getting info on an upcoming car/truck show this March in Buffalo, NY @ our convention Center. Of course this would be convenient for me so that's why I was looking for a place where it wouldn't favor me over everyone else.
At any rate, I would LOVE to meet all the great people here & see your trucks! Is there anyone else who would enjoy this too?
If we agree & start planning from now I predict we could have an awesome turnout! Just close your eyes for a second & picture it - blue ovals as far as the eye can see! And I'm not talking about a Ford dealership either! LOL!
Please think it over & let me know if anyone else wants to get together. Then you can show me all the things you've been so patiently trying to explain to me!

------------------
If you can't beat 'em, you're NOT driving a FORD!

'97 F150 XLT ORP 4X4
4.6L/auto/power EVERYTHING,
nerf bars, 17" wheels, fog lights, trailer hitch w/electrical connector, front tow hooks, bed rail caps,
6 CD changer, lumbar support & 3 cow license plates - so far!
I'll fill in the rest as I get to know the truck better BUT it's big, it's pretty & best of all - IT'S A FORD! He's SO cute!

Old 10-11-2000, 11:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd go. But, you might want to pick someplace with some other "attractions". KC isn't that far off center.

Neal

------------------
1997 4x4 Expedition- 4.6L, true dual exhaust w/glass-packs, K&N air filter, SuperChip, airbox mods, Edelbrock shocks, 285/75R16 BFG ATs, 2000 "XLT" wheels, 4.10 gears, Auburn LS, Clarion In-dash CD player, Smitty Bilt push bars and nerf bars.

2000 4x4 F250 SD XLT SuperCab SWB- 6.8L, Offroad Pkg, Camper Pkg, 4.30LS, Tape & CD player, Remote Keyless Entry, Sliding back glass, tinted windows, 265/75R16 OWL tires.

NoMo's site

Old 10-12-2000, 08:32 AM
Thumbs up

Ok - KC sounds good! Anubody else want to go? I think we can have a great time & even use this opportunity to swap/trade/sell any parts we have collected. It could be so much fun & we can finally meet & see our trucks up close! I hope lots of you agree or nomo & I will be the only 2 blue ovals there! LOL! Hey Nomo - think your wife will bring the Expedition so we have at least 3 Fords at our rally?

------------------

'97 F150 XLT ORP 4X4
nerf bars, 17" wheels, fog lights, trailer hitch w/electrical connector, front tow hooks, bed rail caps,
I'll fill in the rest as I get to know the truck better BUT it's big, it's pretty & best of all - IT'S A FORD! He's SO cute!

Old 10-12-2000, 09:29 AM
Actually (and I guess you wouldn't know this yet) but the geographical center of the entire *Universe* is my 14 year old Son. Just ask him. He will tell you the whole world revolves around him.

Old 10-12-2000, 09:53 AM
Talking

Good one cphilip!
I think my truck would probably make it to KC. One thing for sure, there's so much open area here that everybody on this board could park their trucks in one spot. That would be about it for entertainment though!

------------------
'97 F-150 Lariat Ext. Cab 4X4
  • White/Silver, 4.6L, Auto.
  • Tinted Windows/Bedmat/Toolbox/Lund Bug Deflector
  • 265/75/16 BFGoodrich on polished 16x8 AR-136's
  • Cat-back Dual Exhaust
  • Polar Bear Grille Guard

Old 10-12-2000, 10:01 AM
I've been through Lebanon, Not much room to park trucks in that small town . There is a lot more room up here in the Kansas City area.

Old 10-12-2000, 10:34 AM
Question

cphilip -
It must be something in the air here in SC cause believe it or not my 3 year old daughter has the same ideas as your son!

CowLady, BRRRRRRRRR it's got down into the 30's this week, man it was cold. Oh well winters over! yippee!

You take a photo (digital or traditional) yet. We need to see the new baby. I can't believe you being a new mom and all and no photos? My wife is going to have to have a chat with you. I think she owns stock in Kodak by now.

------------------
2000 Lariat 4x4 Supercab
Black Clearcoat
Flowmaster 50 series SUV using original tailpipe
K&N Filter
CamLocker Aluminum Toolbox
Tinted Windows
Vent Visors

A.R.E. 'Z' series bed cap

1999 HD Softtail Custom
Cobalt Blue
Lowered and Chromed to max.

1995 Long Haired Chihuahua (Best security system on the market)

Check it out at:
http://www.harleyrider.webprovider.com/index.htm

Old 10-12-2000, 11:13 AM
Thumbs up

How about the geographical center of North America? That's in North Dakota! Go Bison!

------------------
99 XLT 5.4L SC 4x4 ORP Wedgewood Waldoch - 3.55LS, grey/blue leather, wood dash and door inserts, Lund Deflector, Trenz Billet Antennae, Clear Corner Lenses, Line-X Bedliner

On the way: Retrax Bed Cover, Color matched hood deflector & a non slapping engine

1977 1/2 F250 4x4 "Low Boy" 400-4spd

Old 10-12-2000, 02:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm sure she'd bring the X.

Right now she's in show-off mode because the December issue of Truck Trend Magazine has a picture of her "baby" as a title shot for the story about the Expedition rally we attended last Spring.

------------------
1997 4x4 Expedition- 4.6L, true dual exhaust w/glass-packs, K&N air filter, SuperChip, airbox mods, Edelbrock shocks, 285/75R16 BFG ATs, 2000 "XLT" wheels, 4.10 gears, Auburn LS, Clarion In-dash CD player, Smitty Bilt push bars and nerf bars.

2000 4x4 F250 SD XLT SuperCab SWB- 6.8L, Offroad Pkg, Camper Pkg, 4.30LS, Tape & CD player, Remote Keyless Entry, Sliding back glass, tinted windows, 265/75R16 OWL tires.

NoMo's site

Old 10-12-2000, 09:25 PM
Thumbs up

Well friends - sounds like we may have some interest in our own rally!
Maybe we can get someone from 1 of the truck magazines out to cover it! Bet we could even get some Ford dealers to throw in some "goodies" to be raffled/given away too!
We need to spread the word on this & ask as many of the rest of this site if they'd be interested. I'm game & as far as when I have no preferences. Well, actually any month where snow is NOT likely would be good!
I am going to borrow a friends scanner & get some pictures this weekend if the weather holds out & my Dad is feeling better. So far, so good. I am going out to see him this weekend. In fact, I can think of a bunch of places to take some really nice pictures there.
Let's really try to get this rally off the ground. I'd LOVE to meet everyone - you've all been so nice & helpful!
Talk to you later! Bye for now!

------------------

'97 F150 XLT ORP 4X4

Old 10-17-2000, 11:02 PM
Banned
Arrow

Hello CowLady,
Placing all site stuff aside.

I was infromed you were in the works of trying to put on a National Rally. I would like to offer any help that you would need from the Texas Chapter to get this working. We were planning this type of event a long time ago. I'm sure many of the F150 enthusiasts are still interested.

We have also kicked around doing the Power Tour this next June. Information on this is not out yet, but last year they went from California all the way through the US to Florida. Here is a spot for the info from last Junes Event http://emapusaevents.com/. My boss picked up the tour in OK. and went all the way to Florida. This way every stop ends up being a Rally. If this sounds interesting please don't hesitate to contact me.

Also if you still would like to plan a event in KC then the offer is still good.

------------------
Mumbly also known as Buck
Carrollton Texas (DFW), Part of the Texas Chapter of F150word.com DANG forgot the l
Black</A> 1999 Stage 3 Roush F-150 Super Cab Flareside
Here are all the goodies: Kenne Bell Supercharger, Roush Suspension, 18"x 9.5 Chrome Wheels, B. F. Goodrich Z295/45, Full Ground Effects, Roush Leather Signatured Interior (Front and Back), Flowmaster with Side Exit Infront of the Wheel, Embroidered Floor Mats, F1 Cobra Hood, ******* Hard Tonneau, Bedrug, Slide Window, and lots of other little odds and ends

Work rhigh@nortelnetworks.com
Anytime mumbly_f150@yahoo.com
Home mumbly@gte.net
Texas Chapter email TexasChapter@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by Mumbly (edited 10-17-2000).]

Quick Reply: Anybody game?