Michael Phelps In Good Company

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by referee54
Maybe pot can kill ya...

Newsflash; this just in...

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/...2740&GT1=31025

It seems that, right or wrong, doobies can cause one's little boys to become cancerous...

TSC
BS. Nope it can't. Actually, it can help reverse cancer.

http://www.nowpublic.com/thc_marijua..._harvard_study

True, its a Harvard study.... what do they know ?

And for the record, I can think of at least 5 guys off the top of my head, all have been smoking for 40 YEARS or more, no cancer. Its BS. I aint gunna buy into that one, sorry. You have nothing to risk, my doctor is risking his license to practice medecine by prescribing me this stuff. I will take his word over yours, or some online source, no offense.

Science at its best

"Since we know that the incidence of testicular cancer has been rising in our country and in Europe over the last 40 years and that marijuana use has also risen over the same time, it seemed logical that there might be an association between the two,"
Ya, sure, thats reason enough. Why not ?

They used to tell you your sperm count would drop.

As well, previous human and animal research has indicated that marijuana use might lead to reduced hormonal production (particularly testosterone), poorer semen quality and impotency in men.
I have, and many others, have done tests to prove this wrong, and propaganda being spread by these pot-***** and drug Czars. "Reefer madness". Plus, what hits closer to home for a guy, then his sack ? See my point ? Its not true. Too many other factors for these "tests" to mean anything.

Originally Posted by efuehrin
You call that list "good company"?

You need to raise your standard man.
All those people are far more accomplished then most. YOU may not like all of them, doesn't mean every single person is bad.

How about our founding fathers ??

How about Bill Gates ??

Queen Elizabeth ?

Micheal Phelps ?

Johnny Carson ?

Pablo Picasso ?

Sarah Palin ?

Who are you to judge if these people are "good company" or not ? And what makes you think these people are so horrible ? How many have you met ? And how many years did you live alongside them ?

Maybe good company can be changed to accomplished persons. Since all have done FAR more then 99% of us here. Including me.

Judge how you want to, but compare them to yourself. What have you done ? When you die, 40 years from now, how many people will remember you ? Not trying to be an ***, I just think its funny seeing people judge others so harshly. A lot of these people listed, have done a lot of good. Not 100% of them, but some. The list is to show how many different "stoners" there are out there. not all are the stereotype "burnout" who talks slow and funny, and can't remember anything.

Last edited by MercedesTech; 02-09-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Why in the world would they includ the likes of Madonna and leave off one of the world's best know promoters of the stuff?

Willie

They must have been high when they made the list.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Jeeze, with standards like yours why do you hang around here???

So you guys don't consider our founding fathers, successful businessmen, musicians, actors, authors, composers, political leaders good enough company?

I'm curious as to who actually meets your exceedingly high standards for "good company"?

- NCSU
Yea take out the founding fathers on my statement. It's mostly the actors on the list that made me say that.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Willie

They must have been high when they made the list.
He's always just a given, kinda like Snoop.

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 02-09-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:38 PM
BS. Nope it can't. Actually, it can help reverse cancer.

Calm down, man...no need to be so hyper defensive.

Say what you want..but I came into the world with my two little guys, and I intend to leave the world the same way...if they become problematic...I am not likin' that. Say what you want---it does, it deosn't...I prefer to keep mine...OK?

TSC

Old 02-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Judge how you want to, but compare them to yourself. What have you done ? When you die, 40 years from now, how many people will remember you ? Not trying to be an ***, I just think its funny seeing people judge others so harshly. A lot of these people listed, have done a lot of good. Not 100% of them, but some. The list is to show how many different "stoners" there are out there. not all are the stereotype "burnout" who talks slow and funny, and can't remember anything.

I always felt that it was not how many people who remembered you, but who remembered you, and how strongly they felt about you---hey man---you put yours in quantity, I will take quality, any day...TSC

Old 02-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by referee54
Say what you want..but I came into the world with my two little guys, and I intend to leave the world the same way...if they become problematic...I am not likin' that. Say what you want---it does, it deosn't...I prefer to keep mine...OK?

TSC
Here are "causes" from www.cancer.org

Undescended *********.

Family History.

HIV Infection.

CIS (carcinoma in situ): CIS is a condition in which germ cells do not grow normally, but do not form a tumor or cause symptoms. It isn't clear how often CIS in the ********* becomes cancer.

Cancer of the Other ********.

Age: Nine out of 10 cases of testicular cancers occur in men between the ages of 20 and 54. But this cancer can affect males of any age, including infants and elderly men

Race and Ethnicity: White American men are about 5 times more likely to get testicular cancer than are African-American men. Whites have more than 3 times the risk of Asian-American and American Indian men.

Body Size: Some studies have that the risk of testicular cancer is somewhat higher in tall men but other studies have not shown a link.

Being from a wealthy social group.

Born in Denmark. Denmark has the highest incidence of testicular cancer in the world. This rate is five times higher than in nearby Finland .

I don't see marijuana listed

- NCSU

Old 02-09-2009, 05:47 PM
referee54;3579253]BS. Nope it can't. Actually, it can help reverse cancer.

Calm down, man...no need to be so hyper defensive.
Its an online forum. I am FAR from defensive. You posted something, I responded. Don't take it so personal. I enjoy a good debate. if you don't I appologize. Re-read my entire post please. I did some editing for ya, to explain it better.

TSC
110% here. I will agree to leave you to your choice, and never hound or bug you about it, IF YOU DO THE SAME FOR ME. Until a valid link between the two comes up, I wont buy into just any online spewed forth. I like being a skeptic. ok ?

referee54;3579256]

I always felt that it was not how many people who remembered you, but who remembered you, and how strongly they felt about you---hey man---you put yours in quantity, I will take quality, any day...TSC
Here is where we disagree, but this would be getting on a whole nother tangent. This is far to philosophical for F150online. I don't care who remember you, they will die. You will be forgotten. If your name is spread through every house in the nation, you will live for eternity. blah blah blah. We can go on and on, but thats a different thread.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Who are you to judge if these people are "good company" or not ? And what makes you think these people are so horrible ? How many have you met ? And how many years did you live alongside them ?

Maybe good company can be changed to accomplished persons. Since all have done FAR more then 99% of us here. Including me.

Jeezsh. MT take a toke and chill! I think your taking me too seriously!

I think our problem here is that you see the good people in the list and I see the people that I have no respect for, (see Madonna).

And 60% of the people on that list will be remembered because they did something famous not because they have done something so great for society.(entertainers). I'm not going to base my worth on how many people remember me when I'm gone.

By the way I don't care if people smoke......I wan't trying to be as harsh as you took it.

not all are the stereotype "burnout" who talks slow and funny, and can't remember anything.
Yep that's me when I smoke.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Daling and her team explored the notion of a marijuana-testicular cancer connection by analyzing data on 369 testicular cancer patients that had been collected by the Adult Testicular Cancer Lifestyle and Blood Specimen Study
So... if I got 400 people together, all who had lung cancer. All are also married. I could then make a link saying if you get married, you get lung cancer. See how that works ?? Yay ! I'm a scientist !

Old 02-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Here are "causes" from www.cancer.org

Undescended *********.

Family History.

HIV Infection.

CIS (carcinoma in situ): CIS is a condition in which germ cells do not grow normally, but do not form a tumor or cause symptoms. It isn't clear how often CIS in the ********* becomes cancer.

Cancer of the Other ********.

Age: Nine out of 10 cases of testicular cancers occur in men between the ages of 20 and 54. But this cancer can affect males of any age, including infants and elderly men

Race and Ethnicity: White American men are about 5 times more likely to get testicular cancer than are African-American men. Whites have more than 3 times the risk of Asian-American and American Indian men.

Body Size: Some studies have that the risk of testicular cancer is somewhat higher in tall men but other studies have not shown a link.

Being from a wealthy social group.

Born in Denmark. Denmark has the highest incidence of testicular cancer in the world. This rate is five times higher than in nearby Finland .

I don't see marijuana listed

- NCSU
Well, the study that you said you read---and disagreed with---said that it can be the culprit.

What if it does? What if this finding is---heaven help us---correct? Some of you folks sound like the overly defensive cigarette smokers---"Yep, I know guys that have smoked doobies three time a day for 40 years---and they are not dead yet..."

Hey, for what it its worth, my grandma smoked cigs (Camels or Lucky Strikes!)for 68 years---she died when she was 84---and yep---she beat the odds on that,too, right. But, that doesn't mean I have to try to beat those odds, either, right?

TSC

Last edited by referee54; 02-09-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Jeezsh. MT take a toke and chill! I think your taking me too seriously!

I think our problem here is that you see the good people in the list and I see the people that I have no respect for, (see Madonna).

And 60% of the people on that list will be remembered because they did something famous not because they have done something so great for society.(entertainers). I'm not going to base my worth on how many people remember me when I'm gone.

By the way I don't care if people smoke......I wan't trying to be as harsh as you took it.

Yep that's me when I smoke.

Just so we are clear, I am not "upset" worked up, or anything other then my normal ole self. This is something I can talk at great lengths at, but only have "x" amount of time to BS around online. So I type fast, and edit often. I also don't just argue with you. Remember, you don't win any arguement by convincing the other person your right, you simply convince more people around you !

Sorry if I come off as "crazy" . I know I sound like a nut, but c'mon, I'm a stoner !!! I gotta be chill and laid back !!

And its not that I see the "good" its that i see a mix. Everyone says "stoners" do nothing, are lazy, a drag, blah blah blah. Its not true. Showing a wide range of names that the average person knows, puts it in some perspective.

Last edited by MercedesTech; 02-09-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:46 PM
check this out:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=51947578

pretty damn funny !! Its an SNL skit on the whoel deal.

"If your kid says Phelps smokes pot why can't I ?"

"you reply with 'you can, right after you win 12 gold medals !"

Old 02-10-2009, 12:49 PM

^^^^I've got bigger problems today .....Layoffs at work.

If I get laid off I may need to come see ya MT!

Old 02-10-2009, 12:59 PM
^^^^I've got bigger problems today .....Layoffs at work.

If I get laid off I may need to come see ya MT!
No good man. Sorry to hear that. Two real close friends (cabinet makers) are sitting at home today. **** sucks. I have taken some hefty pay cuts recently.

What do ya do for a living ??

And the door is always open. Cold brews and Jack always on hand.

Quick Reply: Michael Phelps In Good Company