My Ultimate Economic Stimulus Plan

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ultimate Economic Stimulus Plan

Here's the answer to fixing the economy. Ready?

1 - Give every single, documented, legal person a government check for $100,000. Legal, documented, married couples - $150,000.
The person(s) must be 25 years of age or older.
The person(s) must be a legally employed taxpayer for at least 1 year.
The person(s) must have no payments or penalities in arrears to the IRS.
If so, the total amount in arrears will be deducted from the stimulus.
The person must be a legal resident of the state on the last tax return
filed to the IRS.
2 - Advantages:
People stay in their houses. The average "smart" person will pay their mortgages, medical bills, car payments, credit cards, student loans up or completely pay them off. Which in turn, puts money back in the banks, mortgage companies, credit card companies and return some of the money back to the government in the form of student loans, etc. The average "dumb" person will just get high.
People who don't technically need the stimulus (well-off people) will be able to invest the money, which in turn, increases confidence in the market.
People will stimulate retail sales because flat screen tv's, Blu-ray players, iPhones, F150's and all that crap will be bought without fail. Retail sales will skyrocket.
This way, the government is not giving away $700 billion dollars + pork. This is much cheaper.

3 - Disadvantages:
I'm sure you guys will let me know.

Overall, if you look at this situation as 3 blocks, with the government as one, financial institutions as another and the American people as the one in the middle, you can not jump over the people who keep the wheel turning, and give the money to the financial institutions. We've seen what they would do with it.
It locks up credit and they screw the whole system, the government and the people. If you grease the wheel that turns the economy, everything runs smoothly.

Ok, the floor is open for discussion and my "bill" is subject to change. - Og

Old 10-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even the US government can't pay for this..............

150,000,000 *
--------------------------
15,000,000,000,000 =
that's trillion

Old 10-10-2008, 03:30 PM
F^*k that IM 23 married, 2 kids and a mortgage. wheres mine!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by efuehrin
Even the US government can't pay for this..............

150,000,000 *
--------------------------
15,000,000,000,000 =
that's trillion
Is that every legal, working person over the age of 25? - Og

Old 10-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by jlstang351
F^*k that IM 23 married, 2 kids and a mortgage. wheres mine!!!
Can't give it to everybody. Sorry. -Og

Old 10-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

No but the email going around before about dividing up the 700 Billion bailout package, guessed that there were 200 million taxpayers over the age of 18 so I just knocked 50 mill off for estimating purposes.

But even if there are only 50 milllon people thats 5 trillion bucks

Old 10-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by efuehrin
No but the email going around before about dividing up the 700 Billion bailout package, guessed that there were 200 million taxpayers over the age of 18 so I just knocked 50 mill off for estimating purposes.

But even if there are only 50 milllon people thats 5 trillion bucks
Maybe it can be adjusted to persons over 30 or adjust the amount to the approximate $1 trillion they just gave away. Not $700 billion. They added $150 billion of pork and gave AIG money to go to the spa. - Og

Old 10-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I think you should double the payout to each person and make it for everyone 65 or older.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
I think you should double the payout to each person and make it for everyone 65 or older.
I was waiting on you to chime in. Basically, what do you think? I know the amounts will have to be adjusted. After you weed out the illegals, the number of checks given will fall, I think. - Og

Old 10-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by OgRedd
Here's the answer to fixing the economy. Ready?

1 - Give every single, documented, legal person a government check for $100,000. Legal, documented, married couples - $150,000.
The person(s) must be 25 years of age or older.
The person(s) must be a legally employed taxpayer for at least 1 year.
The person(s) must have no payments or penalities in arrears to the IRS.
If so, the total amount in arrears will be deducted from the stimulus.
The person must be a legal resident of the state on the last tax return
filed to the IRS.
2 - Advantages:
People stay in their houses. The average "smart" person will pay their mortgages, medical bills, car payments, credit cards, student loans up or completely pay them off. Which in turn, puts money back in the banks, mortgage companies, credit card companies and return some of the money back to the government in the form of student loans, etc. The average "dumb" person will just get high.
People who don't technically need the stimulus (well-off people) will be able to invest the money, which in turn, increases confidence in the market.
People will stimulate retail sales because flat screen tv's, Blu-ray players, iPhones, F150's and all that crap will be bought without fail. Retail sales will skyrocket.
This way, the government is not giving away $700 billion dollars + pork. This is much cheaper.

3 - Disadvantages:
I'm sure you guys will let me know.

Overall, if you look at this situation as 3 blocks, with the government as one, financial institutions as another and the American people as the one in the middle, you can not jump over the people who keep the wheel turning, and give the money to the financial institutions. We've seen what they would do with it.
It locks up credit and they screw the whole system, the government and the people. If you grease the wheel that turns the economy, everything runs smoothly.

Ok, the floor is open for discussion and my "bill" is subject to change. - Og
What I have highlighted is a major fallacy. There being a large numer of smart people is expecting too much. Many will buy dope or squander it away and still owe everything or more than they do now.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:03 PM
You can't just dump that kind of money into the economy. It'll cause inflation and will f*ck the economy up in the long run. Taking 150 trillion that we don't have and handing it out like foodstamps is just putting us into 150 trillion dollars into debt. Next time you have an idea think about the other side of the river, and how others will be affected, rather then just naming requirements that fit yourself.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:05 PM
There being a large numer of smart people is expecting too much.
You, my friend, are a genius. I never realized, until just now, how many idiots there really are in America. The bill has been vetoed, for now. I need to rewrite it and consider the "idiot factor". - Og

Old 10-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Dromlace
You can't just dump that kind of money into the economy. It'll cause inflation and will f*ck the economy up in the long run. Taking 150 trillion that we don't have and handing it out like foodstamps is just putting us into 150 trillion dollars into debt. Next time you have an idea think about the other side of the river, and how others will be affected, rather then just naming requirements that fit yourself.
Calm down, dude. It's your money anyway. Unless you don't pay your taxes. By the way, have you checked your 401k lately? The economy can't get more "f*ck" up as it is now, genius. - Og

Old 10-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Global Moderator &

That is basically what they are proposing with the tax cuts. Just not as much of a single impact as a lump sum would be. Plus, why should people that pay a very small amount of tax receive as much as the high tax payer? Do it as a tax credit over the next 5 years, or as a reduction of the rates rather than a credit.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Plus, why should people that pay a very small amount of tax receive as much as the high tax payer? Do it as a tax credit over the next 5 years, or as a reduction of the rates rather than a credit.
Good point. You should run for office. - Og

Quick Reply: My Ultimate Economic Stimulus Plan