There has not been a Christianity thread in a while...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zeruin
Aside from that, here's what I know..
Jesus was one man, more than likely fictional at that, and by no means the son of a god. The bible is nothing more than a crutch for the weak created by man and support for those who cant see things as they really are.
Long story short, do not insult people.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aside from that, here's what think..
Jesus was one man, more than likely fictional at that, and by no means the son of a god. The bible is nothing more than a crutch for the weak created by man and support for those who cant see things as they really are.
fixed it for you. Or should I bow down to you because you know everything about history?

Old 09-21-2008, 05:33 PM
ahh.. I guess I got a little in over my head on the last one.. anywho.. I apologize.. atleast Jesus will forgive me if you wont..

Old 09-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Suspended
ahh.. I guess I got a little in over my head on the last one.. anywho.. I apologize.. atleast Jesus will forgive me if you wont..
Don't go down that road. We've all been able to talk like mature adults until you started opening your mouth.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Habibi
My mind is open, in fact, your mind is so closed that you can't see it.
Tell me something, if God didn't fail man, where was He when those little kids were getting abused?

~ Long deafening Silence ~

Yeah, that's what I thought. Same place he is everytime some horrific event takes place.

NOWHERE!
Been thinking about this all day. So free will kinda sucks sometimes huh? If the abusers where truly Christians that failed Gods word, that is there sin nature getting them in trouble. Not God. Instead of blaming God, why don't you blame Satan? Christians that abuse kids or fall in there walk sure don't make it easy for other Christians to defend the faith to non believers, that is for sure. There is a reason God does the things he does. I am not even going to pretend to know his mind. But even with all the suffering anyone goes through no matter how horrific, we are on this earth for a few short years. It seems bad while we are going through the trials of life... but compared to eternity it is nothing. When the abused are dead and gone from this earth, they will live eternity in the place that they chose to go. As we all choose. It is not for me to tell you how to live or what to believe. You have heard the words of the Bible. We Christians here have planted the seed. What you do with that, is up to you. I know my fate. But rest assured, I will defend Christianity any time I can, the best I can. And no, I am not perfect. No one is but the Son. So to use the failing of man is to have hate to wards God is just too easy.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by chris1450
Been thinking about this all day. So free will kinda sucks sometimes huh? .
Ok fine, here's the thing Chris,
Christians always want it both ways, and that's the hypocrisy that stinks so bad.

When things are good and everything goes well, it's "Oh praise God, Thank you Jesus, Amen! Hallelujah!!", as you guys are all high-fiving each other and giving thanks.

As soon as things go bad, the canned reply comes out.

"Hm, well, er, clears throat" "Free will, blah blah, man screwed up, not God"

Consider this if you will:

Anytime something bad happens, you blame man, fair enough, but anytime something good happens, it's always because of God, if it's such a one-way street with God, what's the point?
For the amount of good He does, you might as well worship a goldfish in a clear plastic bag for all the good it will do; at least the goldfish is real.
As a sign of respect, I spelled "he" with a capital H just for you Chris ~ I just want to make sure I get credit for that.

Seriously. give me a few good things God has done for the world, something the least bit verifiable and not a figment of your imagination.
From my POV, I don't see anything, as a matter of fact, just to give you an insight into a non-believer like me, open the bible to any page, and anywhere it says God, or He, or Him, replace that with "The Easter Bunny, Santa, or The Tooth Fairy" and you will see how absurd it looks to guys like me.

You know what? Allow me to do it for you.

Here's some bible quotes that some of you like to paste, I'm just randomly going to find some, just a sec until I dig something up...BRB
Ok, here we go...

Genesis 1
The Beginning
1 In the beginning SANTA created the heavens and the earth.
2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of The Easter Bunny was hovering over the waters.

3 And Harry Potter said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 Bugs Bunny saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 Santa called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Do you see how silly it looks now?

Old 09-22-2008, 03:46 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this reply is funny as hell?
That deserves an award for great one-line answers.
I laughed for 5 minutes when I read it.

Awesome zeruin.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Don't go down that road. We've all been able to talk like mature adults until you started opening your mouth.
Wow Can you define mature adults? I'm trying to fit that catagory, and I need your help.

Last edited by Tumba; 09-22-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ok fine, here's the thing Chris,
Christians always want it both ways, and that's the hypocrisy that stinks so bad.

When things are good and everything goes well, it's "Oh praise God, Thank you Jesus, Amen! Hallelujah!!", as you guys are all high-fiving each other and giving thanks.

As soon as things go bad, the canned reply comes out.

"Hm, well, er, clears throat" "Free will, blah blah, man screwed up, not God"

Consider this if you will:

Anytime something bad happens, you blame man, fair enough, but anytime something good happens, it's always because of God, if it's such a one-way street with God, what's the point?
For the amount of good He does, you might as well worship a goldfish in a clear plastic bag for all the good it will do; at least the goldfish is real.
As a sign of respect, I spelled "he" with a capital H just for you Chris ~ I just want to make sure I get credit for that.

Seriously. give me a few good things God has done for the world, something the least bit verifiable and not a figment of your imagination.
From my POV, I don't see anything, as a matter of fact, just to give you an insight into a non-believer like me, open the bible to any page, and anywhere it says God, or He, or Him, replace that with "The Easter Bunny, Santa, or The Tooth Fairy" and you will see how absurd it looks to guys like me.

You know what? Allow me to do it for you.

Here's some bible quotes that some of you like to paste, I'm just randomly going to find some, just a sec until I dig something up...BRB
Ok, here we go...

Genesis 1
The Beginning
1 In the beginning SANTA created the heavens and the earth.
2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of The Easter Bunny was hovering over the waters.

3 And Harry Potter said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 Bugs Bunny saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 Santa called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Do you see how silly it looks now?
I do not see your point. Must be because you did not make one.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
Look in left field

Habibi
I know I'm not one to talk.
I'm trying to get Dr. Hawkin on the line, he just don't take phone calls

Old 09-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Habibi made a perfectly good point or points.

You're just either refusing to see or answer them.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by EnglishAdam
Habibi made a perfectly good point or points.

You're just either refusing to see or answer them.

Hard for me to see or answer to what doesn't exist.

And you guys should know that, since God does exist and you do the exact same.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Hard for me to see or answer to what doesn't exist.

Well Ok, I'll requote Habibi's question from his post to you again as you fail to see that it exists.

Can you see that? ^^^^^^^ Does it exist?

As to your second statement

And you guys should know that, since God does exist
And here we have completed the circle again. Show us Agnostics that God exists.

Fairy stories, beautiful sunsets and complex physics that you fail to understand does not count as proof.

I think what we (on my side of the fence) are looking for is an explanation of Faith.
Sure, it's a great concept. Heaven, fluffy clouds, choirs of angels, get to meet my old grandpa again and we would all like to think it's real.
But it's no more real than Santa or the Easter Bunny however much we wish it.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:25 PM

You sure about that?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Coming to true faith, is to accept the fact that "What will be , Will be" that of course we all come to terms with. But to come to terms of life,and accept the fact all of this serves a greater purpose. That is Faith!

Quick Reply: There has not been a Christianity thread in a while...