Should you move in with your girl friend for financial reasons?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbo77
'Cept for the fact most 'kids' today can't man-up and take responsibility for their actions,
From some of his other posts, I was under the impression that the original poster is into his 30's. Gainfully employed, too.

If he does turn out to be a daddy, let's all hope for the sake of the kid he is capable of manning up.

I get what you are saying about people abandoning their responsibilities, though. Way too much of that going around.

BTW, for you future fathers out there, it's not all bad for the dad. Kids are expensive and it can be a tough gig, but you get incredible happiness from your children in ways you will never understand until you are a dad.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by OgRedd
Never seen a pregnant hand before. Post some pics. - Og
HAHA.....well she hasnt got tiem of the month yet. Tomorrow I am picking her up from the air port and I am asking her to do a pregnancy test.

I am 32 and I can afford a child but I am not sure if I want to. And she doesnt believe in abortion. But if I were to get her pregnant I definetely wouldnt be a dead beat dad. I am pretty f'ing nervous.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Maybe these will make you feel better incase she is preggers!

Last edited by efuehrin; 08-14-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by BigMan
HAHA.....well she hasnt got tiem of the month yet. Tomorrow I am picking her up from the air port and I am asking her to do a pregnancy test.

I am 32 and I can afford a child but I am not sure if I want to. And she doesnt believe in abortion. But if I were to get her pregnant I definetely wouldnt be a dead beat dad. I am pretty f'ing nervous.
Hang in there and good luck. Sounds like you will know soon.

My now wife/then girlfirend and I had a 'scare' before we were ready to be parents. Very stressful. Turned out to be a false alarm, and we later got married and had two wonderful kids. NOt sure if anyone is ever ready to be a parent, but somehow it works out, lol.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
big man im 32 also but i have no kids. i know one thing if u have a good woman you have nothing to worry about..chances are she will be a good mother. you dont have to be rich to be good parents.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:11 PM
I didn't read the whole thread so if this was said then just leave me alone.

You'll never really, really, truly know someone until you live with them. If your thinking about marriage one day w/her then I would say move in. then if it's true love you'll know but give it some time. It will be a lot cheaper splitting up living together single than splitting up living together married.

There's no charge for this advice so don't worry about it.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Suspended
Just think, either pregnant or not, the break up situation is worse 10-fold.

I'm moved in with the woman, wondering if its worth it right now. I completely agree with the statement that you never really know someone until you live with them, and I also believe the same about working with someone, but thats besides the point.

But, better to move her in and find out she's f-in crazy, then not doing it and wondering all along if she your "soul mate".

Btw, some really good-- And really funny advice here.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Graphics Contributor
So is she knocked up? or is that why dave hasnt replied to this thread yet today .

Old 08-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Anybody who has their girlfriend move in for financial reasons has so much more to learn about life! Go ahead, & talk to me in a year!...........

Old 08-16-2008, 12:53 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by JBMX928
So is she knocked up? or is that why dave hasnt replied to this thread yet today .

I talked to him this afternoon... He was gonna have her take the test when she got back this evening. He is either hammered, or still crying

Old 08-16-2008, 12:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe it was because of his fantasy football team draft?

Old 08-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by BigMan
I live alone and my girl friend lives alone. She is either over here or I am over there just about every night. Been thinking about just getting a place together but I am scared. We would save a ton of money on bills. But the down side would be I couldnt do whatever the hell I want like I can now.

if you want to get married, decide if you'd prefer the common-law variety or the real thing...otherwise, keep you separate residences

Old 08-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
I talked to him this afternoon... He was gonna have her take the test when she got back this evening. He is either hammered, or still crying
Knowing Dave, he is probably drunk. After all it is the weekend.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Money is hardly the right reason to move in with someone although some may have a different opinion!

Old 08-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
*jaws theme starts playing

update or no?

Quick Reply: Should you move in with your girl friend for financial reasons?