downloaded virus

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im a mac fan, i know my way very well around a windows pc, and i know my way around a mac. macs are just prettier. they work, no drivers, viruses, malware, etc. its just an easier concept. they are overpriced and whatnot but they are worth the money.

most people are just happy that they dont have to worry about all the problems you face with a pc.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:03 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Chris04v6
macs are just prettier.

most people are just happy that they dont have to worry about all the problems you face with a pc.
Forgot about that, computers are fashion statements now a days also.

Not to mention, I have had my XP computer for 6 years now, and it is flawless. Just too many damn stupid people. The ones who have issues do stupid stuff its plain and simple. My vista laptop is perfect. Had it a year with out a single issue, and its damn fast too.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:04 AM
yeah i agree with you. its all about the user. but sometimes people can't help it, i couldn't. my last pc was a nice computer, very quick and worked great. until my family got ahold of it. so now, if they touch my laptop, its stupid-proof. plus i need some of the programs i couldn't get for a pc

Old 08-13-2008, 02:09 AM
I have to say, my Dell with Windows is almost 5 years old and I only had 2 problems with it (knock on wood).

Old 08-13-2008, 02:11 AM
i guess more or less the best thing about this is that if it ever did crash, even though i doubt it will, i know its a breeze to have it up and running. no drivers lost, or anything like that. i dont mean to be so one sided, brand loyalty has always irritated me, but im just too impressed with apple.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Suspended
Alot of people are too, I personally am not. My sister has a MAC for work and she dispises it and likes her low end vista laptop I got her better
Im the same way, I personally cannot stand the mac OS. But thats me, not everyone else.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:21 AM
alot of people cant stand vista for a bunch of reasons they cant justify.

i think vista needs a chance to prove itself. although they found something majorly wrong with vista, supposedly. there is a thread somewhere on here explaining that.

ive used vista on a machine that was capable of running vista, and it was a great experience. vista is a good OS, people just know nothing about computers and stuff. they argue that you shouldn't have to update hardware to upgrade software. most just dont realize that their equipment is years out of date.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:43 AM
Click this link and the download should start. It's from a mirror trusted by the Spybot S&D official site. Be careful when downloading anti spyware and anti virus programs because they can potentially be one.

If it doesn't start, hit the Download Now button with the big downward arrow next to it. NOT THE TOP BANNER. The one that's directly to the right of the file title which says Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.0.30
http://fileforum.betanews.com/downlo...y/1043809773/1

i guess more or less the best thing about this is that if it ever did crash, even though i doubt it will, i know its a breeze to have it up and running. no drivers lost, or anything like that. i dont mean to be so one sided, brand loyalty has always irritated me, but im just too impressed with apple.
I hate Macs because I can't do anything within their OS. I can't control anything, it wants to do everything for me. I have a custom modified version of XP Pro that I made that lets me control whatever I want. Plus it's no fun. No good games, no benchmarks, not enough processing power for my needs etc. etc.

But I have to agree they have their niche though. They're just not for me.

alot of people cant stand vista for a bunch of reasons they cant justify.

i think vista needs a chance to prove itself. although they found something majorly wrong with vista, supposedly. there is a thread somewhere on here explaining that.

ive used vista on a machine that was capable of running vista, and it was a great experience. vista is a good OS, people just know nothing about computers and stuff. they argue that you shouldn't have to update hardware to upgrade software. most just dont realize that their equipment is years out of date.
Vista had a chance to prove itself to me and I didn't like it. And trust me my computer is more than capable of running it. It was just too bloated from a programming point of view and I took a noticeable performance hit for things like processing strings of data and rendering 3D environments and high definition videos.

Last edited by Arca_ex; 08-13-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:00 AM
the main thing i dont like about my mac is that i do computer programming, like visual basic and java, and i doubt that you can do that on a mac. my teacher would give me hell for it i know it.

this mac isn't for graphic design or code though. this is just my internet surfing, audio recording, etc computer. it more than does whats listed for me, and i don't ask much more.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:05 AM
I need a gaming computer. this includes the need for a 7.1 audio card. creative is the only option and their software sux, their product doesnt work in Vista64. xp for me

Old 08-13-2008, 03:09 AM
the main thing i dont like about my mac is that i do computer programming, like visual basic and java, and i doubt that you can do that on a mac. my teacher would give me hell for it i know it.

this mac isn't for graphic design or code though. this is just my internet surfing, audio recording, etc computer. it more than does whats listed for me, and i don't ask much more.
My sister is a grafic designer and uses a mac

Old 08-13-2008, 03:12 AM
sorry for hijacking the thread AZ :o

how does your sister like her mac?

btw they are putting out mac pros now, with dual QUAD core processors.

sounds like a gimmick, i honestly doubt anyone would ever need THAT much processing power

they advertise them as 8 core processors lol

Old 08-13-2008, 03:15 AM
She loves it I actually just got her osx for her bday

doesn't bother me when my threads get jacked, besides I've been pming people about stuff

Old 08-13-2008, 03:17 AM
haha okay good.

the guy who sold me my macbook upgraded it before he sold it to me, and ive been happy.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
I need a gaming computer. this includes the need for a 7.1 audio card. creative is the only option and their software sux, their product doesnt work in Vista64. xp for me
They released working drivers for Vista64. Besides, have you seen the Asus Xonar D1 or whatever it's called? It's the first third party to use X-Fi technology on their own sound card, and the drivers work
I want one. My X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro is nice but I just wish they had decent driver and interface support.

sorry for hijacking the thread AZ :o

how does your sister like her mac?

btw they are putting out mac pros now, with dual QUAD core processors.

sounds like a gimmick, i honestly doubt anyone would ever need THAT much processing power

they advertise them as 8 core processors lol
I could use all that processing power easily. Rendering a High Definition video after I've done editing takes me about 5 minutes per 1 minute of video. And that's with my QX9650 Quad Core running at 4GHz with the help of liquid cooling.

Quick Reply: downloaded virus