Obama's Global Tax...Yeah Liberals!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Graphics Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bah.

im getting my bicycle and moving to Canada.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by F150Europe

next time post the link not just what you want us to see percentage of gni may be low but the $amount we send if much further up the list

Old 05-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Suspended
heres the link that shows the real story http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/27/55/40381862.pdf

here it is in a nutshel

TOTAL DAC IN USD. 103,655,000

U.S. SHARE 21,753,000

TOTAL DAC COUNTRIES 22

SO ROUND ABOUT 20 PERCENT OF ALL AID IS FROM THE US

BTW that .95% from norway only equals 3.727 mil

please learn to give all the facts beacuse someone here will get board enough to look them up when you bash the U.S. for not paying their "fair share"

Last edited by po1911; 05-10-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-10-2008, 10:08 PM
That TOOLBAG better not get elected.

"Stay safe, stay Second Amendment." quote form GTA4

Old 05-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by po1911
next time post the link not just what you want us to see percentage of gni may be low but the $amount we send if much further up the list
Way to spank his butt PO1911!

Old 05-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the government spending on aide. How about you find charts that show how much the citizens of the United States give? We blow every country out of the water when it comes to private giving. Look how we helped the tsunami victims? And every other natural disaster in the world. The US citizen is the most generous in the world.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
Way to spank his butt PO1911!
Thank you I quit smoking 4days ago and im a little antsy/have time on my hands to go look for useless info just to hit a liberal upside the head with

Old 05-11-2008, 01:45 PM
We already do give to world charity.

It was WWI, WWII, The First Gulf War, The fight against Communist agression in Korea, Vietnam, West Germany, Afghanistan, The fight against genocidal regemes in Africa and the Balkans, and the fight against Islamic extremists in the middle east.

Not to mention we funded the rebuilding of most of Europe after WWII.

I say we send the U.N. the bill and just as soon as they reimburse the United States then I will jump on board 100%.

Personally Im sick of the U.N. Its a group of self serving countries climbing up on a soap box and running their mouths. Every time there is some thing that has to be done, Its up to 4 countrys to do it.

The USA, The UK, Canada, and Australia.

We might as well start our own 4 nation alliance. We can call our selves the ESAO. The English Speaking Arseholes Organization.

P.S. That doesnt include Qubec, cause they still speak French !

Old 05-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Charity is like welfare. If people can count on us giving it out, you can count on people lining up to take it.

If we are forced to give it, it isnt charity any more. Its extortion.

I give what I feel comfortable with to those whome I think will do the most good with it.

That rule should apply to the government as well. People trying to force money out of us is a bunch of crap.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
By dollar amount, we give more. By ability to give, we give less. That doesnt exactly make us saints
how about this it is supposed to be charity wich means tak it say thank you and go on your merry way if you take it and say we want more than i say you dont get anything

BTW isnt supposed to be the thought that counts oh yea and charity begins at HOME i think this country would greatly benifit from another 86,753,000$ a year going into our school system, or healthcare, or small buisness loans or scholariships anything eles but give it to ungrateful sniviling countries that should take care of themselves instead of being the worlds beggars

Old 05-11-2008, 02:33 PM

Are Americans Cheap?
by John Stossel (November 29, 2006)

The New York Times and Washington Post editorialize about America's "stinginess." Former President Jimmy Carter says when it comes to helping others, "The rich states don't give a damn." Standing outside the White House, the singer Bono told the press that America doesn't do enough to help the needy: "It's the crumbs off our tables that we offer these countries."

It seems obvious to Bono and President Carter that America offers "crumbs" because the governments of most other wealthy countries distribute a larger percentage of their nations' wealth in foreign aid. Yes, the U.S. government gave out $20 billion last year, much more than other countries give, but that's only because we are so stupendously wealthy. If you calculate foreign aid as a percentage of our wealth, the United States gives much less than others.

Actress Angelina Jolie calls that "really disgusting" in my new TV special, titled "Cheap in America." "ABC News" will broadcast it tonight (Wednesday, Nov. 29 at 10 p.m. -- sorry -- I know some of you are reading this column after that). Jolie goes on to say, "I think most American people, you know, really do think we give more. And I know that they would if they could understand how little they give and how much more we can afford to give, absolutely, without even noticing."

But wait a second ... when talking aid, why do Jolie and the others talk just about what the government gives? Why conflate America with our government? America is the people.

Jolie could look to herself as an example of the generous American. She gives weeks of her time and millions of her own dollars to charities. America is 300 million private individuals, and their contributions far exceed what government gives. When you include those, America is anything but cheap.

After the Asian Tsunami two years ago, the U.S. government pledged $900 million to tsunami relief. American individuals donated $2 billion -- three times what government gave -- in food, clothing, and cash. Private charities could barely keep up with the donations.

Americans' preference for voluntary contributions over forced giving through government is one way in which Americans differ from other people. (Don't think it's forced? See what happens if you don't pay your taxes.)

Syracuse University professor Arthur Brooks's new book, "Who Really Cares", points out that Americans give more than the citizens of any other country. Individually, Americans give seven times more money than people in Germany and 14 times more than Italians give. We also volunteer more.

And thank goodness we do, because charity does things better. I notice the difference on my way to work. In my neighborhood the "Men in Blue" -- that's what they call themselves -- clean streets. I wondered who the "Men in Blue" were. Day after day they did menial work energetically ... even enthusiastically.

It turns out that they are mostly former street people, ex-alcoholics, and drug addicts. A private charity, the Doe Fund, puts them to work while trying to teach them to be responsible and stay clean.

One year later, 54 percent of the "Men in Blue" are drug-free and employed. That's twice the success rate of other city shelters.

I'm still not sure exactly what makes Doe Fund successful, but they clearly have discovered something. I never see government workers clean anything with enthusiasm. Doe Fund workers do. It's why I voluntarily give them some of my money.

Charity almost always does it better.

America is a uniquely charitable country. So when you hear that "Americans are cheap," just remember: We gave $260 billion in charity last year. That's almost $900 for every man, woman, and child.

Of course some people give nothing. Some people are cheap. Which raises the question: Who gives and who doesn't? I'll report on that in my next column.

I guess it's more how you look at things, than what the truth is.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath

I guess it's more how you look at things, than what the truth is.
Thanks Odin... you posted an article that says what I said much better.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Suspended
there you go clouding the issue with facts.

BTW john stossel is probally the only person in the media that actually has the odassity to look up facts instead of just regurgitating the talking points that other "anchors" use

Last edited by po1911; 05-11-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
By dollar amount, we give more. By ability to give, we give less. That doesnt exactly make us saints
As was mentioned above, your chart only includes government aid. It doesn't included aid given by individual citizens.

Your chart also doesn't include military expenditures. For instance, the billions spent keeping KJI on the North end of the Korean Peninsula won't show up as foreign aid.

Grim

Old 05-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Grim
As was mentioned above, your chart only includes government aid. It doesn't included aid given by individual citizens.

Your chart also doesn't include military expenditures. For instance, the billions spent keeping KJI on the North end of the Korean Peninsula won't show up as foreign aid.

Grim
nor does the donation of manpower and other resources doctors without borders etc

Quick Reply: Obama's Global Tax...Yeah Liberals!