My answer to high gas prices!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My answer to high gas prices!!!

Well I broke the $100 mark filling up the truck and I'm averaging 11.62 mpgs with it so I thought it's time do something about it. A lot of people are selling thier trucks on here and as far as I can tell the market is not that great for trucks right now....PLUS I love my truck!! So here's my solution to keep my truck and help with gas. 65-75mpg and a 5gal tank that should last me over 200 miles. I just gotta learn how to ride now!!!

Last edited by Mikestyger1; 05-02-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Not bad but the Rott looks like he wanted a Harley.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:17 PM
heres mine, of course I live in a college town and everything is kinda close,

Old 05-02-2008, 11:19 PM
so you got a bike before ever riding?

Old 05-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Grafix Ink.
i was thinking the same thing, seems a bit backwards for me. doesnt do ya any good if you cant ride it!

besides that great lookin bike!

Old 05-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Grafix Ink.

How can he learn to ride one if he doesnt have one???

Old 05-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
i can ride... yet i have no bike...

congrats though... didn't want to get a smaller learning bike though? how many cc's?

Old 05-03-2008, 12:11 AM
My answer is 10" of lift and 38s...

Sweet bike... I suggest a riding safety course to teach ya how to ride... Street bikes esp bullet bikes are way diffrent to ride than a dirtbike. I learned that a while back.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Suspended
Hope you are not dead in 3 months...

Seriously, you need to look in the mirror and smack yourself. Buying a crotch rocket and not knowing how to ride is worse than picking up a crack pipe.

I am gonna tell you right now... DO NOT GIVE IT MORE THAN A QUARTER THROTTLE for the first six months. If you don't head my warnings, you will either become the part of the road that someone has to wash off, or get laid up in a hospital somewhere. I know, am pissing all over your parade right now. But you are in desperate need of some tough love.

Any biker on this forum who says I am a liar and as *** for saying these words to you is either insane, or their nuts have not dropped. You bought an extremely powerful and dangerous bike. It has a buttload of power, and you have NO clue as how to handle it.

Drivers who use high-performance racing motorcycles are being killed at a rate nearly four times higher than those who navigate all other types of bikes, finds a U.S. study.
These bikes made up less than 10 per cent of registered motorcycles in 2005 but accounted for over 25 per cent of rider deaths. Their insurance losses were elevated, too
Supersport drivers: 22.5 per 10,000
Sport and unclad sport bikes: 10.7 per 10,000
Cruisers and standard motorcycles: 5.7 per 10,000
Touring motorcycles: 6.5 per 10,000
Other/unknown: 4.3 per 10,000
Between 2000 and 2005, overall motorcycle driver deaths rose 59 per cent in the U.S. Meanwhile, the overall death rate climbed to 7.5 driver deaths per 10,000 from 7.1
and it seemed everyone was attributing this to baby boomers buying their Harleys and driving off the road because they lacked the skills and reflexes of the younger riders, at least that was the common theme. But a funny thing happened when they looked closer. It was instead the young riders on the Gixxers and Ninjas who were crashing and killing themselves. On top of the deaths, the collision and theft losses were far higher in the supersport category, leading the pack for those numbers was the Kawasaki ZX-10R.
I am all for guys buying and riding bikes. It just scares me that you started out on something that you really have NO business being on. Just my opinions backed by numbers.

God bless ya man. You are gonna need it. I cannot tell, because I am into cruisers...but I hope that bike is a 250, and not a 600!

Old 05-03-2008, 02:39 AM
Hey guys, that bike looks like the newish GS500. It's really only a crotch rocket in appearance. It's fairly underpowered as far as sportbikes go and is a fairly good beginner bike. I would have pointed you toward an SV650 for a bike to grow with but that's not a bad learner.

Go take the MSF course though. It's always good to start out with the right habits. Nice to see you've got a lid. Get a jacket and some gloves at least. Pick up one of the mesh jackets since you are in Florida. I crashed one of my bikes in August in Texas, which is damn hot. I kept the shredded jacket around to remind me that crashes even happen in hot weather and that it could have been my skin instead of the jacket.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:29 AM
Well thanks for all the concerns. I have ridden a little, but definately no professional. To put some of your minds at rest though it is a smaller bike.
GixxerJason is correct. A crotch rocket in appearance only. It's a 2007Suzuki GS 500F. A bike that is a great for beginners and has more than enough power for me (I'm used to going 0-60 in 5 MILES with the truck so anything is quicker than that). I already have an appointment with the motorcycle safte class and plan on getting one of the nicer jackets with armor in place. I have read all the books and heard all the stats so I'm familiar with the numbers. I'm not a speed freak (believe me on that) but it's the other drivers out there that I have to watch out for (especially with all the elderly drivers in FL.). Going back to work and running errands around town is the main purpose, but as for interstate riding....not quite there yet. I consider myself a smart individual with common sense and know my limitations.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Nice choice for a beginning rider. Are you taking the MSF course? The only thing that I would be worried about are all the damn cars in Tampa. That place is a concrete jungle!

Old 05-03-2008, 08:40 AM
With the price of gas now I'll be riding more also...here is my bike...

Old 05-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
You take the MSF beginner's riding course. They furnish a small bike and teach you how to ride it.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by osbornk
You take the MSF beginner's riding course. They furnish a small bike and teach you how to ride it.
Ya when I first started driving I rented a car for a while just to make sure driving was for me. Haha give me a break guys! Sure street bikes are dangerous as hell, but it sounds like he is taking all the steps to be safe with it and bought a low powered bike. How about letting him enjoy his new toy, and I am sure he will have no problem learning how to ride.

Quick Reply: My answer to high gas prices!!!