Need some girl advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Thanks for the info guys... I gave it a try today on a girl that I already knew she had a boyfriend. It worked well... now to try it on some other girls.

This might get quite interesting.

Last edited by ManualF150; 05-06-2008 at 10:30 PM. Reason: ManualF150 might get a girlfriend sooner than he thinks... but he forgot to set the e-brake and got ran over by his own truck
Old 05-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow this thread took one hell of a turn for the worse

Old 05-07-2008, 02:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dirt bike dave
A 'woman advice' thread on F150 that actually has lots of excellent info and advice!

I know several couples that got married at 17 - 21 that are still together. And I know a lot more that broke up because one of them needed to 'grow up' and was missing out on what they wanted in life, and thought being single again was the way to start finding it.

Anyways, to the OP it sounds like she needs to grow up a lot, even if she is the 'one' for you. Give her space and try to let your heart (and ego) move on. It sucks and takes time, I know, but the more you dwell on it the more it hurts. Maybe you'll get back together down the road, but don't hold out for that possibility.

Hey Rose, any womanly advice for Manual since he decided to jack this thread instead of make his own?
To tell you the truth, I didn't even read his entire post. I'll check it out and get back to you...

Old 05-07-2008, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
shhhhh! common sense on the Internets!? What're you thinkin' Rose. j/k
Oops! I slipped!! My bad...

Old 05-07-2008, 02:17 AM
1. You went to a truck forum for girl advice? WTF
2. You're 21, shes 18. Just get some one older
3. At 18, girls dont know what the **** they want.
4. Dump her, shes already going nuts-o.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:20 AM
Originally Posted by scott1981
Manual don't put chicks on a pedestal. For every "Perfect 10" girl I can show you atleast 1 guy who is tired of putting up with her ****. Start to believe this bitch is lucky to even have a chance to be with you. You are the best thing that will ever happen to her. Chicks can read confidence, or lack of, from a mile away & I have a feeling you have little to none. Believe in yourself and chicks will too, they are not smart enough to make their own decisions.
Excuse me?? I've been thinking for myself and making my own decisions since before you were a gleam in your daddies eye...

Old 05-07-2008, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
Thanks for the info guys... I gave it a try today on a girl that I already knew she had a boyfriend. It worked well... now to try it on some other girls.

cut the chase... just write your phone number on a hundred dollar bill and pass it to her.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:46 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wild-mtn-rose
Excuse me?? I've been thinking for myself and making my own decisions since before you were a gleam in your daddies eye...
LOL love that one.
dude the girl flipped out, i got a kid outta a similar situation and a crazy/drunk/psychotic ex outta the deal. but i'd honestly say since im 21, chin up and do something to busy your mind until its not a big deal. you'll run into a girl sometime soon enough. just smile politely in public.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:59 AM
OK...Some thoughts for ManualF150...

First of all, not all women are uninterested in men who are nerdy and shy. To some women that's a turn on. You just haven't found the right one yet. And who says you can't talk to a woman who has a boyfriend, maybe she'll find you more to her liking and dump the chump. You have nothing to lose by trying. Just don't make a habit of asking every single girl in your town on a date, you'll have everyone thinking you're hard up.

Out of curiosity, where is it you are looking for women? You should be looking in places that you feel the most comfortable because if you meet someone in a comfortable environment, chances are you're going to be more relaxed and able to be yourself. Plus if they're hanging out where you hang out then you probably have at least one thing in common. That's the best way to turn a woman's head toward you, find someone who shares your interests. If you normally hang out at the beach, look for women at the beach, if you normally hang out at the library, look for women at the library...you see where I'm going with this?

I wouldn't recommend just walking up to a stranger and asking them if they want to hang out. If you know the girl that would be acceptable but if they are a complete stranger, a little small talk would probably be the place to start. Take note of what she's doing and try to think of something to say to start a conversation. If she's standing in an aisle at Best Buy looking at comedy movies, casually walk up, pick up a movie you've seen that you liked and say "Have you seen this one? It's really funny" If she's not a total bitch she'll answer you and you can take it from there. Eventually introducing yourself and maybe asking if she'd like to go get something to drink. Don't make it sound like a date the first time, just two thirsty people going to MacDonald's for a coke.

The age old ritual of dating is really not difficult or mysterious, you just need to relax and take it one step at a time. Realize the first woman you date may not become your "girlfriend", maybe not the second one either but eventually you'll connect with someone and there you'll be. Good luck!

(Oops CrAz3D, did I just do it again?? )

Old 05-07-2008, 04:03 AM
Originally Posted by jk007
FWIW - 21 is too young to get married, 18 and married is just insane. No offense to WMR, but that was 30 years ago.

- The times, they are a changin'. If you look at the divorce rate in this country, it is better than 50%, probably closer to 60%. She just got her license and hasn't even started adult hood yet. You're 3 years into adult hood and can now legally drink.

If it were me and I was in your shoes, I'd cut her loose for the time being. Believe me, being 21 and single (especially in the summertime) only has its advantages. If she really loves you and you love her, you guys will get back together. But I can almost promise you that if you guys get married this young, divorce is inevitable. No one says you have to stop dating each other, but if she is comtemplating a break, give it too her. Tell her you gave it some thought and you think she's right, some time apart and seeing
other people might be good so you can both figure out what you really want. Get out there and find some 'drunken strange'
28!! Damn dude!! When you get to be my age you don't round up!!!

That's one of the saddest commentary's on todays youth, they get married without commitment in mind. No, their idea of marriage is "Oh well, we'll try it for a couple of years, if it doesn't work we can get a divorce." I weep for our future...

Last edited by wild-mtn-rose; 05-07-2008 at 04:06 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:24 AM
My girlfriend is actually sitting right next to me and as far as a womens opinion goes the first advice on this thread was the best advice. Someone whos that erradic with her feelings isnt ready to settle down for something so serious like marriage. I know youve heard this like ten times already but your 21 you got ALOT of time.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
Please read as ignorant and scared of women. Also understand you probably have latent homo tendencies.

Please read ignorant, and scared of women. Also understand you probably have latent homo tendencies. You might try buying several cats...

LATENT HOMO TENDENCIES...

Hang with the girls so yall can score guys...

If the boyfriends are idiots, then why don't they LOVE you?

But not too good for dudes...

You are... Just have a sex change...

Cool, you are a butch homo...

We all see it and know whats up... give in, its a sin, but be happy

post of the year nomination PLEASE

Old 05-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wild-mtn-rose
OK...Some thoughts for ManualF150...

First of all, not all women are uninterested in men who are nerdy and shy. To some women that's a turn on. You just haven't found the right one yet. And who says you can't talk to a woman who has a boyfriend, maybe she'll find you more to her liking and dump the chump. You have nothing to lose by trying. Just don't make a habit of asking every single girl in your town on a date, you'll have everyone thinking you're hard up.

Out of curiosity, where is it you are looking for women? You should be looking in places that you feel the most comfortable because if you meet someone in a comfortable environment, chances are you're going to be more relaxed and able to be yourself. Plus if they're hanging out where you hang out then you probably have at least one thing in common. That's the best way to turn a woman's head toward you, find someone who shares your interests. If you normally hang out at the beach, look for women at the beach, if you normally hang out at the library, look for women at the library...you see where I'm going with this?

I wouldn't recommend just walking up to a stranger and asking them if they want to hang out. If you know the girl that would be acceptable but if they are a complete stranger, a little small talk would probably be the place to start. Take note of what she's doing and try to think of something to say to start a conversation. If she's standing in an aisle at Best Buy looking at comedy movies, casually walk up, pick up a movie you've seen that you liked and say "Have you seen this one? It's really funny" If she's not a total bitch she'll answer you and you can take it from there. Eventually introducing yourself and maybe asking if she'd like to go get something to drink. Don't make it sound like a date the first time, just two thirsty people going to MacDonald's for a coke.

The age old ritual of dating is really not difficult or mysterious, you just need to relax and take it one step at a time. Realize the first woman you date may not become your "girlfriend", maybe not the second one either but eventually you'll connect with someone and there you'll be. Good luck!

(Oops CrAz3D, did I just do it again?? )

Glad to have you back, great advice (and I missed that)

I wish i had someone to talk about girls back in my youth days. I had simular problems and they all worked out. But that was 35 years ago and I don't want to go back to that.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Interesting advice.

I guess I need more confidence... hmm... How do I gain confidence?!
Dude, forget everbodies advice and just get a real girl! You can name her "Bianca" too. Just think, when everyone finds out you have a girlfiend, they'll "Love You"! Funny how that works? Girls, for some reason want to know you better when you're already hooked up.

Follow my advice! It will get you going. In the mean time, "Bianca" who is anatomically correct can satisfy all your needs! And what better than a girlfriend who doesn't yap back, but does listen. She'll be perfect, since you'll be picking every physical aspect about her!

So get your, "Bianca" @ realdoll.com

Your welcome... friend!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:48 AM

Quick Reply: Need some girl advice