Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Actually, I kind of like the looks of them but heard they are problem vehicles. Hope it is a good one.
Its growing on me haha. Really? Hmmm have to so reading up... I got a 2 year powertrain+gasket and seals warranty thrown in plus the dealer must ave faith in it because they are delivering it to me free of charge (they are 6 hours away) and if anything I dont like about it in 30 days it goes back free of charge

Old 05-06-2012, 11:49 AM
4.2 l v6 engine problem HELP

Hello people im new on here wonder if some one could help me out.I have a 2005 F-150 with the 4.2 lt automatic.About a week agoe a drove across the city,when i pulled in and parked i could here pinging,grinding noises and engine was running rough.At first i thought it was a pully ,so i removed the belt and found no bad pullys.Yesterday i drove the truck and the only symptom i had was a rough idle.
Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by shifty219
Help me guys for I have sinned.... I may have purchased a Dodge!
So my financing fell through trying to get the Edge, I ran into some bad credit that I didnt know about. Anywho, with some looking around in our guidelines (ours and the banks) we found a 2008 Dodge Nitro for a great price in southern Ontario. I know there kinda ugly but it fits our needs for now... We will hang on to this for a bit then upgrade to the Edge once my credit gets back up
Looks nice!

My wife has a tahoe.....it has four wheels and goes....i wont hold it against you....but i might remind you of it occasionally ......

Old 05-06-2012, 01:00 PM

Between yesterday and today took down 250 feet of old holy 4" pipe and put new back in its place.....25 feet in the air and using extension ladders....we only could use a scissor lift to feed the pipe into the area we were working....

Old 05-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by MrSmith
Hello people im new on here wonder if some one could help me out.I have a 2005 F-150 with the 4.2 lt automatic.About a week agoe a drove across the city,when i pulled in and parked i could here pinging,grinding noises and engine was running rough.At first i thought it was a pully ,so i removed the belt and found no bad pullys.Yesterday i drove the truck and the only symptom i had was a rough idle.
Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.
This needs to be in the V6 forum. I will start you a thread there and hopefully, you will get some comments.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Ok Thanks Blue Jay...

Old 05-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Just got in from the track. Had a bit of a spill, came off completely sideways off a step up style jump. Smacked my head pretty hard but Im ok.... My bike is done tho
So far what I can tell the rad is ripped open, gas tank is ripped, and the bars are toast....

Old 05-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Put 522 miles on the truck today. I'm exhausted, I hate the PA Turn Pike. Truck ran great and got a hair over 20mpg for the trip which is the best I've seen. However the truck did something that it's never done before and I'm not sure if it's normal or not.

I was on a back road close to the guys house I was meeting and it was very hilly. There was one hill that I went up that was 2 miles long. I was holding it at 40mph between 2500-2700 RPMs and the transmission temp went up to 186*. I was about half way up the hill and the truck all of a sudden shifted into OD so I hit the button since it was lugging so bad and nothing happened, still in OD. I had to push the pedal to the floor to get it out of OD.
Then on the way down the other side which was about 3 miles long I coasted the whole way doing 50-60mph. I thought I felt something so I look down at the tach and it's jumping anywhere from 1000RPMs to 1400RPMs which I'm assuming was the torque converter locking/unlocking. I hit the gas a few times and it would take right off without a flinch but as soon as I let off the gas it'd start doing it again.

So the question is, why in the hell was it locking/unlocking the converter while I was coasting? Is it some way it cools the transmission back down, because it seemed like when it got back down to low to mid 160's it quit doing it and stayed between 150 and 155* (where it's normally at) after that for the rest of the trip back home.

Last edited by MTM Ford; 05-06-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:40 PM

My chevy is really getting on my nerves. In 8000 miles the entire front end has grenaded on me. I have replaced upper and lower ball joints both sides, inner and outer tie rod ends both sides, hub assembly both sides, idler arm, idler arm bearing, passenger cv axle, drivers outer cv boot. This isn't including the oil cooler lines, front crank seal, valve cover gaskets, trans service with full fluid exchange, u joints, blower motor resistor, cdr (retardedly expensive diesel pcv valve), all new glow plugs, lower rad hose, thermostat, and starter that I have already replaced. Better last till christmas now

Old 05-06-2012, 10:46 PM

For my birthday today.....

I got to drive a z06 vette in a parade.....

and with me was Miss South Dakota!

and my copilot was my daughter....

that was my present from my wife's sister

Old 05-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by 88racing
For my birthday today.....

I got to drive a z06 vette in a parade.....

and with me was Miss South Dakota!

and my copilot was my daughter....

that was my present from my wife's sister
Nice!

Old 05-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Nice 88! Headed for Brownsb oro in about 10 min

Old 05-06-2012, 11:47 PM

I had to laugh...My daughter just was emulating Miss SD so bad during the parade and how she waved and my daughter's aunt got her a dress, some gloves,a sash, and a crown to wear in the parade.....it was beneath my daughter to throw candy too! she just sat there and waved....darn, I wished I could've gotten a picture of it....scary but hilarious...

Old 05-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Gotts2BMe
My chevy is really getting on my nerves. In 8000 miles the entire front end has grenaded on me. I have replaced upper and lower ball joints both sides, inner and outer tie rod ends both sides, hub assembly both sides, idler arm, idler arm bearing, passenger cv axle, drivers outer cv boot. This isn't including the oil cooler lines, front crank seal, valve cover gaskets, trans service with full fluid exchange, u joints, blower motor resistor, cdr (retardedly expensive diesel pcv valve), all new glow plugs, lower rad hose, thermostat, and starter that I have already replaced. Better last till christmas now
Like a Rock!

Old 05-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Gotts2BMe
"the longest lasting most dependable truck on the road"

*ahem... cough cough

Quick Reply: Let's start over......