Vasectomy

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shoot, id make the woman have whatever surgery is combatable for them. i mean, they use to having dr.s probe around there anyways.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by gators241987
shoot, id make the woman have....
ah yes, to be 20 again when I had all the answers.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Raoul
ah yes, to be 20 again when I had all the answers.
and fertile.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by jk007
You guys who are thinking about a vasectomy because you're either married or planning on staying with the same girl forever should look into a procedure called Escher (sp?)...

Basically, the procedure took an hour and a half and it is done on the female. To my understanding, some types of springs are inserted into the tubes, not allowing them to have children anymore. It is more effective than a vasectomy and my wife came home the same day. It is fairly new but has something like a 99% success rate. My wife and I talked to the Doctor initially about a vasectomy for me, but he recommended this instead. We went forward with it and she was around and about doing her normal activity the following day. I'm no doctor but it is certainly worth an inquiry. There were only a few doctors that did it in Michigan because it was such a new procedure, but it's been about a year now. Just something for you guys to look into a little more as an alternative.
What you are referring to sounds like what my Fiance had done last year. Its a form of Birth Control call Mirena. It has some hormone stuff and also closes off access to the tubes from the little kylariat swimmers. It is completely reversible and is good for up to 5 years. We are still young and want kids someday just not in the next few years.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It really is not that big of a deal. They give you a couple of quick shots in your boys to numb them up and from there the whole thing took 15 minutes at most. I used a bag of shaved ice for that day and some the next. I had it done on a Friday and I was back to normal on Monday.

A buddy of mine was not so lucky. I guess his tubes were WAY back there and they had to do a lot of digging around. He was in a lot of pain, black and blue, etc. He said they were close to sending him in for surgery. Maybe have a nurse feel around good at your initial visit to make sure they can find your tubes easily.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by BlueFlareside
It really is not that big of a deal. They give you a couple of quick shots in your boys to numb them up and from there the whole thing took 15 minutes at most. I used a bag of shaved ice for that day and some the next. I had it done on a Friday and I was back to normal on Monday.

A buddy of mine was not so lucky. I guess his tubes were WAY back there and they had to do a lot of digging around. He was in a lot of pain, black and blue, etc. He said they were close to sending him in for surgery. Maybe have a nurse feel around good at your initial visit to make sure they can find your tubes easily.
Wanna recommend any places?

Old 02-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by BlueFlareside

Only if she is hot!! Then you might have to explain why you pitched a tent!

Old 02-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 2005lariatky
Only if she is hot!! Then you might have to explain why you pitched a tent!
I almost forgot.
A week or so after the procedure you have to go back with a "sample" so they can test it to make sure you're fixed.

Rule two:
The sample cannot be more than one hour old.

The way this is usually handled is they give you a cup and send you to the Men's Room out in the lobby.

The sounds from all the stalls is a riot.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Raoul
I almost forgot.
A week or so after the procedure you have to go back with a "sample" so they can test it to make sure you're fixed.

Rule two:
The sample cannot be more than one hour old.

The way this is usually handled is they give you a cup and send you to the Men's Room out in the lobby.

The sounds from all the stalls is a riot.
Now see, that's where they need a nurse, or at least one of those glory holes.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:30 PM
this thread makes my ***** hurt just thinkin about it

Old 02-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by alsupercab
this thread makes my ***** hurt just thinkin about it
**** yes it does dude.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Jditta
**** yes it does dude.
You have *****?

Old 02-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Dad said it felt like a giant kick in the nuts for a week.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by 2005lariatky
What you are referring to sounds like what my Fiance had done last year. Its a form of Birth Control call Mirena. It has some hormone stuff and also closes off access to the tubes from the little kylariat swimmers. It is completely reversible and is good for up to 5 years. We are still young and want kids someday just not in the next few years.
Actually, it's not the same thing. This is called Essure and it is permanent. Definately something to look into if you don't want to go down the vasectomy road... Here's some info:

http://www.essure.com/Home/Understan...5/Default.aspx

Old 02-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by wadespencer99
So I've been considering this as well. I'm 31 and married, and neither my wife or I want kids. The thing I'm most curious about is the cost. My insurance at my job realllly sucks, and gets worse every year it seems like.

Anyone have any insight into that? Thanks.

I actually have a DIY kit. very cost effective and I guarantee results. The only down fall is that it is not reversible. You have a couple choices when it comes to anesthetics as well....

Aluminum...

or wood...

Quick Reply: Vasectomy