Money

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Graphics Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150
I work, and I still have tons of time to party... pay for my truck, and do crazy and ugly mods.

Someone told me the other day that my truck was the most disgusting thing he's ever witnessed as a F150.
That guy must have beat me to it, but there's a good chance you're lying anyway.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Donate plasma.

Or save your money, but at 18 I would have probably do the same as you if I didn't have college coming up. On the bright side, you are young enough that if you really screw up financially...you learn from that mistake and move on.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Donating plasma isn't a bad idea..you can make 50 bucks a week at that!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
At 18, does he really need to spend all his time working for a toy? Would his time not be better served enjoying his youth, rather that working?
Of course not! It's not like he's going to put a 15k lift on the truck (or are you 04 f150?). Besides, working for something you really want teaches values, a hard trait to find nowadays in our youth.

ManualF150 I work, and I still have tons of time to party... pay for my truck, and do crazy and ugly mods.

Exactly

NCSU_05_FX4You mean steals it from construction sites? There's quite a problem with that as the price for copper keeps going up...
That's for sure, big problem.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Save every dime you can. I cashed checks before the ink could dry when I was 18ish, and I'm still kicking myself to this day. I'd been good to put the money I spent on stupid stuff into an IRA instead.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:56 PM
This is what you do. You go buy some candy from Sam's Club (in bulk) then drive to every subdivision and take your little sister house to house (walk with her) and have her sale candy for $1 each. At the end of the day you take her to walmart and buy her a toy and you pocket the rest. Be sure you tell her to give some BS story about how the money is going to go to towards something like a spring field trip for her class.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:08 PM
If you're going to college, take out a little extra on the student loan...

Old 02-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Quintin
Save every dime you can.
Exactly! i save all of my change, down to every last penny. Then i go the coinstar every like 2-3 months and walk out with 150-200 dollars cash! MOD MONEY!!

Old 02-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Remember to make that truck payment every month. My wife's family owns a repo company here and I can't tell you how many cars/trucks we pick up because the idiot put rims on it instead of making the payment. Funny thing though... the rims they paid so much for still come with us when we take the car. (as would any other mods that are "attached" to the vehicle)

Old 03-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by patrickh5116
... the rims they paid so much for still come with us when we take the car. (as would any other mods that are "attached" to the vehicle)
Is that legal? Do the value of the rims count towards the debt on car? Sounds kinda like theft if you guys take something that'd been paid for, and wasn't part of the original item to be repo'd.

- NCSU

Old 03-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Well, in real estate when selling a house you can't rip out light fixtures or pull shrubs out of the ground. It all conveys unless otherwise stated.

If you could start removing parts before a repo where would it stop?
An aftermarket sound system would leave a gaping hole in the dash.
You keep the rims how does the rubber connect to the vehicle?
Aftermarket paint job would mean you could go at it with a razorblade to get your paint off.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by '04 F150
Im 18 in school I have a job but it only pays the basics truck payment, insurance, gas, lunch ect. I need some saving up cash to get a 8" lift. Know anyways, anything goes!
Last time I checked, "the basics" were food, shelter, and heat...maybe clothing.

If you had to pay for the "real" basics, where would you be? Out on your a$$. Quit perpetuating the myth that Americans have to have everything right now, and wait until you've earned the toys.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Dillon
Last time I checked, "the basics" were food, shelter, and heat...maybe clothing..
It's food, shelter and heat...

Old 03-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Matt Dillon
Last time I checked, "the basics" were food, shelter, and heat...maybe clothing.

If you had to pay for the "real" basics, where would you be? Out on your a$$. Quit perpetuating the myth that Americans have to have everything right now, and wait until you've earned the toys.
His question was what can he do to earn some extra dough to play with, not how his order of priorities ranked with the general consensus.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Raoul
Well, in real estate when selling a house you can't rip out light fixtures or pull shrubs out of the ground. It all conveys unless otherwise stated.

If you could start removing parts before a repo where would it stop?
An aftermarket sound system would leave a gaping hole in the dash.
You keep the rims how does the rubber connect to the vehicle?
Aftermarket paint job would mean you could go at it with a razorblade to get your paint off.
I see what you're getting at, but I still don't agree.

If I bought an aftermarket sound system I would rip it out first, the problem of the gaping holes belong to whoever's going to try and resell it. If I sold my house with the built in sound system I'd probably leave the speakers, but take the receiver, CD player, DVD player, etc when I moved.

I guess the people that have these problems probably don't think far enough ahead to keep their stock items, just in case something like this happens.

It just seems to me that a repo company shouldn't be able to take anything except the originally purchased item. I mean, what if the guy leaves his wallet in the car, does that now belong to the repo people too?

- NCSU

Quick Reply: Money