Brock Lesnar: Real Deal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brock Lesnar: Real Deal?

With all the hype about the Big Game this past weekend, I havent seen any posts about the UFC fights on Saturday night. You know, the one where Frank Mir tapped out Big Bad Brock Lesnar?! I pose this question...who thinks he's actually gonna turn out to be a star in the UFC and who thinks it was a publicity stunt.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:31 PM
I didn't see the fight yet but everyone said Lesnar was seriously pounding on Mir before he got the leg lock. Not bad considering this was Lesnar's second fight. Guess we'll have to see over his next few whether he can cut it or not.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Here is the fight for free. Scroll down a bit once you get to the page.

http://www.mmatko.com/brock-lesnar-v...-video-ufc-81/

Old 02-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Graphics Contributor
i remember that guy being in the WWF

Old 02-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by JBMX928
i remember that guy being in the WWF
Bc he was, well WWE, but you get the idea. Lesnar was beatingh the **** out of him, but that was Mir's plan. Lesnar got way to close and just kept punching and Mir just got underneath his leg and got it locked. Lesnar needs some mroe training IMO, he can't just go beat the crap out of people.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Jditta
Bc he was, well WWE, but you get the idea. Lesnar was beatingh the **** out of him, but that was Mir's plan. Lesnar got way to close and just kept punching and Mir just got underneath his leg and got it locked. Lesnar needs some mroe training IMO, he can't just go beat the crap out of people.
Which begs the question: How long do you think it will take him to get out of the "Beat the **** out of him" phase and actually become an MMA fighter? I personally would love to see him succeed because I know he's the real thing in amateur wrestling. He's got the championships to prove it. I just wonder if he can turn it around to making a good show in the UFC.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
With some more experience from fights under his belt, I'm sure he will be quite a force to reckon with!..............I remember Sable from WWE, she is one HOT Tamolie!..........

Old 02-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Him and Kimbo Slice, dang....now that I think about it, Brock vs Kimbo, that would be gnarly! Street fighter against wrestling entertainment star, haha
I think Lesnar will be in a few fights, and slowly fade away

Old 02-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i look at lesnar and see so much potential. he totally manhandle the other guy, he just got ahead of himself.

i can already think of the big money maker, lesnar vs. shamrock battle of the wwe stars.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
i look at lesnar and see so much potential. he totally manhandle the other guy, he just got ahead of himself.

i can already think of the big money maker, lesnar vs. shamrock battle of the wwe stars.
Shamrock was UFC LOOOONG before he went WWE. Shamrock was in the very first UFC pay-per-view. But he's retired now and I dont see that match happenin.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Ken Shamrock is the man but Lesnar has to outweigh him by about 60 or 70 lbs they are in different weight classes aren't they? Shamrock is retired so that fight will never happen. Brock lesnar joined the WWE instead of the UFC for the same reason Shamrock did there was way more money to be made as a WWE superstar. Lesnar just got ahead of himself, hell even frank mir said Brock was really good. It isn't the first time he has lost a big fight, he lost his first championship match in college wrestling by making a stupid move. You learn from mistakes and come back better, he will be a great contender when he learns to balance skill with all that explosive power he has.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Arctic Cat F7
Here is the fight for free. Scroll down a bit once you get to the page.

http://www.mmatko.com/brock-lesnar-v...-video-ufc-81/
Thanks for the link!

Man I dunno if Lesnar is going to make it in the top tier after watching that fight. It does not look like he knew what to do on the ground too well and once he gets into a standup with someone like Arlovski or Sylvia I think he's going out on his back.

As for Ken Shamrock he had lost 4 out of 5 of his last fights and was washed up.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As for Ken Shamrock he had lost 4 out of 5 of his last fights and was washed up.
so is roy jones, yet he can still make some big money. tyson went way to long and still was a big money draw.

chuck lidell lost 2 in a row and still makes the top pay. a big payday isnt always about seeing the 2 best fighter.

all i am saying is that from a marketing standpoint it could be a big money fight. Not to many fighter that wont un-retire if the money is right. also all fighters think they have one more good fight in them.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by Jditta
Lesnar needs some mroe training IMO, he can't just go beat the crap out of people.

More training than what? He is a better wrestler than probably anyone in UFC. And beating the crap out of people is what MMA is all about. No one wants to see 15 minutes of mat fighting. That gets old very fast.

Besides, the match ending was crap. Brock owned him for that match. He is more than capable. He is just green. He needs to spend more time watching matches to see how guys like Mir wuss out.

Last edited by J-150; 02-06-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by J-150
Besides, the match ending was crap. Brock owned him for that match. He is more than capable. He is just green. He needs to spend more time watching matches to see how guys like Mir wuss out.
Crap or not a good quick move is what it takes sometimes. IMO you have to make it though at least one round before you can own someone. I like the mat fighting there is alot of Positioning/Strategy. Dont get me wrong a stand up KO is sweet

brock needs to work on ground and submissions you can't win them all by pounding away....but catch a guy with a knee bar and they wuss out quick

Quick Reply: Brock Lesnar: Real Deal?