Would you keep the pet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gixxerjasen
And there's exactly what you should have posted right from the beginning. I can totally respect that post and that point of view. It's the first post you've put on here that garners any respect whatsoever, no offense.
You just irked me with your post...It rubbed me the wrong way. If the comment was not directed your way, you would have laughed.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Why is this such a big deal. Shes saying that she thought it was the childs fault because clearly the kid was anoying the dog. The dog would bite any one that did that, most dogs will bark/scratch/bite when they get annoyed.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
1) I know some parents whose child was killed by their chow...
I hope you went right over to those parents and told them what an awful job they did with their parenting. Be sure to let them they "ain't real bright" while you're at it.

2) My brother in laws chow snapped at my two year old nephew, and could have ripped his eye out
Hope you said the same thing to your brother-in-law and sister.

You uh...don't get sarcasm do ya?
Oh yeah, I get it just fine. Thanks for asking

- NCSU

Old 01-29-2008, 04:10 PM
FWIW - I have a Greyhound Husky (Mr. Wendel) mix that has been with us for about a year and a half. He was a rescue. I also have a 3 and half year old Lab (Mr. Bojangles)...

My daughter who is 3 and son who is 1, play pretty rough with both of them. Pulling their ears, jumping on them when they are laying down, hugging them when they are eating, etc...

Mr. Wendel growled initially when my daughter was playing rough, but I put him in his place immediately. The 3 year old has gotten better but the 1 year old is still pretty rough. Since that one day of the rescue dog growling, there have been no other issues.

So for me, I blame the owner/mother for not spending the time and effort of getting her dog use to the childs behavior. It's tough to place blame on the dog if he was never properly introduced to the childs behavior but on that same note, if one of my 2 dogs attacked one of my kids, they'd be gone for sure. IMO, the mother should try to find another home for the dog and then work on her dog training and parenting skills...

Old 01-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by nuclearthreat54
Why is this such a big deal. Shes saying that she thought it was the childs fault because clearly the kid was anoying the dog. The dog would bite any one that did that, most dogs will bark/scratch/bite when they get annoyed.
I now direct my comments toward nuclearthreat...

Dear Nuclearthreat,
Yeah! Another voice from Trailer Trash Park...
The kids two! Obviously, you know nothing about kids...
Please have a vascectomy performed ASAP, and please, please always wear a rubber. Not for your protection...but for ours!

Old 01-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Suspended
Old 01-29-2008, 04:12 PM

Ding Ding Ding! Most sensible people can understand that, most of the discussion arose from Shine's less than courteous responses.

Oh, Shine, there is a difference between "picking the dog over their kid" and not killing the dog. I'm starting to doubt if you can see the difference though.

- NCSU

Old 01-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Suspended
You should never have kids...I guess that saying it this way is much more polite.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Ding Ding Ding! Most sensible people can understand that, most of the discussion arose from Shine's less than courteous responses.

Oh, Shine, there is a difference between "picking the dog over their kid" and not killing the dog. I'm starting to doubt if you can see the difference though.

- NCSU
How can I see the difference when I never said "kill the dog?" She blamed the kid...Most here seem to agree that it was neither the dogs or the kids fault. It was the mothers fault. You for some reason dont seem to get that her ovarian tubes should be ripped out...

Artic Cat said
That dog would have 4 180 grain 30-06 shells in him. Period.
It happened once, it will happen again.
Not sure that I don't disagree with him...

Old 01-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jk007
... IMO, the mother should try to find another home for the dog and then work on her dog training and parenting skills...
Agree with that.
No where did I read that corrective action was taken.

That dog still thinks he's #2 and the kid is #3, dangerous situation for a two year old.

My girls could do anything to our 100 lb shepherd and he'd go done and expose his belly, totally submit. Not that they ever tormented him but, he had to know his place.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:20 PM
You should never have kids...I guess that saying it this way is much more polite.
In the same way you can't blame the kid, you can't blame the dog. The only person who is, assumedly, intelligent enough to accept the responsibility for both and child and the dog are the parents/owners.

Some people know how to train their dogs and/or raise their children. You make it sound like every dog out there is bound and determined to eat children, and anyone who would have a dog and child in the same house must be some kind of trash.

I hope you don't teach your kids the same kind of manners and thought processes that your parents taught you.

- NCSU

Old 01-29-2008, 04:22 PM
You for some reason dont seem to get that her ovarian tubes should be ripped out...
Why not take it that last step, just kill the kid she has now cuz she's obviously an unfit mother and will only doom the poor child to a life of poverty, crime and drugs.

- NCSU

Old 01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
1. The kids two? You've said that twice and I have no idea what you are saying.
2. Kids learn hard lessons. You can't protect them from everything. My mom let me climb trees and I fell out and learned some things from that. The kid yanked on the dogs ears despite mom telling him to stop. (which points to other problems and I do think mom is the biggest problem here) He got snapped at and I bet he shows the dog more physical respect. Should the lesson have been learned that way? Heck no! Mom should have pulled him off, smacked his hand, spanked him, etc. He should have learned the lesson from mom, not the dog...but I bet it was a lesson learned none the less. That's hardly picking the dog over the kid.
3. No I would not have laughed. That's quite a presumption on your part.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Suspended
In the same way you can't blame the kid, you can't blame the dog. The only person who is, assumedly, intelligent enough to accept the responsibility for both and child and the dog are the parents/owners.

Some people know how to train their dogs and/or raise their children. You make it sound like every dog out there is bound and determined to eat children, and anyone who would have a dog and child in the same house must be some kind of trash.

I hope you don't teach your kids the same kind of manners and thought processes that your parents taught you.

- NCSU
I blasted Gixxer for blaming the media and not the mother...

You just love putting words in my mouth don't ya...

Oh yeah, I do have a Golden in the house. He was trained to accept kids from the day he was brought home. Six years before my child was born.

What I will teach my daughter...is not to shoot her mouth off before CORRECTLY understanding a situation.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Suspended
Why not take it that last step, just kill the kid she has now cuz she's obviously an unfit mother and will only doom the poor child to a life of poverty, crime and drugs.

- NCSU
I think killing the kid is a little unrealistic and uncivilized...the mothers ovarian tubes make a little more sense...

Quick Reply: Would you keep the pet?