Would you keep the pet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
You wont respond...yet you say you hate the bullying, and name calling and people who know everything...WTF

I AM SORRY THAT I DEFENDED A TWO YEAR OLD WHO GOT BIT BY HIS WHITE TRASH MOTHERS DOG!

I am terrible...
I'll respond. The child and the dog both probably need to be removed from the mother. I really don't think the story is enough to make a knowedgable decision as to what needs to be done. I do think the dog was only doing what is natural if the child hurt it. I do think the mother is at fault if she leaves a child of that age to crawl over any dog, regardless of the size and breed.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
You called him trailer trash wish runs down both he and people that resides in trailers.

Then the "no breeding" is in a class all it's own.
"A voice from trailer trash park" is a state of mind...not a particular place...

Old 01-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
I'll respond. The child and the dog both probably need to be removed from the mother. I really don't think the story is enough to make a knowedgable decision as to what needs to be done. I do think the dog was only doing what is natural if the child hurt it. I do think the mother is at fault if she leaves a child of that age to crawl over any dog, regardless of the size and breed.
?????

Old 01-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
"A voice from trailer trash park" is a state of mind...not a particular place...
Yeah, I guess he could be the park ranger. Enough.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:27 PM
We had a dog when our daughter was born. He was a mellow dog, and except for playing rough or when another dog messed with him I never saw him even snap at someone much less actually try to attack them.

Even knowing that, I also knew that you can't watch a kid every second of every day and that dogs will by nature attempt to establish their place in the "pack" be it human or animal.

The dog would always growl before snapping, and he growled at our daughter once when she got too close into his space and he didn't want to move. That was the last time it happened, as I established his position in the pack real quickly, and made sure he didn't ever think he was anything but the very bottom of the pack.

After that, if he wasn't in the mood to play and my daughter got too far into his space, he bolted. We never let her mess with him when it was obvious he wasn't in the mood.

Don't get me wrong, I love animals. But not a single one of them will ever be more important than my daughter. That woman should have known better before it happened, and made sure both the dog and the kid knew their place. There isn't the slightest chance I would keep the dog after that, and I would spend a lot of time reconsidering my abilities as a parent, and trying to improve them.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Please read previous posts in this thread...OBTW...I am not the one who did not properly take care of my kid, and let them get get bit by a neighbors dog...

They maybe fantastics kids...but their daddy ain't real bright...
Wow, I never realized what a d-bag you are Shine.

I guess if you have kids they'll be 100% perfect because you raised them right? They'll know if they make a mistake you'll be right there to lay the smackdown. You'll make a wonderful parent.

For the record, I wouldn't put the dog down, but I'd be damn sure to keep an eye on him all the time. Well, at least till the kid's a little older. I think ole Blue hit it on the head with
I really don't think the story is enough to make a knowedgable decision as to what needs to be done.

- NCSU

Old 01-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Wow, I never realized what a d-bag you are Shine.

I guess if you have kids they'll be 100% perfect because you raised them right? They'll know if they make a mistake you'll be right there to lay the smackdown. You'll make a wonderful parent.

For the record, I wouldn't put the dog down, but I'd be damn sure to keep an eye on him all the time. Well, at least till the kid's a little older. I think ole Blue hit it on the head with

- NCSU
Yeah, I am a d-bag...because I defended the kid, and not the dog. Should I make a donation to PETA? WOuld that help?

Old 01-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I am a d-bag
Good, I'm glad we can agree on something.

...because I defended the kid, and not the dog.
No, because you started personally attacking people for no apparent reason.

Should I make a donation to PETA? WOuld that help?
No, please don't. As many people know, the true goal behind PETA is not just to help animals. They are an organization with proven links to domestic terrorism and provide funding to protect those individuals. Do some research, you might be surprised.

- NCSU

Old 01-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by signmaster
We had a dog when our daughter was born. He was a mellow dog, and except for playing rough or when another dog messed with him I never saw him even snap at someone much less actually try to attack them.

Even knowing that, I also knew that you can't watch a kid every second of every day and that dogs will by nature attempt to establish their place in the "pack" be it human or animal.

The dog would always growl before snapping, and he growled at our daughter once when she got too close into his space and he didn't want to move. That was the last time it happened, as I established his position in the pack real quickly, and made sure he didn't ever think he was anything but the very bottom of the pack.

After that, if he wasn't in the mood to play and my daughter got too far into his space, he bolted. We never let her mess with him when it was obvious he wasn't in the mood.

Don't get me wrong, I love animals. But not a single one of them will ever be more important than my daughter. That woman should have known better before it happened, and made sure both the dog and the kid knew their place. There isn't the slightest chance I would keep the dog after that, and I would spend a lot of time reconsidering my abilities as a parent, and trying to improve them.
exactly my thoughts....when I started dating my wife, her son was trying to pet my pit while he was eating on a "cookie", he started growling...I put an end to that just like you did. now, he knows that when he's eating, whomever it is can be in his space...his space is my space I allow him to be in. as for the dog, this is a case where the dog has been babied and most likely never disciplined, he probably rules the roost right now.
her kid will be one hellion when he grows up with that kind of parenting.....

Old 01-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Shines, you were well into the attacks before you ever defended the kid.

Additionally, not one person here has said they'd pick the dog over their kid. In fact, you are the only one who has said that. There's a big difference between not putting the dog down and choosing the dog over the kid.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Suspended
The whole reason that I am so angry about the white trash womans response, and people here in this forum defending the dog, is two fold...

1) I know some parents whose child was killed by their chow...
2) My brother in laws chow snapped at my two year old nephew, and could have ripped his eye out.

A few years later, we were at my brother in laws, and he refused to keep his dog out of the house while my six month old daughter was there. Because of these two instances, I have very strong feelings. If I was childless, I would have never even bothered to post in this thread.

I do not care what anyone thinks of me concerning this issue. I will stand my ground, and blast anyone who says otherwise. If I am thought of as a d-bag, an A$$, or whatever else, I do not have a care....

Old 01-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Good, I'm glad we can agree on something.

No, because you started personally attacking people for no apparent reason.

No, please don't. As many people know, the true goal behind PETA is not just to help animals. They are an organization with proven links to domestic terrorism and provide funding to protect those individuals. Do some research, you might be surprised.

- NCSU
You uh...don't get sarcasm do ya?

Old 01-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by signmaster
We had a dog when our daughter was born.... he growled at our daughter once when she got too close into his space and he didn't want to move. That was the last time it happened, as I established his position in the pack real quickly, and made sure he didn't ever think he was anything but the very bottom of the pack....
Agreed. Imperative that it be done.
My Shepherd knew I was #1 (my wife didn't like that too much).
My daughters were #3 and #4.

I never really knew or cared where the cat fit in.

RIP Bandit. Loyal and true friend.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:56 PM
And there's exactly what you should have posted right from the beginning. I can totally respect that post and that point of view. It's the first post you've put on here that garners any respect whatsoever, no offense.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by gixxerjasen
Shines, you were well into the attacks before you ever defended the kid.

Additionally, not one person here has said they'd pick the dog over their kid. In fact, you are the only one who has said that. There's a big difference between not putting the dog down and choosing the dog over the kid.
I will quote you...

Originally Posted by gixxerjasen
The child was warned not to do it but kept it up. It might sound callous but that's a tough lesson to learn.
Did you mispeak? It just sounds as though you "picked the dog over their kid."

Quick Reply: Would you keep the pet?