Car gets rear ended caught on tape F150/Lightning sighting

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just have to correct one thing here.. the RX7 is NOT a Honda but a Mazda.. just thought I'd correct that. But ya the guy with the RX7 is making it sound like he got rearended and was driving a Porsche or something of importance

Old 08-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Daveg99
That car he hit is a 3rd gen rx7. I am pretty sure they were about $35,000 cars back in the early-mid 90's. They are actually very nice cars and very fast. Probably one of the best handling cars in that price range. Check out this page... http://www.3rdgenrx7.com/. The one on that link is a 12 second car. I love those cars. Then again I used to have a 12 second mitsubishi eclipse and can appreciate a nice turbed import car. I hate all the damn wanna be fast fart can hondas too though. Most true import car tuners hate ricers.

found this too....it was motor trend import car of the year 1993. http://geelongrx7club.tripod.com/rx7...gen/3rdgen.htm
You are correct, I called it an $18K car, from breif research, it appears I was 8 times to high....
The Gen 3 appears that it would have ended in 1993. On carfinder.com 1993 RX7 is only going for betwwen $2K and $5K...

It is a nice car, and would be fun. But not worth crying over, they are a dime a dozen. He should have set a match to it in the middle fo the road, walked away and just bought another one.

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 08-17-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:17 PM
i think the guy in the lincoln did the rx7 owner a favor

Old 08-18-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm in the mood for some kung pao beef and an egg roll.

Old 08-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag
You are correct, I called it an $18K car, from breif research, it appears I was 8 times to high....
The Gen 3 appears that it would have ended in 1993. On carfinder.com 1993 RX7 is only going for betwwen $2K and $5K...

It is a nice car, and would be fun. But not worth crying over, they are a dime a dozen. He should have set a match to it in the middle fo the road, walked away and just bought another one.
2k-5k????? you got some bad information!

most clean 1993-1995 turbo rx7s are still getting 25-35k used! They are in the same class as a toyota supra. here is a link to autotrader.

RX7

I understand that most people on a truck forum wouldnt know the truth about a nice import and I expect people to flame the import guys on here because most of the import kids are punks. But remember there are some true import guys that are not punk kids. I love my ford truck but I bet there are ZERO ford trucks that are 14 years old still bring 30k+!!!!

Last edited by Daveg99; 08-18-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Daveg99
2k-5k????? you got some bad information!

most clean 1993-1995 turbo rx7s are still getting 25-35k used! They are in the same class as a toyota supra. here is a link to autotrader.

RX7

I understand that most people on a truck forum wouldnt know the truth about a nice import and I expect people to flame the import guys on here because most of the import kids are punks. But remember there are some true import guys that are not punk kids. I love my ford truck but I bet there are ZERO ford trucks that are 14 years old still bring 30k+!!!!

RX7's 15K is thehighest on this page.

On Ebay they start at $200 and most expensive is $24K for an RX-7, R1 with several mods.

So it's comparable in price to similar 13 year old lightning.
Neither of which is a town car....

I'm not in the ricer scene, but I do understand some of it. Not the vinyl ricers but the actual ricers.

If it had been someone in a brand new F150, or even a 2003 or so Lightning, and they jumped out and was saying "Do you know what you just hit...."
I would be laughing just as hard, so dont accuse me of being prejudice. It's a moronic statment unless you have a rare, one off, or $100K+ exotic vehicle. It has to be something that is truely irreplaceable or almost irreplaceable and/or something that his insurance policy may not cover fully..... Most policys only cover up to $100K property damage, so ifg the car is worth more than that the n it will be up to the guy that ht him to pay any additional over $100K which is going to mean court and long drwn out process, which is aggrevating but nothing to get a hysterical and act liike a little girl like he did about it.
Other wise it's just a car. Insurance will cover it, Be glad that you are OK, and likely being a Town car, ther is a better than average chance he actually has insurance too. If not then it's time to get frustrated maybe... but not sissy man hysterical. Here in this state, any rear end is the last persons fault, so you know he is going to pony up, so go get yours fixed or go get another one.

So between the "Do you know what you just hit!?" and the "You must have been doing like 100 mph!" comments... the guy in the Mazda was acting like a class A moron.

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 08-18-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:02 PM
The only one I can sympathize with, is I pulled up on a 64' ish Shelby Cobra with less than 1000 miles on the OD, that got pancaked between a Milk Truck and a Grain truck at a stop light. The owner made it out with out a scratch... he had bought the car new and kept it in a climate controled garrage, he only drove it like 13 miles a month, he only took it out once a month. Still had teh factory tires on it. Was in PRESTINE condition.

He was sitting on the curb crying. I wanted to cry with him and it wasnt mine had never seen it beofre..... You didnt hear him yelling..." Do you know what you just hit?!?" I'd probbaly still had to laugh if he would have.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:22 PM
The only one I can sympathize with, is I pulled up on a 64' ish Shelby Cobra with less than 1000 miles on the OD, that got pancaked between a Milk Truck and a Grain truck at a stop light. The owner made it out with out a scratch... he had bought the car new and kept it in a climate controled garrage, he only drove it like 13 miles a month, he only took it out once a month. Still had teh factory tires on it. Was in PRESTINE condition.

He was sitting on the curb crying. I wanted to cry with him and it wasnt mine had never seen it beofre..... You didnt hear him yelling..." Do you know what you just hit?!?" I'd probbaly still had to laugh if he would have.

Never tell us that story again! Now I'm crying!! Jesus!!

Old 08-18-2007, 10:09 PM

Justifiable homicide.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:55 AM
This guy was justified in jumping out and screaming "Do you understand what you just hit?" and probably justified in eliminating the other driver on the spot .. (he didn't .. but it would have been understandable)

then.. thanks to an idiot not paying attention at a stop light ..

the RX-7 guy .. hope he was smart enough with his insurance company selection.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Ohh that turns my stomache... I feel for the guy!

Old 08-19-2007, 05:50 PM

I agree with most on here, why did he have to make a scene on top of one. Sounds like he's attention craving, the car can be fixed and he'll probably get a hell of a payout if he claims neck strain (sounds like the type). I guess I understand how he could be mad but have a heart, the guy certainly didn't mean to.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:18 PM
I can understand the guy had pride in his car. He's lucky that when he started to go off, two or three hoods didn't come piling out of the Lincoln and whack his punk ***.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:05 PM
The car is actually a Grand Marquis, check the video.

Quick Reply: Car gets rear ended caught on tape F150/Lightning sighting