Trucks owned by High Schoolers

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by willys5555
looks good man...im diggin that center console. lol did you make that?
Yeah took a couple trials and errors though! lol and whats hanging from my rear differential is a static strap, it disperses the static so it gets rid of that shock when you get out of the truck and helps from dust sticking to your truck as well!

Old 02-18-2010, 05:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bighahn
Yeah took a couple trials and errors though! lol and whats hanging from my rear differential is a static strap, it disperses the static so it gets rid of that shock when you get out of the truck and helps from dust sticking to your truck as well!
Huh, never heard of that. Does it actually help keep dust off?

Old 02-18-2010, 06:37 AM
I remember when people really used to hang two straps from the back bumper. That was back in the day when curb fealers were cool

I though it was your diff vent tube.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:03 PM
im not in high school but i bought it back in 2008 when i was
this is what it looked liked when i first got it

this is it, about a year back i have done more too it, i just dont have a newer pic

Old 02-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tumba
I remember when people really used to hang two straps from the back bumper. That was back in the day when curb fealers were cool

I though it was your diff vent tube.
Haha it is quite annoying because I get people asking whats hanging under my truck everyday, but yes it works tremendously! I campared before and after and also with my dads 08 black f250 and its like day and night when it comes to how much dust it DOESNT attrack. Very cheap add on as well.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:03 AM
thats ridiculous..... a truck for graduating highschool? get ready for college and a life of pain. youll never learn anything that way

Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Haha it is quite annoying because I get people asking whats hanging under my truck everyday, but yes it works tremendously! I campared before and after and also with my dads 08 black f250 and its like day and night when it comes to how much dust it DOESNT attrack. Very cheap add on as well.
I wish I could understand the science behind the static strap! We already have four tires on the ground, and Rubber is used as an insulator, not a conductor.
So the strap isn't rubber?

Old 03-04-2010, 07:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Maritime2386
thats ridiculous..... a truck for graduating highschool? get ready for college and a life of pain. youll never learn anything that way
i got an 2008 lariat super crew 4x4 for graduating high school 75% MERIT BASED scholarship for university, and im working full time in construction and life isnt a pain its quite rewarding i work for what i have and pretty sure the other guys here within my age range can back that up cuz otherwise we wouldnt be able to pay for and maintain our trucks, and qwuite frankly ive learned alot and can learn more, u my friend sound like a HATER, u sound immature with your miniscule words- and yes it may not be for me but find it offensive because my truck was my grad present, 6 months before i even got outta school

Old 03-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tumba
I wish I could understand the science behind the static strap! We already have four tires on the ground, and Rubber is used as an insulator, not a conductor.
So the strap isn't rubber?
It s rubber with a matalic inlay. It holds alot of static. My friend actually grabbed it one time and it shocked the hell out of him! lol

Old 03-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by fine_style150
i got an 2008 lariat super crew 4x4 for graduating high school 75% MERIT BASED scholarship for university, and im working full time in construction and life isnt a pain its quite rewarding i work for what i have and pretty sure the other guys here within my age range can back that up cuz otherwise we wouldnt be able to pay for and maintain our trucks, and qwuite frankly ive learned alot and can learn more, u my friend sound like a HATER, u sound immature with your miniscule words- and yes it may not be for me but find it offensive because my truck was my grad present, 6 months before i even got outta school
Im in the same boat you are, 2007 f150 for top in class and scholarship! People call me spoiled but i worked my *** off to pay for half of it and I look at it that I wont have to buy another vehicle untill Im set up in my career. One less expense I will have to pay during the broke days of college! lol

Old 03-05-2010, 08:57 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Nothing wrong with that guys... nice job

Old 03-05-2010, 09:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
even after im done with my construction career my baby will be about 5 years old, even then it wont see the construction site!! thats what an xl or xlt is for...stx is all paint dont wanna scratch that lol

Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Okay so im new to this and im trying to find out how to post a picture with my replay, help?, You can go to my photo gallery and see my truck. I'm wanting to put bigger tires and a lift on it to make it look BA, any suggestion?

Old 04-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Yup put aside about four to five hours of your time and up top there is a black bar that will say SEARCH and you can find just about anything your looking for about your truck and mods using it then when you feel like you cant find something make a thread and ask a question to someone. Good luck.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Wow, old thread but one that sparks my interest. I got nothing for top scholars in both high school and college. Wait, I guess I did, I have a very successful career that I built from the ground up.

My first car was a 77 1/2 Trans Am bandit car. Sweet ride. I paid cash for it. I delivered papers from 12-15 and did other misc. jobs to save the money and then worked full time during high school to continue to pay for mods, insurance, etc. Also sold my dirt bikes (that I paid for) I used to race to get it. I loved it because nobody could take it away from me for punishment! It was all mine and you better believe it was treated well. It was washed every couple of days and detailed at least twice a month.

Many other kids had brand new vehicles that were very nice that Daddy or Mommy bought them. They typcially weren't that nice very long, as they trashed them, as they had no respect for what it takes to pay for a vehicle.

Quick Reply: Trucks owned by High Schoolers