Brooklyn got her shots yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Brooklyn got her shots yesterday

First of all, she's a laid back child. She doesn't really cry, she just gives you a quick "whaa" when she needs something.....until yesterday.

Man, she has a hellova set of lungs on her. She screamed for a good 4-5 hours after her shots. I felt bad, cause there wasn't really much I could do to help her, but give her a little dose of Motrin. The wife held her for a good hour, hour and a half, and she went to sleep, but when she tried to put her down ... nope, wasn't happening.

After the Motrin kicked in, she was fine, she even sleep the whole night (8PM - 5:30AM) with no trouble all night long.

She was seriously hungry this morning, but she was back to her old self.

~I just thought I'd share~

Old 01-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea those shots hurt me more than they hurt my kid..even when they were screaming...

It's all part of growing up but dang if daddy could take the pain I would.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I don't blame her. i hate shots myself! Glad she is doing so well.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by vader716
Yea those shots hurt me more than they hurt my kid..even when they were screaming...

It's all part of growing up but dang if daddy could take the pain I would.
That's why I never go to the doctors on shot day. I always have my wife do it.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:04 PM
You guys are quite the group. What a ton of fun it would be to all get together. Glad to hear your baby girl is doing well Jamz!

Duke

Old 01-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks Duke.

Silver, I've learned my lesson. From now on, mommie does all the "dirty work"

I hear ya vader...I wish daddy could take the pain too. In her 2 months, that was her first "cry" (or scream rather). The wife didn't know how to act. She'd cry if daddy was holding her, she'd cry if mommie held her, she did stop briefly when Miaghe (our pooch) gave her some kisses on the bottom of her toot, but that lasted about 10 seconds.

poor lil Brookie-pooh.

* cant wait for dzervit to read this thread*

Old 01-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Damnit Jamz....you scared me. All this talk about gettig shot, and almost getting my truck stolen, I read the title of your thread and though it said Brooklyn GOT shot..Whew!!!

I cry like a baby everytime I get a shot

BREW

Old 01-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by jamzwayne
poor lil Brookie-pooh.

* cant wait for dzervit to read this thread*
You're not kidding! He's going to have a field day with this.

Duke

Old 01-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by F150 Duke
You're not kidding! He's going to have a field day with this.

Duke

yuuuuuup. It should be one heck of a good time.

BREW, trust me if Brooklyn got shot, I wouldn't be able to make a post, I'd be in jail for murder or attempted murder. No one messes with Daddies lil girl. I know you know what I mean.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:09 PM
I know what you're talking about.

My daughter (26 months) just got out of the hospital yesterday from a round of the flu topped with pneumonia.

My wife left for San Antonio on business Sunday and Alyssa spikes a 103* temp. Monday, so I was a one man band at the hospital until my wife could finally catch the first available flight late Tuesday night.

I think having the IV put in probably hurt dad worse than it hurt her. Pretty helpless feeling not being able to take that pain for her.

Thankfully she's home now and feeling much better. The breathing treatments that she is on right now make her wired for sound.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Hubby's the tough one in our family. Anytime the kids have to get shots I make the apt on a Monday (his day off) cuz' he handles it so much better than I do.

Your ped lets you give Brooklyn Motrin? I thought Motrin wasn't until after 6 months.

We have our 4 month shots coming up.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Racerchick68
Hubby's the tough one in our family. Anytime the kids have to get shots I make the apt on a Monday (his day off) cuz' he handles it so much better than I do.

Your ped lets you give Brooklyn Motrin? I thought Motrin wasn't until after 6 months.

We have our 4 month shots coming up.

Yep. Motrin or Tylenol. He said it wont hurt, unless your giving it to your kiddo a lot.

quackrstackr

Glad the little one is ok. Talk about being scared.

I know I would've been chitt'n bricks.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by quackrstackr
My daughter (26 months) just got out of the hospital yesterday from a round of the flu topped with pneumonia.
Flu & Pneumonia? Poor thing! I'm glad she's doing better. It's so scary when our little ones are ill.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah, my son HATED the shots- yes, they do hurt the parents as much, of not more than the baby. I'd have taken them for him if I could, and I hate shots too.

But, if you think that got his attention, About a year ago he had a fever 103, that wouldn't go away. It ran for about 3 days, and would only break with motrin or tylenol, but when it wore off the fever came back. We'd taken him to the doctor 2 of those 3 days and they couldn't figure out where it was coming from, they drew blood (He did well with that?! The girl was g~o~r~g~e~o~u~s) so he was all in her face- might not have even noticed the needle. But, before that, doc wanted some pee. You can probably figure out how this turned out. Yep, catheder up the ding-ding.

I tell you what, Daddy and son winched when that tube went up his ding-ding. He called it his "booty" so he was screaming, "My booty, my booty, my booty...." My God, I have never felt worse in my life. Followign that was a scream I can only define as, guttural. She STILL didn't get any pee. Then she thought he might have a blockage... (No, his diaper was just wet, we just missed the pee.)

He'll never get a catheder again, not unless he's in for surgery, which I hope never has to happen... We told her that was enough, but we still had to get the pee. It's hard to get a 2-year old to pee on command, but we just happened to be potty training him at the time. She gave us a bunch of cups. After havign baby pee all over our hands a few times, we finally caught a stream of pee that hadn't touched anything other than the cup. We then hurried it in for her to test (This was after the sonograms and everything confirmed no blockage). No sign of damage to his kidneys, and by this time, the fever had gone away.

That marked the first time in his life that his pediatrician p!$$ed me off.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:52 PM
^^^

Alright, I can't complain about Brook's visit.

Damn Hersh, I hate that for the little one.

Quick Reply: Brooklyn got her shots yesterday