Ford better get their act together...QUICK!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RonF150
yes count me in as one of the public that doesn't understand it. my truck has already been in for a rattling dashbord, squeeking back window and now this. all in the first 1200 miles. can't imagine what surprises await me.
Then get rid of it! If you're that unhappy, get rid of it. Every vehicle manufacturer turn out individual vehicles that have problems, it happens. Sucks that your personal truck happened to have some issues, but it does happen.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:51 PM
yes count me in as one of the public that doesn't understand it. my truck has already been in for a rattling dashbord, squeeking back window and now this. all in the first 1200 miles. can't imagine what surprises await me.
Well i guess you've had your head buried in the sand as well... Toyota is recalling some 750,000 vehicles (Tundra, Sequoia), the LARGEST EVER, for failing front ball joints causing them to lose control. No manufacturer is perfect, get over it. If you're unhappy with the f-150 sell it and go buy a chevy, and i'll see you in about a month when you're bitching about, dashboard cracks, rattles, a blown tranny,or rear diff.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:55 PM
yeah i guess it would be funnny as long as it wasn't you sitting at a light this morning in your 2006 F150 with 1200 miles on it that hit the car in front of you because your "Quality is job 1" truck decided to surge forward on its own while it was idling. Or was that someting new ford is building into their trucks now.....anticipatory acceleration maybe? the truck sensed the light was about to change so the engine revved without me touching the gas pedal? yeah....top notch quality.
next time hit the brake or perhaps not be 4ft from the car in front of you.

blaming that on ford is weak IMO. probably user error.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by ChadS98GT
next time hit the brake or perhaps not be 4ft from the car in front of you.

blaming that on ford is weak IMO. probably user error.
Ding Ding, I think we have a winner here..

Old 01-25-2007, 01:11 PM
yeah i guess it would be funnny as long as it wasn't you sitting at a light this morning in your 2006 F150 with 1200 miles on it that hit the car in front of you because your "Quality is job 1" truck decided to surge forward on its own while it was idling. Or was that someting new ford is building into their trucks now.....anticipatory acceleration maybe? the truck sensed the light was about to change so the engine revved without me touching the gas pedal? yeah....top notch quality.
There is no way that the Ford engine will overpower the brakes.

None......zero, zilch, nada.

This is clearly a case of driver error.

Don't blame the truck because you don't know how to drive.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so glad to see that EVERYBODY is not on Ford's @55.....dang, all new vehicles have problems from time to time......remember, they are built by humans or machines built and programmed by humans....things slip by sometime, don't care if its a blue oval, bowtie or whatever the hell those things are on the other trucks. i have an 06 f150 SCrew and have had a couple of very minor things that i even feel bad about mentioning...i guess that is why i am just going in to get my 3000 mile service (bought my truck 8/29/06) and get the 3 minor things i have found wrong fixed by the dealer. hey, if i had the bitching problems some of you guys are complaining so much about----i'd trade and get off the f150 forums and quit telling those of us who are pretty well satisfied about how bad our trucks are......duh

Old 01-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Kool Aid
There is no way that the Ford engine will overpower the brakes.

None......zero, zilch, nada.

This is clearly a case of driver error.

Don't blame the truck because you don't know how to drive.

"driver error". that's a good one. don't blame a truck that surges forward while your foot is nowhere near the gas pedal? you guys should all go into comedy.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:41 PM
"driver error". that's a good one. don't blame a truck that surges forward while your foot is nowhere near the gas pedal? you guys should all go into comedy.
did you forget about the brake pedal? or did that fail too?

Old 01-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by ChadS98GT
did you forget about the brake pedal? or did that fail too?

nope brakes didn't fail........yet. i hit them and that helped to keep the hit to just a tap thankfully. no body damage done. thanks for your concern.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:08 PM
So wait you dont keep your foot on the brake at a stop normally? Might be a good idea to change that practice...

Luis S

Old 01-25-2007, 03:12 PM
nope brakes didn't fail........yet. i hit them and that helped to keep the hit to just a tap thankfully. no body damage done. thanks for your concern.

At least I'm not to the only one who noticed that he didn't have his foot on the brake the whole time.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:45 PM
That's it, everyone write a letter to Ford, we need to make sure they know that their trucks move forward while in gear (unless you have your foot on the brake).

Old 01-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Banned
From a design standpoint it is impossible for your engine to create enough tq at idle to overpower the brakes in the first place.

ALSO keep in mind there are not one, not two, but THREE pedal sensors as well as an "e-quizzer" along with the ECU to check and validate all three signals. IF one signal shall fall it will calculate the missing signal. IF two should fail you will throw a code and your truck would see limited power.

So that e-quizzer says you are lying because it needs YOU to tell it what to do.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:25 PM
maybe if they took some of the $ they spend on advertising and put it into actual quality control they would be selling more trucks instead of less. they better do something. and quick.
Wow, you are soooo smart. Maybe Ford should let you run the company.....

Old 01-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Luis S
So wait you dont keep your foot on the brake at a stop normally? Might be a good idea to change that practice...

Luis S
x2

Quick Reply: Ford better get their act together...QUICK!