invisible fence for a dog

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raoul
Me too.
That's why I went with chain link and a invisible dog.

And I bet it worked too.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by lovetrucks

And I bet it worked too.
Not so well as I thought it would.
It's difficult cleaning up after him.
I can't see it but, I can smell it and step in it.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:13 PM
better a little shock than lead poisoning from neighbours
scatter gun

Old 01-05-2007, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by vader716
Works for my wife....really cut down on her spending

Thought I'd miss that one didn't ya??

Originally Posted by BalogUK
our husky mix runs through ours almost daily...
Are you sure the electrodes are making contact with his skin? On dogs with thick coats you may have to shave a spot to insure they make contact otherwise they just shock the hair. Of course he could just be a hard headed dog, there are those, oblivious to the pain or stubborn enough to ignore it!!

Old 01-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
A neighbor has 2 border collies. Worked on them. The fence is no longer active and they no longer wear the collars, yet they know where to stop. Another neighbor trained an Irish Setter that way.

I have wanted to get one of those for a long time. I thought they'd be great, but didn't know if they worked or not

Old 01-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by wild-mtn-rose

Thought I'd miss that one didn't ya??

Just testing...dang you are good...I got to give it to ya...

I think I've slipped like 2 past you in the past year...pretty good record.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Hey everyone. PLEASE do not refer to every underground containment system as An "Invisible Fence" We own an Invisible Fence Brand dealership. Using the Invisible Fence Brand to describe one of thos things is like calling a Ford 4x4 a Ridgeline. 4 wheels and a bed but not a real truck. The Wally Mart and mail order and imitation stuff is trash. Sorry if thats what you have. Believe me, you get what you pay for on this stuff. There is a great deal of difference. Dogs must be PROPERLY trained for this type system. Proper training DOES NOT mean shocking the toe nails off the dog! We usually have the average dog initially trained in about ten minutes with NO SHOCK. More training is required before the dog is ready to be released. We have done hundreds! Dogs, cats, goats, and an occasional pony. How would you like to have that receiver strapped to you @ about 8,000 volts and not know why it was shocking you!? Or have someon that you trusted pull you into it? Teach them first and let the correction take over when they disobey. (kind of like marriage ) Yep, it costs to run trucks, installers, and trainers but you have something in the end. Aside from our name being applied to all of the junk out there on the net, the other really bad things are people removing the collar which teaches the dog to escape, shutting the system down, not replacing the battery, and improper collar adjustment. "My dog stays in without it now" is an invitation for disaster. Please don't do this! If your dog really means something to you, get it done correctly!
BTW: The good systems can adjust correction levels for individual dogs on the system so the toy poodle does not get the same correction as the pony!

Old 01-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by wstafford
...BTW: The good systems can adjust correction levels for individual dogs on the system so the toy poodle does not get the same correction as the pony!
I feel bad for the little dog in those two dog families with the cheap systems..
The big dog just lets out a yelp but, the little dog looks like a forty yard fieldgoal attempt.

oops, wide right.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by vader716
Just testing...dang you are good...I got to give it to ya...

I think I've slipped like 2 past you in the past year...pretty good record.
Tarp as a shack, not much gets by me

12 acres + 2 dogs = lots of room to run and no fences. We're trained them to stay in the immediate yard area around the house, Casey has it down pat, Harley is an idiot. Yes, I said 2 dogs. . .when the hubby finally came home on "terminal leave" he brought a dog with him. Harley is a 5 year old Australian Cattle Dog/Rottweiler mix. I don't have any pictures of him right now but I'll try to get some in the next few days. Him and Casey get along great, Cricket took a bit more getting used to but they're making friends!

Quick Reply: invisible fence for a dog