Fake or Real?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
going to get the real tree this weekend!!!! will keep it up till new years!!! wife says we have to keep it up till new years!!!!!! go figure!!

Old 12-07-2006, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by BalogUK
right in the greatroom- 30' to the bottom of the ridge beam (a 19" diam. log)

Ours is 26'. While I'd love to have a tree that size, my fake tree is only 7 1/2'. I gave up many years ago trying to get my bah-humbug husband out of the house to cut down a real tree so I bought a fake one that I can assemble and decorate all by my lonesome and he can sit and scrooge all he wants! Like LT, I burn pine scented candles, it helps.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by wild-mtn-rose
Ours is 26'. While I'd love to have a tree that size, my fake tree is only 7 1/2'. I gave up many years ago trying to get my bah-humbug husband out of the house to cut down a real tree so I bought a fake one that I can assemble and decorate all by my lonesome and he can sit and scrooge all he wants! Like LT, I burn pine scented candles, it helps.

You need to sit his scrooge **** in front of the TV and make him watch "It's a wonderful Life" and "Scrooge" and if that doesnt change him, I'll come cut a tree for you

BREW

Old 12-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by wild-mtn-rose
In defense of your hubby...

I don't do much interior decorating....which is to say none at all really. I help her put the trees up and I help her put the lights on the top where she can't reach but other than that she is on her own.

I'm too busy on the outside killing myself with electricity and cold.

Old 12-08-2006, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
You need to sit his scrooge **** in front of the TV and make him watch "It's a wonderful Life" and "Scrooge" and if that doesnt change him, I'll come cut a tree for you

BREW
Oh wait!!! You're already here!!

Old 12-08-2006, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by vader716
In defense of your hubby...

I don't do much interior decorating....which is to say none at all really. I help her put the trees up and I help her put the lights on the top where she can't reach but other than that she is on her own.

I'm too busy on the outside killing myself with electricity and cold.
Thing is he doesn't do any of it...none...I do all the inside decorating-outside decorating-shopping-baking-wrapping-planning. I don't really mind, its my favorite time of year and now that I have a fake tree I can decorate on my time and avoid arguments.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well this is a debate in our house every year at this time.

I like and want a real tree, it just isn't christmas with out that smell, the needles and everything. Yea the needleds hurt if you catch one in the carpet, with no shoes on. But that is part of christmas to me.

Wife wants a fake one....... blah

Old 12-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Enough is Enough Already
I Prefer The Real But The Fake Is Alot Easier!

Quick Reply: Fake or Real?