Wife's New Ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Wife's New Ride

2006 MkV GTI, United Grey, 6 Spd Manual, 6 Disc CD, Sirius Sattelite, Sun Roof

This thing is stupid fun to drive. It handles like it's attached to the ground magnetically. It has Bridgestone Potenza RE-050's on it now which are a straight up max performance summer only tire. I ordered some Continental Extreme Contact high performance all season tires for it. The Continental's should be here by Friday and the Bridgestone's are going on EBAY. This thing is a hatch back and it has more room in the back seat than my truck does.

Man, I just love German cars.

KC-10 FE out...

Old 07-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I like the red plaid material they used on the interior!

Heil!

Old 07-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Suspended
Sweet looking car, but have you read about the reliability issues on those "German" cars? Some of the worst cars on the road... every single person I know that has owned a newer VW has ended up desperately trying to get rid of it before it completely fell apart on them . I'm talking 1-2 year old NEW cars.

Just be aware, and go for the extended warranty...

Old 07-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by KC-10 FE
Man, I just love German cars.

KC-10 FE out...
Somehow.......I don't know.....I'm very surprised by this.

I can hear the UAW plants rusting, as we speak.

Last edited by Kool Aid; 07-02-2006 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:17 PM
No Ford logo? Junk.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like a Kia Sportage gave birth.

I always thought the Sportage looked like a pregnant roller skate anyway. Now I know why.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag

I always thought the Sportage looked like a pregnant roller skate anyway. Now I know why.

I think that is a very accurate description.

Trending Topics

Old 07-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Sweet looking car, but have you read about the reliability issues on those "German" cars? Some of the worst cars on the road... every single person I know that has owned a newer VW has ended up desperately trying to get rid of it before it completely fell apart on them . I'm talking 1-2 year old NEW cars.

Just be aware, and go for the extended warranty...
In my 14 years of owning cars, I find that most people who say a certain brand or type of car is junk have never owned one or rely on second hand info to form their negative opinion of said brand/type. We traded in our 2003 Jetta for this. The Jetta was a model of reliability. We had ZERO problems in 4 years & 65000 miles. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Only thing we had to do to the Jetta was normal upkeep. I still have yet to see even a single example of a German car being worse than anything Ford makes. I had to threaten a Ford dealership with a lawsuit just to get them to do warranty work on my truck. Funny, I never had to do that at any VW dealer. My truck is not a POS but it requires a trip to the dealer at least once a quarter for something stupid and I think I'd rather pull out my finger nails than go to the Ford dealer around here. When we went for normal maintenance at the VW dealer, they would drop us off at the local diner or mall and come pick us up when we called just so we wouldn't have to wait. When I take my truck to the Ford dealer, they won't even give me a ride .8 miles, that's right .8, to my parents house. I usually walk.

Not saying anyone can't have their opinion on a certain brand of car but I simply don't see why everyone on this board bashes German cars. It is a Ford board but German vehicles are far and away more reliable than Ford's.

If you listen to the auto press and Consumer Reports, you would think anything other than a Toyota or Honda will blow up any second.

Originally Posted by Kool Aid
Somehow.......I don't know.....I'm very surprised by this.

I can hear the UAW plants rusting, as we speak.
Why??

My wife's German and INSISTS on owning a German car. You really can't argue with logic like that. I lived there for 5 years, trust me, German cars are better. UAW??? I could give a rat's butt about the UAW. They don't give a crap about anything other than themselves and are DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for ruining the American auto industry. F the UAW.

She actually wanted the VW EOS but they won't be available for about 4 months.

KC-10 FE out...

Last edited by KC-10 FE; 07-02-2006 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awwww, it's so cute!!

I'm not real sure about the plaid seats though.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:19 AM
thats a sweet *** car! which motor? 2.0t or 2.5?

dont sweat the criticism from the haters. i personally wouldnt own anything but a german car for the features, build quality, and safety. if youve seen how **** poor american and jap crap cars crash im sure you wouldnt be thinkin twice.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Very nice car for your wife and I wouldn’t worry about what anyone has to say about German cars, or any other manufacture.

When it comes to quality and dependability Ford is NOT the manufacture who is on top, they are a few rungs down, below Toyota and German auto manufactures to say the least…

Yes I own a few Fords but I am not stupid enough to believe it’s the best quality brand on the market…

Old 07-03-2006, 12:22 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Sweet ride. I love those seats. I almost bought a GTI a few years back. Great little cars.

UAW??? I could give a rat's butt about the UAW. They don't give a crap about anything other than themselves and are DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for ruining the American auto industry. F the UAW.
Yeah, F the UAW!!

Old 07-03-2006, 12:33 AM
Don't know if VW is still doing this, but anyone who bought this new generation of GTI got one of their FAST totems.

The "My Fast" commercial series were brilliant.

My Fast says ignore the naysayers.

Enjoy.

Old 07-03-2006, 01:29 AM

My wife's German and INSISTS on owning a German car. You really can't argue with logic like that. I lived there for 5 years, trust me, German cars are better. UAW??? I could give a rat's butt about the UAW. They don't give a crap about anything other than themselves and are DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for ruining the American auto industry. F the UAW.

KC-10 FE out...
Well actually at $38.10 an hour the Germans are the highest paid auto workers in the world and their unions are feared more than UAW.

Old 07-03-2006, 01:37 AM
As for me, I don't care about who makes the best car.

I am an American, and a Patriot.

I buy American whenever I have a choice.

You have a choice.

Quick Reply: Wife's New Ride