Forum Trust

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forum Trust

So how well do you trust some of the regulars on this forum?

Case Study....

Guy on another forum asks to 'borrow' someone's credit card. He wants to spend $100 but the place doesn't take Paypal and he does not have a card.
Assuming you've known and discussed topics with this anonymous person for months, would you trust enough for this?

Yes, I ordered the $100 worth of Football DVD videos, and was promptly paid with Paypal. If I were not; I would have canceled the order via phone ASAP.

Thoughts?

Old 03-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Depends....If you, Jamz, Vader, Blue, and some others were to ask....I probably would.....depending on the situation....

...If someone like Mountainqueer were to ask.....I would not....

Old 03-07-2006, 12:33 PM
I don't see why anyone would not trust me in here with there credit card!??

Old 03-07-2006, 12:36 PM
I would say no.

You can know someone here form many years... but you have no idea how trustworthy they are when it comes to money.

Why would someone need to borrow your credit card? Why do they not have one? Maybe they cant get one. And the reson why they cant get one is all the reason in thw world to not lend yours.

Note* this also applies to inlaws and friends of friends

Old 03-07-2006, 12:37 PM
(Off topic but needed to vent at this fool)

Originally Posted by wstahlm80

...If someone like Mountainqueer were to ask.....I would not....
Listen .... since you blocked me from everything else ...., don't even bring me up in any of these forums either then, do us both a favor and pretend I don't exists as you can't seem to let anything go with me. go away fool

(edited version)

Last edited by mountaineer02v8; 03-07-2006 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I certainly don't see a problem with trusting me. I would.

Especially, if I sent you a check in advance that was for more than the amount
and I let you hold it.

Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8
....go away fool

ditto....

Trending Topics

Yep I've got a mental list so to speak of people here that I would trust with such transactions. In fact for that list of people I would go out of my way to assist with dang near anything I could for them. So if you are stranded in my neck of the woods I'm faster than AAA.

My list is very similar to Bill's, though I can think of a few more...probably a dozen or so here.

*Note: When I loan money, which is rare, I'm prepared for not getting it back and take that into account before saying yes. Raoul this is not an invitation to start sending me checks to cash again. I almost served time for that last one you sent me.

Last edited by vader716; 03-07-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by vader716
Yep I've got a mental list so to speak of people here that I would trust with such transactions. In fact for that list of people I would go out of my way to assist with dang near anything I could for them. So if you are stranded in my neck of the woods I'm faster than AAA.

My list is very similar to Bill's, though I can think of a few more...probably a dozen or so here.

*Note: When I loan money, which is rare, I'm prepared for not getting it back and take that into account before saying yes. Raoul this is not an invitation to start sending me checks to cash again. I almost served time for that last one you sent me.
Ditto... I can count them on one hand and they all know who they are...

Not to hurt anyone's feelings by not being included, but Bill and Jamz come to mind as people I trust.

Last edited by BRUZRs_Daddy; 03-07-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trust is a hard thing to find these days. I believe I can trust a few people on here. If it was for a credit card transaction favor, I'd have to say, "no", because I dont have a credit card But, if I did have a credit card, I would be more then happy to help out a buddy. You all know who you are.

Old 03-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by jamzwayne
Trust is a hard thing to find these days. I believe I can trust a few people on here. If it was for a credit card transaction favor, I'd have to say, "no", because I dont have a credit card But, if I did have a credit card, I would be more then happy to help out a buddy. You all know who you are.
It's not hard to find, it's hard to give. It seems that in our society, people (NOT ALL) seem to WANT to do people wrong. I come from a time and place or maybe just a mindset where a handshake is as good as any written contract and borrow means BORROW.

Old 03-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BRUZRs_Daddy
It's not hard to find, it's hard to give. It seems that in our society, people (NOT ALL) seem to WANT to do people wrong. I come from a time and place or maybe just a mindset where a handshake is as good as any written contract and borrow means BORROW.

True, true, VERY TRUE.

I wish things were still like that these days.

Old 03-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by jamzwayne
True, true, VERY TRUE.

I wish things were still like that these days.

I still live by that code....

Old 03-07-2006, 01:05 PM
How well do you all trust people online in general? Im not saying that everyone on the internet is untrustworthy, but i guess there's a limit. For example, i used to play a game called World of Warcraft, and it's a multiplayer online rollplaying game. It costs 15$ a month to play, and i had a friend that i had been playing with since day 1. Ive never met this guy in person, just someone i met through the game. After a couple months of playing, he asked if he could try one of my characters out, which meant give him my password. I know you're thinking,..."its just a game", but once he has my password, he can go to teh website and get all my credit card information and things like that, so naturally i decided not to give it to him.
I dont know how relavent this is to the thread, but it seems like it is kinda the same idea.

~..Josh.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by BRUZRs_Daddy
I'm a little strange in that I am more than willing to help someone out but I will almost never ask for help.

I've helped countless people move but when I moved I prepared to do it myself. I had two friends show up to help me, both of which arrived unannounced. I wasnt shocked (because they are just that great) but speechless. I consider those people to be the best friends I have because of those types of acts.

I've helped people with 100s of tasks from building decks and rooms, computer repair, car repair, midnight runs for help,etc. I've never asked them for favors in return. The ones that volunteer their help and insist on helping me are a select few and there is nothing they could ask for that I would not do.

Quick Reply: Forum Trust