Forum Trust

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vader716
I'm a little strange in that I am more than willing to help someone out but I will almost never ask for help.

I've helped countless people move but when I moved I prepared to do it myself. I had two friends show up to help me, both of which arrived unannounced. I wasnt shocked (because they are just that great) but speechless. I consider those people to be the best friends I have because of those types of acts.

I've helped people with 100s of tasks from building decks and rooms, computer repair, car repair, midnight runs for help,etc. I've never asked them for favors in return. The ones that volunteer their help and insist on helping me are a select few and there is nothing they could ask for that I would not do.
I know what you mean... I hate charging people for doing side jobs on personal PCs, but everyone always insists...

Old 03-07-2006, 01:29 PM
I put a call out on this forum back in November to see if anyone in Nebraska could help my uncle out when he was getting scammed on a purchase. Needless to say I got immediate help from members here....some of which even took pictures and emailed me back with information. They really went out of their way...I've never forgotten that help...and those guys know who they are...

Old 03-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need a running buddy like you guys.

Most of my friends are "friends", but I wouldn't be able to depend on them for anything.

Old 03-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
None of my buddys are around.

The lesson I learned from that is
it's better to write a check to a good attorney than to rely on a public defender.

Old 03-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Most everytime I see a 'freind" lend out money (loan out money)... I see them on Judge Judy! You will really be put to the test on who is trully a good freind or not by Loaning them money when times are bad and see if they pay you back or not

Old 03-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by vader716
I'm a little strange in that I am more than willing to help someone out but I will almost never ask for help.

I've helped countless people move but when I moved I prepared to do it myself. I had two friends show up to help me, both of which arrived unannounced. I wasnt shocked (because they are just that great) but speechless. I consider those people to be the best friends I have because of those types of acts.

I've helped people with 100s of tasks from building decks and rooms, computer repair, car repair, midnight runs for help,etc. I've never asked them for favors in return. The ones that volunteer their help and insist on helping me are a select few and there is nothing they could ask for that I would not do.
Doing something for someone is the best way in the world to make a friend you can count on. many years ago, there was a guy I knew at church and we talked some, served on the same committees together. I found out one day that he was going to start painting his house the next day. I took 3 days off and went over and scraped and painted with him. Was actually kind of fun. Then when his sister was moving away from an abusive husband. , I got another guy and we met him unannounced, and helped him move her stuff. That was 25 years ago and that guy is still my best friend. Later, i bought a small wrecking yard so I would have a place to play, and he would show up every Saturday and lots of evenings to help on whatever project I had going. When you help people for the right reasons, it tends to come back to you.

Now this credit card thing, since my wife refuses to allow me to use the card on the internet, I may be asking a couple of you to help me out.

Old 03-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
I'm in my senior year at divinity school.
Final exams are coming up and I need somebodys credit card number so I can buy a bible with the answers in the back.

It's not that I want to cheat but, I've been held back here so many years I've been told this is my last chance to pass. It seems I'm approaching the mandatory retirement age and they are concerned they may have to retire me before I actually do any work.

p.s.
If you have a Platinum card with a higher limit, I can get the bible on tape with the answers in the back. It would be a big help because I don't like to read that much.

I know some of you will help.
You and you and, no not you, the other one, yeah you.

Old 03-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Let me put this as delicately as I possibly can...

Are you crazy? You must be out of you emmer-effing mind!

A "real friend" is one that actually shows up to help you move...

Since I left the Army, I have only had one good friend, and one OK friend. Usually, it's just me and the wife... Even when we are moving.

Last edited by Bighersh; 03-07-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Raoul
I need somebodys credit card number so I can buy a bible with the answers in the back.

:
That right there is the funniest thing I have read in some time.

Sled...

Old 03-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by sleddogg
That right there is the funniest thing I have read in some time.

Sled...
I go to a Christian University, and they require 3 or 6 semester hours of Religious study. I took a class on the four Gospels, and let me tell you- that was no cake-walk. But, I learned a lot... Much more detailed than I ever knew...

Old 03-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Raoul
I'm in my senior year at divinity school.
Final exams are coming up and I need somebodys credit card number so I can buy a bible with the answers in the back.

It's not that I want to cheat but, I've been held back here so many years I've been told this is my last chance to pass. It seems I'm approaching the mandatory retirement age and they are concerned they may have to retire me before I actually do any work.

p.s.
If you have a Platinum card with a higher limit, I can get the bible on tape with the answers in the back. It would be a big help because I don't like to read that much.

I know some of you will help.
You and you and, no not you, the other one, yeah you.
Lightning gonna strike you! Not the truck either, the real stuff.

Old 03-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Lightning gonna strike you! Not the truck either, the real stuff.
Too late.

Old 03-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Bighersh

Well then Hersh..can you just send me some cash. I'm not picky

I need a downpayment for my new truck..anyone want to help out? I figure if I can get 1/4 of the guys here to each send me $1, I'd have a pretty good downpayment.

BREW

Old 03-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
Well then Hersh..can you just send me some cash. I'm not picky

I need a downpayment for my new truck..anyone want to help out? I figure if I can get 1/4 of the guys here to each send me $1, I'd have a pretty good downpayment.

BREW
My $1 is in the mail!

Old 03-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Bighersh

A "real friend" is one that actually shows up to help you move...

Since I left the Army, I have only had one good friend, and one OK friend. Usually, it's just me and the wife... Even when we are moving.

whats that saying?

A friend helps you move
A good friend helps you move a body

Quick Reply: Forum Trust