Nascar '07

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
think the more competition, the better. Don't really care who's brand is on the car. I'm still a Roush fan, regardless of whoever else is running in the chase.
Go Mark, Carl, Matt, and Greg. Oh yea, and the new guy. What's his name?

Old 02-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by 01 XLT Sport
If you want to see what real STOCK car racing was about you need to watch some videos of races from the 60’s and 70’s. That is when NASCAR was about STOCK cars, cars you bought off the dealer lot, racing on the track.

Don’t recall the exact year, late 60’s early 70’s when Dodge came out with the Charger with the real tall rear wing. Dodge was ahead of it’s time when it came to aero dynamics and down force on the rear wheels.

Anyway, NASCAR only allowed that car to race in NASCAR for the year, or perhaps it was two. Reason was it kicked the chit out of everyone on the track.

It also use to be that to actually race a car in NASCAR there had to be at least 500 – 1000 of the exact same car (granted the doors weren’t welded, no roll cage, etc) for sale to the public straight from the manufacture. Referring back to the Dodge Charger with the tall rear wing, Dodge manufactured 500 – 1000, not sure how many, and sold them to the public. Worth some huge money now.

Like I was saying back when NASCAR was really STOCK car racing it was nothing to see a few cars like Petty and Allison win races with 5 – 10 laps over all the others…

Pit stops around 20 – 40 seconds, guys changing tires with cigarettes hanging out of their mouths and watching someone like Tony Stewart get his @ss whooped big time had he pulled some wussy crap like he did in this years 500.

NASCAR in the 50, 60 and 70’s was a man’s sport, today it’s a family Disneyland environment. I still love it, but its highly modified unavailable to the public automobiles with stickers from Ford, Chevy and the others…

Don’t sweat Toyota, its nothing more then a new sticker on a vehicle…
My thoughts exactly.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:57 AM
I won't watch it anymore. Toyota being there ruins nascar. Its bad enough that Ford only has 11 teams in the Cup series nowadays, only 9 of that 11 started the race this past sunday. Theres 29 chevy teams and 20 Dodge teams in the cup series this year. I just counted them all on the nascar website. In other words Ford just don't care anymore which means i really don't anymore either. Nascar will be going nowhere though. For every person like me who quits watching it 3 Ricers are gonna start. R.I.P. Nascar, it was fun while it lasted.

Old 02-28-2006, 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by azreael344
I won't watch it anymore. Toyota being there ruins nascar. Its bad enough that Ford only has 11 teams in the Cup series nowadays, only 9 of that 11 started the race this past sunday. Theres 29 chevy teams and 20 Dodge teams in the cup series this year. I just counted them all on the nascar website. In other words Ford just don't care anymore which means i really don't anymore either. Nascar will be going nowhere though. For every person like me who quits watching it 3 Ricers are gonna start. R.I.P. Nascar, it was fun while it lasted.
Toyota isn't gonna hurt NASCAR. NASCAR grows by leaps and bounds every year. It is attracting more and more white collar people. Dover added around 20,000 seats a few years back. Cities are fighting for a NASCAR track. S. Jersey wants one. NASCAR will be around long after we're gone.

Old 02-28-2006, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by 6T6CPE
Toyota isn't gonna hurt NASCAR. NASCAR grows by leaps and bounds every year. It is attracting more and more white collar people. Dover added around 20,000 seats a few years back. Cities are fighting for a NASCAR track. S. Jersey wants one. NASCAR will be around long after we're gone.
Read what I said. I said for every person like me that quits watching because of toyota, 3 ricers will start watching. And with Toyota in the game its not Nascar anymore, its just called Nascar. Hence R.I.P. NASCAR

Old 02-28-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm all for Toyota coming in, as long as it brings true competition. I dont want them to come in like they did with the trucks, and start pouring millions of dollars and having every one of their race teams racing a certain setup. I think if they come in and compete correctly like ford, chevy, and dodge then NASCAR will have more people staying to watch how it turns out. Hell, they have a big name already picked to drive for them in Michael Waltrip.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Before too long "The Great American Race" will be the Great Sushi Race!

Old 02-28-2006, 10:11 AM
I hate the fact that Toyota is coming in. I dont care where they build the ride; the profits are going straight over-seas. As long as my GF is a Fan, I'll still watch but I won't be anywhere close to happy about Toyta.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:40 AM
besides everyone's dislike of Toyota. What exactly are your fears? Is it just because they are a foreign carmaker? Y'all dont want "jap" crap in NASCAR?

Old 02-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Thumbs down

I don't think Toyota belongs in NASCAR either. As far as I'm concerned, any driver that races for them is a sellout. The day they start winning...and that's bound to happen...is the day I stop watching. I know I'm not alone on this.

Once Jr. comes in 2nd to a Toyota or a Toyota driver puts him into the wall, the fans will probably riot and start tearing things apart. At least there'll be lots of food containers thrown on the track. Now THAT I'd watch!

MR

Old 02-28-2006, 10:56 AM
I don't care if they are from Germany,Sweden, England, Korea or Japan. This race series has always been based on "American" vehicles and I'd like to keep it that way. Although the cars nowadays are not "stock" cars they are still born and bred in the USA. I know that pieces of are vehicles are made in Mexico etc but they are built here.
I've been on cloud 9 the past 2 weeks because Mark Martin has beat a Toyota in the last two truck races in a F150! Sure doesn't look like mine though.

I'm going to the Vegas race in 2 weeks (have extra tickets) and also the Kansas race in October.

Old 02-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by mkinttrim
Keep the Jap Crap out of Nascar! Even though some of them are made here, the profits go back to the land of the rising sun!

speaking of profits leaving the country...

As www.economyincrisis.com notes, US Government statistics indicate the following percentages of foreign ownership of American industry:

· Sound recording industries - 97%
· Commodity contracts dealing and brokerage - 79%
· Motion picture and sound recording industries - 75%
· Metal ore mining - 65%
· Motion picture and video industries - 64%
· Wineries and distilleries - 64%
· Database, directory, and other publishers - 63%
· Book publishers - 63%
· Cement, concrete, lime, and gypsum product - 62%
· Engine, turbine and power transmission equipment - 57%
· Rubber product - 53%
· Nonmetallic mineral product manufacturing - 53%
· Plastics and rubber products manufacturing - 52%
· Plastics product - 51%
· Other insurance related activities - 51%
· Boiler, tank, and shipping container - 50%
· Glass and glass product - 48%
· Coal mining - 48%
· Sugar and confectionery product - 48%
· Nonmetallic mineral mining and quarrying - 47%
· Advertising and related services - 41%
· Pharmaceutical and medicine - 40%
· Clay, refractory, and other nonmetallic mineral products - 40%
· Securities brokerage - 38%
· Other general purpose machinery - 37%
· Audio and video equipment mfg and reproducing magnetic and optical media - 36%
· Support activities for mining - 36%
· Soap, cleaning compound, and toilet preparation - 32%
· Chemical manufacturing - 30%
· Industrial machinery - 30%
· Securities, commodity contracts, and other financial investments and related activities - 30%
· Other food - 29%
· Motor vehicles and parts - 29%
· Machinery manufacturing - 28%
· Other electrical equipment and component - 28%
· Securities and commodity exchanges and other financial investment activities - 27%
· Architectural, engineering, and related services - 26%
· Credit card issuing and other consumer credit - 26%
· Petroleum refineries (including integrated) - 25%
· Navigational, measuring, electromedical, and control instruments - 25%
· Petroleum and coal products manufacturing - 25%
· Transportation equipment manufacturing - 25%
· Commercial and service industry machinery - 25%
· Basic chemical - 24%
· Investment banking and securities dealing - 24%
· Semiconductor and other electronic component - 23%
· Paint, coating, and adhesive - 22%
· Printing and related support activities - 21%
· Chemical product and preparation - 20%
· Iron, steel mills, and steel products - 20%
· Agriculture, construction, and mining machinery - 20%
· Publishing industries - 20%
· Medical equipment and supplies - 20%

According to your logic, You won't be buying any cd's, going to movies, or buying many things made of metal, not to mention, drinking much wine or booze. I don't think Toyota being in Nascar is that big of a deal.

regards

Old 02-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by azreael344
Read what I said. I said for every person like me that quits watching because of toyota, 3 ricers will start watching. And with Toyota in the game its not Nascar anymore, its just called Nascar. Hence R.I.P. NASCAR
Actually, it hasn’t “truly” been NASCAR for about the last 20 years. NASCAR stands for:

National
Association
of
STOCK
CAr
Racing

It hasn’t been STOCK car racing since the early 80’s. As I “correctly” stated earlier in this thread NASCAR is merely a sport with “highly modified, not for sale to anyone in the public” cars that have lots of pretty stickers on them including a manufactures sticker. Fords are NOT Fords, Chevy’s are NOT Chevy’s, Dodge’s are NOT Dodge’s, and Toyota’s will NOT be Toyota’s…

It’s an illusion people, either you love racing or you don’t. Those not willing to watch NASCAR anymore after Toyota get’s in it NEVER loved racing to begin with, that is the truth, that is the fact, that is the end of the story…

Old 02-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by 01 XLT Sport
Actually, it hasn’t “truly” been NASCAR for about the last 20 years. NASCAR stands for:

National
Association
of
STOCK
CAr
Racing

It hasn’t been STOCK car racing since the early 80’s. As I “correctly” stated earlier in this thread NASCAR is merely a sport with “highly modified, not for sale to anyone in the public” cars that have lots of pretty stickers on them including a manufactures sticker. Fords are NOT Fords, Chevy’s are NOT Chevy’s, Dodge’s are NOT Dodge’s, and Toyota’s will NOT be Toyota’s…

It’s an illusion people, either you love racing or you don’t. Those not willing to watch NASCAR anymore after Toyota get’s in it NEVER loved racing to begin with, that is the truth, that is the fact, that is the end of the story…
I agree with all you guys, Toyota should not be allowed in NASCAR, I was pissed off when it got into the Craftsman Truck series. It's an American sport, raced in America, by American car companies. Are they going to start racing in Japan, probably not. We don't go over there build our cars and jump in to their sports. By the way, NASCAR stands for National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing.

Old 02-28-2006, 07:08 PM
According to your logic, You won't be buying any cd's, going to movies, or buying many things made of metal, not to mention, drinking much wine or booze. I don't think Toyota being in Nascar is that big of a deal.

My booze is made right up the road, Golden, Colorado, Coors!

Quick Reply: Nascar '07