I need some help..Cell phone, bluetooth, hands free...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need some help..Cell phone, bluetooth, hands free...

So heres my problem. I'm paying for a cell phone for my mom that she hardly ever uses. A few weeks ago she told me she doesn't like to drive and try to talk on the phone at the same time ( I cant blame her). So this week she tells me she wants a new cell phone, one that flips open cause thats what everyone has now. I almost laughed, shes 65 years old, and wants what all her friends have. Pretty funny. But whatever, I try to get my mom anything she wants. So she tells me she wants a flip phone and wants to be able to use it in the car "hands free"

This is where you guys come in....is this going to be possible? I did search the site and found some info, but didnt get my questions answered. I am not buying her a bluetooth enabled cell phone. Its just way to much money for a phone thats not used everyday. I seen an adapter that you can plug your phone into which will enable you to use a handsfree, wireless headset, but i'm not too sure she would be into that. Is there a way to adapt her phone to be used thru the car stereo? Ford offers a prep harness, which I need to look into a little more and find out what its all about. I really need some help here. I would like to get something together for Christmas if at all possible. Then I have to get the remote start installed for her as well. Man, she gets all the cool *****...whats up with that

So you guys know, she has a 2005 Ford Five Hundred

BREW

Old 12-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So possible.

Here is my hands free for my motorola flip phone.

Mike beside the drivers sun visor, speaker hidden under the center console with all the wires, and antenna on the back glass for maxium output lolol. You can even opt for a booster box for even more signal for a couple hundred bucks.

Old 12-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey RED..is that kit anything like this one? http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...ubPageNumber=0

I wonder if this ones any good? I really want to have it go thru the stereo, but im not sure thats gonna happen.

BREW

Old 12-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Yea thats the kit I have, but for it to work through the radio you have to have an adaptor from ford that plugs in the radio.

Part Number: 4L2Z19A393AA Category Cell Phone Prep Harness
Hands-free Cell Phone Prep Harness
Hands-free Cell Phone Prep Harness, Connector Wiring Harness, For Use With Molex Connectors
Make: Ford Model: Five Hundred FitYears: 2005-2005

http://www.fordgenuineaccessory.com/...28&Submit.y=12

Last edited by 04 RED LARIAT; 12-04-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:07 AM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
There you go Brew, looks like you got mom set for Christmas.

I need a 14.5x17p prop
and a starter for 302 mercruiser V8

then you'll have me set too.

04 RED LARIAT...

You have a cell phone and a CB???

Old 12-05-2005, 09:34 AM
you still need a starter Matt...I thought you had that all fixed??

Anyone else have any other ideas on this phone thing, or am I limited to what RED and I have talked about?

BREW

Old 12-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
you still need a starter Matt...I thought you had that all fixed??

Anyone else have any other ideas on this phone thing, or am I limited to what RED and I have talked about?

BREW
Nope still need a starter. Haven't really wooried about that part yet, really have no need to start it til next spring. Being doing some upholstry work for it, tearing the old upholstry out, getting it ready for paint, etc etc. Looking for a decent day and when I have time, "both need to happen at the same time" to pull the motor and tighten the gimbal. But again it won't be in the water til next spring so I can do that the week before I take it out if I have to.
I don't think the gimbal is going to be a major problem, I hope to do it before the last minute just incase it does turn out to be a major project. Or if I break something and have to try and find whatever I break. "my luck"

Right now it's starting to snow outside so I have the travel cover that I had custom made for it "courtesy of my employer" on tight but I didnt get around to installing a vent so that I could put a pole in it. So guess since I'm not working today and it is snowing I better go do that so the weight of the snow dosen't tear the nice new cover.

I spent last week designing a frame for a convertable top for it. "wife complains she gets to hot in mid day heat." Of course she dont swim, and is scared of the water, so she wont even get out of the when we stop in a cove and swim, even with a life jacket on." (I hope to get her over that!) Only reason she goes is becasue the kids and I have so much fun in it.

Back on topic,
No I dont have any ideas for you.
The phone I am using now is crappy so Ibarely use it unless I have to.
The company just bought me a new phone to the Kyrocera Soho and it is crappier than my 2 year old motorola that I am using.
But the Kyrocer SE44 Slider that I had last summer. It decided to jump out of the boat and take a swim to the bottum of the lake. But before that it had a great speaker phone. everybody was programed in voice command, so I would hit the speaker, push the button on the side, It would ask me to say the name of who I wanted to call, I'd say the name of who I wanted to call, then drop it upside down in the cupholder in my center console and talk.

I've got a Nokia 6255I on order, should be here before my trip to North Carolina this weekend, I hope.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Wow...sounds like its turning into quiite a project or you. Thats good.

I think if you jump in and make believe you're drowning, your wife would jump in to save you, therefore getting over her fear of swimming. Then again, once she realizes you're joking, she may never get on the boat again.

Anyway, does anyone know if I have to get an external ant. if I use that car kit in my above post?

BREW

Old 12-05-2005, 12:04 PM
I do have one question for you...

Before I paint it, I am wanting to put a performance exhaust on it.
Which in itself isnt a problem, I know enough about fiberglass, worked with it enough when I worked in the body shop during high school. Actrually building a frame for a new hand layed custom designed dog house for it that I am going to build myself. Since the original plywood one is rotten and falling apart.
But.... How do I seal off the outlet from the factory exhaust in the prop? BTW the little backwash baffle things were shattered and the pieces were just sitting around when I pulled the engine last spring. So I just cleaned the pieces that were left, out.
My idea and you can tell me if this will work or if there is a better way. But I was thinking just use the factory boots from the pipe to the manifold. Stick a CPVC cap inside that and clamp the hose clamps down on each side.

Old 12-05-2005, 12:15 PM
Well, that would work, but most of the time, a "Y" pipe is installed with a flapper valve in it. This way, you can switch to the thru prop exhaust if your close to houses or have people on the boat that dont like the loud exhaust. In some places around here, they really frown on loud exhaust, so that set up is used all the time.

The exhaust flappers that were all shattered arent a huge deal, as long as the exhaust is above the water line. Most times they do shatter or rattle so bad everyone pulls them out.

Now quit hijacking my thread and help me with this cell phone thing

BREW

Old 12-05-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm not to worried about being able to switch back to quiet. Everyone around here just runs thiers. Some even run open headers, you can hear them coming from atleast 2 miles away.

As far as passengers... if they don't like my boat... they can go buy thier own.
I want the person in the tube, or on ski's behind me to feel total and complete fear when they hear it fire up especially from behind. Then I want thier knees to shake when they hear the rumble from the pipes as I nail it. If it wasn't for the gas mileage, I'd adapt a quadrajet four barrel on it, not for the power, just for the sound of hearing it howl "like only a quadrejet can" when they are being drug up out of the water by it.
We dont go crazy fast, 35 mph tops, but I think it just adds to the excitment. I know when I'm behind my buddies Big Block, when I hear that thing roar to life, I get a little tingle in my gut. Then when he nails it, I hear the 4brl open up and I always think to myself... "Ohhh crap! Did I do anything to make him upset with me?" LOL

But you did give me an idea, if there is enough room I will put a U pipe between the two pipes, if not then I'll just cap them off.

Edited to add:
BTW... Does anybody have any other ideas Brew can do for his moms phone? Or what he will need or would be nice accessory to have for it?

LOL

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 12-05-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag
Edited to add:
BTW... Does anybody have any other ideas Brew can do for his moms phone? Or what he will need or would be nice accessory to have for it?

LOL

Guess not....*sniff...sniff*

BREW

Old 12-05-2005, 05:53 PM
It works better with the external antenna.

PSS-Mag...

Dang right I got a cb and cell phone lol. I might even have a set of walkie talkies and a 2 way in there too. I like to stay connected.

Old 12-05-2005, 06:22 PM
I can't say anyhting about the 2 ways, I am taking a set with me on my raod trip this weekend. But the car following us will have the other one incase we dont have cell phone connnection and save minutes.

Old 12-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Just got a call from the cell phone store my wife use to work at and my new phone is in. My wife went in to get it right this second. I can't wait for her to get home so I can paly with it. I was wrong it's not the Nokia 6255. It's the Motorola 710!

Here it is!

Features 1.2 Mega pixel camera
Multimedia messaging (MMS)
Enhanced Messaging Service (EMS)
Video capture & playback
Bluetooth® wireless technology
Integrated MP3 player
SD removable memory slot
64 Polyphonic ringtones
Picture Caller ID
Speakerphone
Voice-activated dialing
Large phonebook stores up to 500 contacts with the ability for distinctive rings
TTY/TDD-capable for hearing impaired
All that and it's a phone too!

Quick Reply: I need some help..Cell phone, bluetooth, hands free...