Whats wrong with Ford trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 04:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats wrong with Ford trucks?

Alright, Dodge is starting to kick *** and they are racking up sales of the 345hp HEMI Rams left and right. They are $3,000 less then the underpowered 5.4L 300hp F150s and are much nicer inside. Meanwhile, the 5.6L Nissan Titan is also going well and sports more power and is cheaper than the F150. Chevy has some new more powerful trucks lined up in the next few years as well. All of this and Ford scraps plans for a new Lightning while Dodge drops the SRT-10 and there are no plans to give the F150 some more *****. Whats up with Ford trucks?

Old 06-05-2005, 07:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it does not matter what all the rest does..ford trucks are still KING of sales..28 yrs in a row now...we must be doing something right...zap!

Old 06-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Old 06-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
What's wrong with Ford trucks?

I don't own enough of them.

And you might wanna start this fight elsewhere. We're not stooping to your level; you'll have to climb to ours.

Last edited by Quintin; 06-05-2005 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:33 AM
Quintin, just wait, someone will fight him.......

Old 06-05-2005, 11:43 AM
He almost had me until I read the comment that the Dodge is "much nicer inside". That statement alone proves without a doubt that 2112 has absolutely NO CLUE what he's talking about.

E...

Old 06-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Dodge, Chevy, Nissan, Toyota.... The path to the darkside do they lead... meditate on this I will.

Old 06-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are $3,000 less then the underpowered 5.4L 300hp F150s and are much nicer inside.

Hahahaha.......Yea right. I can outrun a hemi and outclass it at the same time.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:32 PM
i think every truck has a place in the market and i could see the f15o relegated to more of the cruiser in the class but hey the previous f150 was way outdone by the competition and it still outsold them i wouldnt wory as long as u are happy with YOUR truck it shouldnt matter waht the competition is doing people buy what they like.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:33 PM
I am not trolling at all. I have a 2002 4.2L F150 and the lease is up next month. I was going to trade it in for another F150 until I started looking at the competition, it just seems like they are way ahead of Ford this time around. I am not happy that Ford seems to be content with what they have when the HEMI powered Ram is a superior truck and it costs less. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me if Ford would be making any imporovments to the 06 F150s, if not, I think I'll be going with another brand.

Last edited by 2112; 06-05-2005 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Good for you mate. It's called Freedom of choice.
If you like the Hemi better than the F150, get one and be happy.
I seriously looked at the 05 F150 Lariat before deciding I didn't really like it that much so I didn't buy it.
Personally, I think the Dodge interior is not as nice as the new Ford and yes, I have driven one.
Don't let us try and stop you. You won't find many Dodge fans here though, rather unsurprisingly.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Do you really think the Dodge interior is nicer?Please,that white cheese cloth the use for a headliner in every truck is horrible not to mention the half a crew cab with no rear leg room.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by 2112
I have a 2002 4.2L F150 and the lease is up next month. I was going to trade it in for another F150 until I started looking at the competition, it just seems like they are way ahead of Ford this time around. I am not happy that Ford seems to be content with what they have when the HEMI powered Ram is a far superior truck and it costs less. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me if Ford would be making any imporovments to the 06 F150s, if not, I think I'll be going with another brand.
First off, no wonder every truck on the planet is more powerful than yours. A 2002 4.2L V6 with an automatic (most likely) is no basis of comparison for the rest of the pickup truck world.

Secondly, you say "underpowered 5.4L 300hp" which means you probably went and test drove the heaviest of these trucks (King Ranch 4x4) even if they would let you near them, and you are complaining. Keep in mind that the same 5.4L comes in the F250 as well, and I have both driven and sold THOSE trucks on a daily basis, with no complaints either from me or from the customer. In fact, I have had customers choose either the 5.4L or the 6.8L V10 over the PSD on a couple occasions. Why, I am not sure. I would choose the diesel.

The competition seems to be way ahead of Ford this year huh? How about the Nissan Titan with its exploding rear end and butt ugly looks? The Dodge Ram looks like the same truck that came out in 1994 while I was watching the SuperBowl and they introduced it. The crew cab on the Dodge sucks *****, as the rear doors are about half the size of those on a Crew Cab F-150. The Toyota, well thats not even a full size, it's a 7/8's truck. And Chevrolet? Virtually unchanged underneath since 1987, how's that for a claim to fame? By the way, it is my opinion, and I am sure that you will notice too that it is the opinion of most everyone else on this board, that the Ram's interior sucks.

As far as improving the '06 F-150, why improve something that has already outsold the competition for the past 2 years since the new bodystyle was introduced? Sure, Ford will probably fix a few of the clutch pack issues, and vibes, but to make a drastic change to America's best selling pickup line would be a shot in the foot for Ford. It is their strong point. The Focus and the F150 are the two most popular selling items that Ford has. The sales figure for the '04 F150 was 939,511 sold IN ONE YEAR. That's almost a million trucks..and I am sure when the figures become available for 2005, it'll be somewhere close to that same figure.

Last thing, whether or not you claim to be a troll, you are. You come to a board that centrally focuses on Ford and their offerings in the light to heavy duty pickup truck market, and sing the praises of every brand except Ford. Well, lemme tell ya something. For far less than a Titan, you can buy a Frontier, because guess what? Nissan's "full-size" and "mid-size" pickups are both built on the same frame/chassis. What does that tell you? If you want plain boring style like on the Dodge Ram, by all means, go right ahead. If you want a cheap Japanese excuse for a pickup truck with plastic bumpers, and no structural support, as well as the lowest tow rating out of any of the competition, go for the Tundra "truckette." And if GM doesnt get their head out of their ***, they're gonna be bankrupt in a few years anyhow, so who gives a rat's *** about them. Ford on the other hand, showed a $663 million PROFIT last quarter where GM suffered a $1.1 billion loss. You do the math, but don't come here and try to insult OUR intelligence just because you seem to think you know everything about trucks. Why dont you take 20 minutes to watch this, and then try to insult us and our choice in the number one truck leader. **** off troll...

Old 06-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Of course I am not comparing what I drive currently (which is manual by the way) to the competition. I have driven the 5.4L V8 several times and I'm sorry but even the 5.6L Titan is faster, not to mention the Ram. I could care less about towing or hauling or anything like that, I am looking for performance.

Nice movie 02SuperCrew but why do they have all the comparos against only the Chevy, Toyota and Nissan? Why not compare it to the Dodge Ram? That is obviously their biggest competition and the best seller right behind them and closing in quick. Maybe becuase the Ram is an equally good or better truck?

Last edited by 2112; 06-05-2005 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Suspended
Thats why you got a V-6?

Ford scrapping the Lightning is very debatable and it will probally make an appearance. Most of the people on here really don't care about having the fastest trucks on earth and Ford doesn't either. They want to build a good truck and thats what their doing, and in fact been doing for 28 years in a row.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with Ford trucks?