Terri Schavo is dead

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terri Schavo is dead

She died this morning from hunger and dehydration. She was at the age of 41. Yesterday her parents got an emergency apearal from a federal judge to re-insert her feeding tube but the effort was cut short.

RIP- Terri Schavo

Old 03-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Bighersh Alter-Ego
That's "F'd" up...

This is why we need to look into assisted suicides, and other humane means of putting people out of their misery- if indeed they have a will to die, should injury or disease leave them in a vegetative state..

Can you imagine dying of hunger and dehydration? Do you realize how f'd up that would be?

It would have been easier to just OD her on morphine.

I don't know what the best answer was, but I'm certain removing the feeding tube and letting the woman die of thirst (Which is what it really was- the human body can live 60 days without food, but will die within days without water)..

Dying of thirst; how incredibly inhumane; even if she didn't know what was happening.

Old 03-31-2005, 11:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rest in peace Teri, may you be in a better place.

Old 03-31-2005, 11:36 AM
Thank god. Now the news outlets can focus on some other assinine story.... I wonder what's next?! I'm voting for the kid that got the obscene tattoo on his forhead...

http://www.thedailystar.com/news/sto...3/31/tat1.html

Now THAT'S good TV...

Old 03-31-2005, 12:52 PM
While I think what happened to her (her original injury) was very sad, if it was me, I certainly would want the plug pulled because I would not want to "live" that way, waste my family's resources or become propaganda for the "stickin' their noses in where it don't belong" Republicans or religious wackos.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

The only reason it ever became known, is because of all the legal and political BS involved. I think it would have been better if we had never heard of her in the first place, which is how it should have been IMHO.,,,,98

Rest in peace......

Old 03-31-2005, 01:05 PM
RIP, finally on to a better place.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:11 PM
things were so heated between the husband and the parents that he wouldn't even allow them at her bedside when she died.

That is one family that should be left alone in a field, all fully armed. That's ultimately what they want to do (kill each other)

Old 03-31-2005, 01:39 PM
F150online
Founder
The cynic in me says this is not over, from a legal action or media circus perspective.

If it has not happened already, I would image that the Schindler family will file several "wrongful death" civil lawsuits against Michael Schiavo, the State of Florida, the Federal Government, the hospice, etc.

I sincerely hope this does not happen, but rather both sides let her finally rest in peace.

Old 03-31-2005, 03:08 PM
This is proof not to trust a "soul-mate" with your wishes in death or life. Have a living will if you're married. I'm single and always will be, but my family(blood) knows my wishes.

Old 03-31-2005, 03:14 PM
F150online
Founder
I, like many others, trust my soulmate implicitly with my life.

We have, however, both had living wills for almost as long as we've been married and they both reflect the same desires.

When talk of living wills became all the rage a couple weeks ago, I decided to ask my parents if they knew what my wishes would be if put in a situation like this.

Guess what? They were, not surprisingly, completely wrong.

Old 03-31-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by webmaster

When talk of living wills became all the rage a couple weeks ago, I decided to ask my parents if they knew what my wishes would be if put in a situation like this.

Guess what? They were, not surprisingly, completely wrong.

this got me to thinking... what if these were truly her wishes and her parents were well aware of them? But a combination of faith and denial prevented them from allowing her wishes to be fulfilled?

Last edited by J-150; 03-31-2005 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:40 PM
this got me to thinking... what if these were truly her wishes and her parents were well aware of them? But a combination of faith and denail prevented them from allowing her wishes to be fulfilled?
I think you answered your own question. Things worked out the way she wanted them. I just want to know how Terri broke her femur back in 1990. hmmmm...

Old 03-31-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Frank S
I think you answered your own question. Things worked out the way she wanted them. I just want to know how Terri broke her femur back in 1990. hmmmm...
I think it's been well established that the husband is less than stellar. His not letting her parents at the deathbed completely blew all of his remaining credibility on doing "what Terri wanted"

Old 03-31-2005, 04:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by J-150
I think it's been well established that the husband is less than stellar. His not letting her parents at the deathbed completely blew all of his remaining credibility on doing "what Terri wanted"
I disagree. Consider that maybe he wanted to finally be able to peacefully say goodbye to his wife without the threats and tension from the in-laws (who have filed several legal actions against him). Just because he cannot have any kind of peaceful situation with the in-laws in the same room, so he does not allow them to be in the same room with him, doesn't make him a 'monster'.

Besides, Terri died 15 years ago. The in-laws and their supporters are the ones who made a three ring circus out of it. How about the idiots sending in their 10 year old son with a bottle of water (as if Terri could actually pick up the bottle and take a swig)? If put in the same position I would bar those loonies from my wife's bedside as well.

Quick Reply: Terri Schavo is dead