I need a sig! Dz or Eddy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need a sig! Dz or Eddy?

A couple of months ago a some great guys on this site made me some fantastic sigs to use in the threads. Unfortunately, I have seen more and more posts bashing law enforcement. Both my sigs are police related and I've decided to leave my profession off of this site completely since so many people seem to pre-judge police officers. I'm very proud to be a police officer respect everyone in law enforcement but I'm not going to waste my time defending the cause on a truck website.

If anyone can help me out with a simple, truck only signature, I would really appreciate it and have plenty of pics in my galleries.

Old 03-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
one of my best friends lives across the street...met him when i moved in here in '94....he's a lt.decetive here in town....and i think having friends in law enforcement is a good thing....(without me he has no firewood)..but he was the captian on the hockey team i was on in '97,'98,'99,2000 he's a good guy as so are you unless you need to do your job....his motto is "i dont care what you do around here...unless you put it in my face and force me into it..so live your life"...i dont see why people get so defensive?...paranoid?...when law enfocement is involved....keep up the good work ..we salute you(with beer anyway) ...zap!

Old 03-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Don't worry about it BigSherm... I can only remeber a few that seriously are anti law enforcement, most of the others are either joking, a controversial situation, or an extreme situation. I for one respect and appreciate the service you are providing us and the risk that you are willing to take on for us. Thank you! I know it isn't enough, but please accept it; Thank you!

Do you think that changing your sig will keep you from commenting on or defending something that you are that close to? (hopefully you are still that close to it)
I don't think so either....

KEEP THE SIG, AND THATS AN ORDER!

Old 03-25-2005, 11:40 PM
im pretty good at making sigs. make em for peeps on like 4 forums now

Old 03-26-2005, 12:06 AM
So, whose Amy? :Growl:

Old 03-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Hey shermy - shoot me an e-mail with ideas... when I get back in town next week I'll see what I can do.

Old 03-26-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey Big, You have my deepest respect and all other police officers. I couldn't imagine faceing the daily problems you have to deal with. I couldn't do for any amount of money. I salute you.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, and i know that by far most people are much smarter than they few bad apples that post on here occasionally but I still just want to come here about trucks.

thanks d, I'll send you an email soon.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:12 PM
BIGSHERM77,
not to many people can walk the
"Thin Blue Line"
like us.
stay safe and watch your 6

Old 03-26-2005, 11:16 PM

yours if you want it

Last edited by jpdadeo; 03-27-2005 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:47 AM
BigSherm,

As the son of a cop I'd say to heck with everyone else. If you are proud of being a cop, and you should be, put it in your sig.

I've seen the good and the bad side of cops. Had my run ins with both. They are no different than everyone else, good and bad.

Do you work for BA county, City or another dept?

I'd help you with the sig but there are others with much better talent.

Jim

Old 03-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Thanks jpdadeo!

Vader, I work for U.S. Capitol Police. I wish I worked in Baltimore but they don't pay their officers enough for the risks they put up with everday.

Old 03-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by bigsherm77

Vader, I work for U.S. Capitol Police. I wish I worked in Baltimore but they don't pay their officers enough for the risks they put up with everday.
Ain't that the truth...I was 18 working at Office Depot in Catonsville, applied at Ba County, passed the tests, and was accepted (had to wait till 21 for full police powers) but eventually turned down the job for two reasons....

1- my father, retired City, fought me the whole way.
2- I would actually take a pay cut to leave an office supply store and take a job with the county as a cop.

I'm not sorry, I make a good deal more in my profession but I think it is in my blood....still wish I took the job some days...

Jim

Old 03-27-2005, 09:09 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
I've found that money isn't everything. I've had great paying jobs and hated them and had lower paying jobs where I was happier.. If thats my choices then I'll take lower pay and be happy.

There was one time inpaticular that I went from a job I hated making $18 an hr. to one I liked for 7.50 an hr.
It took some getting use to but my lifestyle didn't change as much as you would think.

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 03-27-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:23 AM
PSS-Mag,

Oh I agree except...

I do like my career, just have that little tug toward the force..

Oh and the money....yea it aint that big of a deal but have you tried convincing a wife that a 60% pay cut is a good thing cause I'll be happier? Not likely...I'd be more miserable. Yea sure I'd love my job but I'd be bunking with the inmates...the wife would kill me

Quick Reply: I need a sig! Dz or Eddy?