Ugliest vehicles within last couple of years?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That stupid Cadillac SRX gay thing they call an SUV.Its a dam staion wagon and so is a Chrysler Pacifica,and a Volvo thing they call an SUV is a wagon and any Subaru Outback with kyaks on the roof driven by 2 lesbians is a station wagon.

Old 10-14-2004, 04:05 AM
I agree with what you have listed. I think people must shop for cars in the dark and have you seen some of the colors?? I just can't imagine someone going to a Honda dealer and looking at a pea green Element and saying "My that's a fine looking vehicle, think I'll sink several thousand dollars into it". What is wrong with people these days? Oh, and IMHO the Dodge Magnum looks like a station wagon on steroids. It's not really bad looking it just doesn't look as tough as they try to advertise it. Looks like something a soccer mom would drive.

Old 10-14-2004, 04:48 AM
The UGLIEST vehicle on the road for the 2004/2005 model year is the Pontiac Aztek

It is followed closely by any of the Bungled Beemers By Bangle.

(Ah, I just love alliteration.)

The Scion B is pretty fugly too (but the new Scion C ain't bad . . . the jury is still out on the A)

and, in the catagory of most PLAIN, boring car is the new Ford Five Hundred. I saw one on the road yesterday and almost crashed my car because I almost fell asleep it was so boring!

No wonder I haven't seen any advertisments for it . . . there's nothing worth advertising!

Old 10-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Tuna
That stupid Cadillac SRX gay thing they call an SUV.Its a dam staion wagon and so is a Chrysler Pacifica,and a Volvo thing they call an SUV is a wagon and any Subaru Outback with kyaks on the roof driven by 2 lesbians is a station wagon.
You hit this one one the head.

I'm sick of automakers calling these things "cross-over vehicles"

They're damned wagons!While we're at it, most car based SUVs should also be called wagons.

Heck, even International and AMC used to call their SUVs wagons back in the 60's and 70's.

Old 10-14-2004, 12:19 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scion is a brand, not a vehicle. You all are probably referring to the xB, but the tC looks pretty good IMHO.

Old 10-14-2004, 12:50 PM
Bighersh Alter-Ego
This isn't ugly: I like it.
You could do a lot worse for $14,000

Old 10-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by J-150
I'm sick of automakers calling these things "cross-over vehicles"

They're damned wagons!While we're at it, most car based SUVs should also be called wagons.
They are called station wagons on their registration (at least in MI they are). Then again even our Excursion says its a station wagon.

As mentioned earlier: the Magnum. Yes I am a woman & I think it is hideous. It is misproportioned.
Also the Aztec & Element.

Those are my top 3.

Old 10-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Bighersh Alter-Ego
I told my wife that- I was comtemplating trading in the SuperCrew and getting a Magnum; she said "But it looks like a station wagon". To that I replied- "And other SUV's don't?

I mean, if you lower a Suburban, Excursion, Expedition, Tahoe, etc to the ground, and put some dinky tires & wheels on it; it'll be a station-wagon.

I'd love a station wagon- Especially one with a 340 HP Hemi in it; and an estimated 405 HP in the upcoming Dodge Magnum SRT-8.

A E-class wagon or 5-series wagon with some nice wheels & tires on it wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

Old 10-15-2004, 07:27 AM
My list of fuglys;
*Dodge Ram...The front end is WAY over-done. My garage door is smaller than that grille.
*Durango...Again, the grille and fenders should be chopped-off and replaced with something else.
*Subaru Baja (?) Ranchero-thing...Subaru never got any styling awards, but this thing is way out of proportion...and the two-tone colors...gag.
*Colorado/Canyon...Is there a good reason the wheel arches aren't put on straight...and what about that pinball machine front end?
*Toyota/Nissan/Isuzu trucks...They're all ugly. Too many body lines going every-wich -way...goofy grilles and what's with that large plastic nerd on the tailgate?
*Bangle-designed BMW's...The world agrees with me, one reason he's no longer designing for them.
*Murano...Not one line on that vehicle looks good.
*MonteCarlo...Looks like an Impala that melted.
*Element...Looks like a 3rd grader's car drawing come to life. Remember who you see driving them, because those people are showing the world that they have NO taste what so ever.

I like the look of the Magnum and 300C. That synister, chopped-top look is cool.
I like the direction that Cadillac is taking with their styling. I'd love to have an XLR, but can't cough-up the bucks.
I sat in a new '05 Mustang yesterday, and even though I thought it looked good in pictures, I must say that it's even better in real life. Ford hit a home run with this one.
The new car that I'm most disappointed with is the GTO. GM missed the boat here, it just looks too much like a Cavalier.

MR

Quick Reply: Ugliest vehicles within last couple of years?