Presidential Debates (VP's)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Bighersh Alter-Ego
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Presidential Debates (VP's)

OK, we all know Kerry will go undefeated in the Presidential Debates; the wild card is the Vice-Presidential debates. **** is slicker than a greasy eel in a barrel of 40-weight oil- and can dance around issues like Fred Astaire danced aroudn the stage; yet- he can do so in a manner that doesn't seem evasive.

I've never heard Edwards speak; he'll have to be good to out speak ****. If he can stay even with ****, or pull off an upset and win that'll be another nail in the 2nd-term coffin.

Who else is gonna watch?

Old 10-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
VP debate will be similiar to your last new car purchase.

Edwards will appear as a car salesman, telling what great things are possible, the options available to you, how good you'll look in Red with leather.

Cheney will remind you of the Finance Manager, looking intently through the top of his glasses, speaking in a factual monotone, he will define your credit rating, explain the rate you got, add undercoating and generally make you squirm in your seat. You'll sign anything to escape.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:52 PM
I was thinking tht Edwards skills as a trial lawyer would serve him well in the debates but I heard that a lot of his big cases were settled out of court so maybe he dosn't have as much courtroom experience as I expected. If you are looking for an actual debate where both participants have a shot at looking like they belong in a debate, well this might be the one. Dirty **** Cheney has been around the block a few times and knows the game so I'm giving him an edge. They both have a weasly edge to them, corrupt big business tycoon vs greedy ambulance chaser, has a nice ring to it.

be careful Raoul, you might get sucked back into this blackhole of politically charged threads. I'm trying to stay out of the ranting threads but it is hard.

Last edited by fatman66; 10-05-2004 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Originally posted by fatman66
...be careful Raoul, you might get sucked back into this blackhole of politically charged threads. I'm trying to stay out of the ranting threads but it is hard.
I have a new tact to get me through the next four weeks. I will respond to no individual directly. Just general observations.

When the verbal battles begin, the very positioning of your post could get you in trouble so, I exclude myself when it starts.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Raoul, you are as wise as Yoda!

Old 10-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
I can't respond to that because I would be addressing you directly.

I can't be tricked that easily, ya know.

(uh...this post is for everyone except fatman66)

Last edited by Raoul; 10-05-2004 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Should be a good debate, I am interested to see if Edwards can make Cheney lose his temper(which he is well known for). Not that it matters much its just a VP debate on the same issues that we have all been bantering about for the last year.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:48 PM
I think Chaney know's more about the system than Edwards, but peoples view will favor Edwards more (and he will help the Democrats more than Chaney will help the Republicans) and thus he wont have to be as sharp as chaney needs to be.

I'm gonna go ahead and give Chaney the win though!!!

Raoul, Fat Joe called your name out in "lean Back" how you gonna respond to that???

Old 10-05-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Raoul
I can't respond to that because I would be addressing you directly.

I can't be tricked that easily, ya know.

(uh...this post is for everyone except fatman66)

Old 10-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Banned For Violation of Terms of Service
Cheney is going to chew him up, spit him out, and show everyone what he looks like. He's dealt with faaaaaar more a-holes in his career than Edwards.

Old 10-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally, Edwards is the only person I really care for in the entire presidential race. I've got my doubts to some extent about everyone else involved. (I feel like we're choosing between the lesser of two evils once again as opposed to voting for a candidate I am actually behind) It's hard to believe in this entire great country of ours that these are the two best choices we can put forwards! Edwards on the other hand (although it could be argued he is fairly inexpierenced) came from very humble beginnings and to a great extent seems to have put himself where he is at on his own. Cheney is extremely expierenced, and extremely uncharismatic. Edwards is extremely unexpierenced, but very charismatic. Should be a good debate.

Last edited by STX/98; 10-05-2004 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:17 PM
It will certainly have more excitement than the presidential debates. Cheney is tough, a pit bull, but Edwards has a lot of experience argueing his point, and is very good at it. jvernacchio
brought up a very good point, if Edwards can make Cheney lose it, it will be a slam dunk.

Old 10-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Bighersh Alter-Ego
A lot of good points...

I'll say one thing though: Unless you were Vice-President then become President- there is no way you can ever be "prepared" for the job of President. You just better make darn sure you have the right people in your corner, behind you and in your cabinet.

It sounds like it's gonna be good.

Old 10-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Re: Presidential Debates (VP's)

Originally posted by cia-agent
OK, we all know Kerry will go undefeated in the Presidential Debates
Perhaps, but defeated in the election... Drink up and clap your hands while you can...

Old 10-05-2004, 08:27 PM
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raoul is back, where the hell have you been bro? You been sailing the multimillion dollar yacht or something?

Good to see you back my good friend

Quick Reply: Presidential Debates (VP's)