Look what Frances did!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 03:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow FL, sorry to hear about and see your troubles. Being without a vehicle sux, I agree, but you should have yours back in a few days. And now you don't even have to ride the bus! Everything is working out already. BTW, how are Carlos' injuries? Hope you and Carlos are back on the road soon!

Leeann, sorry to hear about your truck too. Any idea what happened? Hope they turn out to be superficial and can be buffed out.

Old 09-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by clonetek
and a cute one too!
Naaah...

Old 09-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by wild-mtn-rose
Wow FL, sorry to hear about and see your troubles. Being without a vehicle sux, I agree, but you should have yours back in a few days. And now you don't even have to ride the bus! Everything is working out already. BTW, how are Carlos' injuries? Hope you and Carlos are back on the road soon!

Thanks for your input. Things worked out pretty good today, I have to say. My mom informed me today that the car possibly will be done tomorrow afternoon. I HOPE SO! Maybe they could deliver it to school for me... "free pick-up and delivery"!

I just can't wait to get my baby back. I'm gonna hug 'im and kiss 'im and...

As far as Carlos goes, he's still alright but tiny patches of his 'fur' are missing. =(

What was REALLY goofy, though, was that my county's schools were in session today. All surrounding counties, though, were exempt from school today. My principal was yapping about how other counties had dirt roads (like we don't ) and so they couldn't really get to school. But I think the MOST important thing here is, if you're safe at school or not. Who gives a Chevy's tail end if you can get there or not. And, just to backfire in the school authority's decisions, for an hour we had a tornado warning, and I sat in the hall on the filthy floor, uncomfortable as all hell. Yep, they don't know what they're doing, LOL!

Other than that,,,, things are fine.

Old 09-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FL

So sorry to hear/see of the problems that Francis caused you. I know its hard to see it this way right now, but you are lucky, it could have been much worse

After its all fixed, I'll bet you'll have a good laugh about Bucky's and Carlos bush with a limb.

If it was me.........
First, I'd find a heavy duty shop vac (car wash) and get the glass out.
Second, I'd duck tape a piece of plastic over the hole where the glass use to be. That will keep out any more water and drive to school myself.
Thrid, you could change Buck'y name to Timex! Cuz it took a lick'in and kept on tick'in

Btw.....Spoke with my brother in Fla yesterday. Believe me, when I tell you.........You got off lucky

Old 09-07-2004, 08:26 PM
Ya it could have been much worse. I was without internet AND cable for an entire 3 days. Actually my neighborhood got real lucky only lost 1 tree and it fell into someone's fence. The surrounding area is flooded and a lot of people without electric.

Old 09-08-2004, 10:36 AM
I lost power and phone and cable for 4 days. MY fence is gone and many trees are down. My city looks like a war zone, with no traffic signals and glass and signs in themiddle of roads. My neighbor's roof is off and house is trashed. I got lucky whereas many other friends of mine didnt.

Old 09-08-2004, 11:53 AM
Thumbs down Frances

Welcome to Pennsylvania Frances....

Last edited by pgh_medic; 09-08-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Re: Frances

Originally posted by pgh_medic
Welcome to Pennsylvania Frances....

Whoa, it moves!

Old 09-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Here's a little update on the deal with my car....

I called the glass place myself, because I was too impatient to wait for my father to inform me.

They told me they had the rear windshield there, and that it fit. But they had to special order the molding for it, which shoulda been there yesterday but will come in tomorow. So it should "definitely" be done and be in my posession tomorrow.

And my parents never cease to *&$#@ at me even if they're 800 miles away...

Oh well though.

Old 09-09-2004, 12:32 AM
Trust me, I'll swap ya your broken rear window in a second if you'll pick up the tab on my damage. We got popped by both Charlie and Frances. My current insurance claim on Charlie alone sets at almost $30K, of which $10K is my deductible! Have a look and see if it makes ya feel any better about your situation.

Like my new 10'x10' garage skylight!

Can you find the street in front of my house?

-Mike-

Old 09-09-2004, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Ford Lariat
Naaah...
You forget, I have your pic..

Old 09-09-2004, 03:38 AM
Glad to hear things are getting worked out for you FL. Looking at BigDeal's photos I'd say you were lucky.

BigDeal, what a mess. Sorry for your misfortune and I really hope Ivan misses you. Haven't heard reports in a day or so, not sure what direction its headed now. Best of luck and my thoughts are with all of you in the paths of these storms.

Old 09-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by BigDeal
Trust me, I'll swap ya your broken rear window in a second if you'll pick up the tab on my damage. We got popped by both Charlie and Frances. My current insurance claim on Charlie alone sets at almost $30K, of which $10K is my deductible! Have a look and see if it makes ya feel any better about your situation.

-Mike-
damn, Mike. I'm really sorry. I don't feel any better that my situation may not be as bad as yours; that would be kinda selfish. I feel for you too...

Is your truck ok though?

Old 09-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by clonetek
You forget, I have your pic..
uh oh, which one

Old 09-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by wild-mtn-rose
Glad to hear things are getting worked out for you FL. Looking at BigDeal's photos I'd say you were lucky.

BigDeal, what a mess. Sorry for your misfortune and I really hope Ivan misses you. Haven't heard reports in a day or so, not sure what direction its headed now. Best of luck and my thoughts are with all of you in the paths of these storms.
Thanks wmr. The Buick actually was not ready today, unfortunately.... But tomorrow, they say it will be done in the afternoon. Let's HOPE!

It's all good though...

Quick Reply: Look what Frances did!!