Presidential IQ's

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
I can understand, it happens all the time when debating liberals and they run out of "talking points"...
It's about not resorting to simple insults as you did.

Old 10-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by AjRagno
It's about not resorting to simple insults as you did.
That’s the thing I don’t get. Why is it someone that may be a liberal is insulted by the title? Rarely does one admit they are indeed a liberal like it’s a dirty nasty name.

I am very proud to be a conservative, it’s a good wholesome name, responsibility, self sufficient, and family values…

As far as anyone actually “resorting to simple insults” please re-read your post and then mine. Then come back and point out to me where the insults are. I, to the best of my knowledge, have not called anyone a moron or and idiot for agreeing with ones position. However if you find something like that please bring it to the table for all to see…

Old 10-06-2003, 12:36 PM
AjRagno, you might as well give up. This guy is will never be brought around by facts and logic as he will always denounce anything that doesn't agree with his narrow black and white view of non- reality. Any thing anyone says that he disagrees with will always be some sort of liberal, pinko, commie propaganda from an obviously left wing progessive (oh my god!!) anti-american foreigner (such as myself), or unpatriotic traitor(such as yourself). Any links you provide that disprove his rants will be be from left wing , commie publications that are only good for using as toilet paper in his outhouse.
Neocon baiting is only fun for a while because they never argue from fact. Any thing you say or cite will only be responded to by rhetoric and word twisting. Remember, it's only true if Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly say it is!!

Old 10-06-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by arrbilly
AjRagno, you might as well give up. This guy is will never be brought around by facts and logic as he will always denounce anything that doesn't agree with his narrow black and white view of non- reality. Any thing anyone says that he disagrees with will always be some sort of liberal, pinko, commie propaganda from an obviously left wing progessive (oh my god!!) anti-american foreigner (such as myself), or unpatriotic traitor(such as yourself). Any links you provide that disprove his rants will be be from left wing , commie publications that are only good for using as toilet paper in his outhouse.
Neocon baiting is only fun for a while because they never argue from fact. Any thing you say or cite will only be responded to by rhetoric and word twisting. Remember, it's only true if Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly say it is!!
Oh boy, here we go again, the guy that hates everybody…

Didn’t I mention to you to come back with a definition of “neocon” since you love to throw it around and it has quit a few different definitions? Anyway, off with you to find “your” definition of “neocon”…

If you have nothing to offer then back away from the table slowly and leave my bread alone...

Old 10-06-2003, 01:21 PM
arrbilly,

You are being facetious with your remarks. Your passive insults towards 01 XLT Sport bring nothing contructive to the argument. The very nature of that post suggests a hint of defeat to the arguement.

AjRagno, you might as well give up.
Quitting may be an option for you, but as long as a valid response is being brought forward, why do you all the sudden "want to give up"?

Any links you provide that disprove his rants will be be from left wing , commie publications that are only good for using as toilet paper in his outhouse.
Obviously, you've already made up your mind reguardless of what "facts" or "evidence" is brought up against you. Yet, you critisize 01 XLT Sport for this very mindset of which you accuse him. You are a hypocrite.

Old 10-06-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Though some may find comfort in a false belief that President Bush is somehow a moron just goes to show how low their own IQ must really be…
More accurately, there are many of us who find discomfort when we see that Bush is a moron. Whereas others seem to find comfort inspite of his short comings.

You do resort to insults on a regular basis as well. It's a simple attempt (perfected by Rush Limbaugh) to distract from what someone with an opposing opinion has to say. Rather than answering a question or responding to an argument, you attempt to turn the focus, not to the argument, but back on the questioner.

You are also accusing me of being ashamed of being liberal now. You do this because many conservatives use the word "liberal" in a disparaging sense, the same way a racist uses the word "ni**er", to devalue a persons credibility and life.

I've re-read my comments and not once did I insult you. You, on the other hand, spoke to me as though you would speak to a dog, insinuate that I would have had no problems with Hitler, and would support terrorists that had a bad upbringing?

I called Bush a moron and an idiot and I think I've given ample reason to support such a belief

That is another very good reason not to take you seriouly Insulting, rather than respoding is a good indicator that your argument cannot stand on its own merit.

Now, you've done nothing but insult and talk down to, arrbilly.

Last edited by AjRagno; 10-06-2003 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:36 PM
and now to inject a little humor that seems to be badly needed here

http://books.guardian.co.uk/extracts...055510,00.html

Old 10-06-2003, 02:57 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Well now, what have we here?

Seems like I started this relatively harmless thread, poking fun at the office of President and the citizens that have occupied it in recent years. In case you guys haven't noticed, I was way off base. The thread was bogus to begin with. Maybe I should have asked a Moderator (RP, where the heck are you when we need you.) to delete it in the first place.
I realized as the posts progressed, it got into a pretty lively discussion, which I always enjoy because it really does enlighten me and allow me to bask in the brainpower that is associated with this board. I learn things, I swear I do!
Aarbilly and Ajragno I have seen 01 tell many people that he values and respects their opinions, especially when they are bringing facts to the table.
Is it difficult to change his mind on a subject? Yes, most definitely! Do you really want everyone to think the same way you do? No, most definitely! I use the pronoun "you" in the global sense, not singling out anyone here on the board for their beliefs or opinions.
Now, let's all put our weapons away and come back and play nice again.

If anyone is to be ridiculed or talked down to, it should be me for bringing this false thread out here in the first place. So everyone redirect their barbs to me, I can either take it or cry later in private.

Old 10-06-2003, 03:03 PM
I've been having a good chuckle thru this whole thing, hehe. We can't be all bad as we all drive F-150's. Maybe there's hope for the world yet!

Old 10-06-2003, 03:08 PM
What's that old saying?
"I'll defend to the death your right to your opinion, but I'll be damned if I have to agree with it."

Old 10-06-2003, 03:09 PM
I don't think you planned on having this thread go off the rails serotta, but at this point it seems unlikely that 01 and Aj are going to join hands and sing Kumbaya.

Old 10-06-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by arrbilly
I've been having a good chuckle thru this whole thing, hehe. We can't be all bad as we all drive F-150's. Maybe there's hope for the world yet!
Hush! Don't tell anyone! Actually, I'm not on this board because I drive an F-150, I drive an F-150 so I can be on this board. At least that's what everyone thinks. I really drive a Suburbalanche.

Old 10-06-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by flafonman
I don't think you planned on having this thread go off the rails serotta, but at this point it seems unlikely that 01 and Aj are going to join hands and sing Kumbaya.
None of us remember the words anyway!

Old 10-06-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by serotta
I really drive a Suburbalanche.
He really doesn't, folks, so don't be angry with him. About this time of day he gets to drinkin 'dat Nor Carlina Moonshine. He'll be okay once he sleeps it off.

Old 10-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by flafonman
He really doesn't, folks, so don't be angry with him. About this time of day he gets to drinkin 'dat Nor Carlina Moonshine. He'll be okay once he sleeps it off.
I may not be into that "Nor Karolina shoonmine", but I am on my third Corona and lime, 'bout time to stop postin'.....

Quick Reply: Presidential IQ's